Who is going to surprise this year? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who is going to surprise this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
DHam. Kid just scratched the surface last year. I expect him to improve his ballhandling, shooting, and overall consistency............improving from potential to elite!

Reaction Score
My pick is Cassell. I promise he isn't really as bad as he played last year. He is more than capable of being a quality backup PG/SG and averging 10 PPG.

Cassell is coming off of an injury and has likely missed most of the off season rehabbing. He has missed valuable development opportunities and is probably well out of game shape. Any production from him will be a bonus.

Reaction Score
Cassell just isn't quick enough to contribute IMO. He looked good in exhibition games last year but had no other real memorable minutes and couldn't keep up with the high pace and agility of these elite guards. He was a spot up shooter that needed some space to shoot. Not saying improvements haven't been made since the season's end, but he is definitely the 5th guard option

Reaction Score
Cassell just isn't quick enough to contribute IMO. He looked good in exhibition games last year but had no other real memorable minutes and couldn't keep up with the high pace and agility of these elite guards. He was a spot up shooter that needed some space to shoot. Not saying improvements haven't been made since the season's end, but he is definitely the 5th guard option

Hoping the injuries had something to do with his loss of a step or so. Otherwise you will be spot on. Like his game and the flashes shown early, hopefully there is more of that in 2015.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
I just can't see Nolan contributing more than he already has. For those who think he'll surprise, what are you expecting him to improve on? I think he's going to play a senior Tyler Olander role for us and nothing more. Still valuable with his ability to take charges, his 5 fouls, and senior leadership but I don't see much more coming from him.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I don't think Jalen or Hamilton can surprise people. Both are expected to be great. There is a minority here that would be surprised if Rodney had a very good year. About half of you would be surprised if AB improved. What would it take for Gibbs or Miller to surprise?

I go with Facey. The threshold is lower and he has already shown ability.

Reaction Score
I just can't see Nolan contributing more than he already has. For those who think he'll surprise, what are you expecting him to improve on? I think he's going to play a senior Tyler Olander role for us and nothing more. Still valuable with his ability to take charges, his 5 fouls, and senior leadership but I don't see much more coming from him.
Last year Nolan's role was much too big for his skillset. This year with a developed Brimah, Miller, improved Facey, incoming Enoch, Nolan becomes the 4th or 5th big on the depth chart as opposed to being the 3rd big on the depth chart last year. Even though, by years end many would argue Nolan surpassed Facey on the depth chart, I digress. The incoming talent we have in the front court will shrink his role ON the court drastically. However, he can thrive in this smaller role. Take charges, solid defense for 5-10 minutes to give others a breather. OFF the court, his leadership and experience will be huge.

Reaction Score
I don't think Jalen or Hamilton can surprise people. Both are expected to be great. There is a minority here that would be surprised if Rodney had a very good year. About half of you would be surprised if AB improved. What would it take for Gibbs or Miller to surprise?

I go with Facey. The threshold is lower and he has already shown ability.

I have to disagree David (especially after you threw me under the bus most recently). If Adams is so great as some say then why is 85-90% of the board penciling him in at the guy off the bench. In that case if he finds his way into he first 5 he will surprise and I think he may just do that. Even if he is only 5'10" LOL

Reaction Score
Omar. He'll be the guy that we saw when he was a freshman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member