Who is going to Houston? | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Who is going to Houston?

Reaction Score
Well my brother just picked up some better tickets through FAU for the sessions on Saturday $205 each for sections 108-114(We will find out from FAU what the seats are on Friday). They are FAU allotted tickets he got with a $10 donation. Now I just need to try to sell the section 540 seats for what ever I can get. I never should of bought those tickets.

Reaction Score
Officially cursed. Delta flight I was booked on Friday just got cancelled. Rebooked but probably going out on the United flight Sat AM now.

Reaction Score
The Houston UConn Alumni Chapter used to have a bar to meet at just to the east of the Marriott Marquis Houston on the other side of I-69.....That was back in 2014 thru 2016 when I was the Owner Rep for the construction of the Marriott Marquis Houston. Been so long, that I have forgotten the name of the place.

Perhaps the Alumni Chapter is having a gathering on Friday evening for Happy Hour?

Reaction Score
I am staying at a Fairfield Inn about 10 miles out. I booked an American Airlines ticket Saturday morning from BDL for $665 leaving 6am Friday morning. I rented a car from Hertz.

Just waiting for the tickets from UConn.

Locked ready and loaded!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
houston 3 hrs away - san antonio ( 2004 location) 1+ hrs away

I'm not saying to stay in Austin, I said to stay one hour away (like we did in 2004)

Reaction Score
First post.... headed down Friday. Let's go huskies!

1) Is there a meet up planned for Friday night?

Reaction Score
aftermarket is crashing huge time.....huge
Yeah, Probably gonna end up upgrading someone from 600 level to my extra seats. Have friends who haven't committed and have 2 left I believe. Figured would be more demand and so I got my max allotment of 8... oh well!

Reaction Score
IF - we win on Saturday. I was curious if anyone was looking for someone to carpool with to Houston.

Long story short - I cannot commit to the full week - because my Mother In Law is going into surgery for what is suspected to be cancer. I was crazy excited sunday morning looking up flights and hotels only to find out the 1:50 chance that it is the day my MIL goes lays on the date i'd fly out for everything.....

we've been battling this for 7 weeks now, and the Friday I wanted to leave for Houston is the Friday of the actual surgery to FINALLY find out what's what.

So Final Four is out for me, but if anyone is down to take turns driving down( in the general vicinity) - I'm in NNJ by the GW Bridge. For the Championship Game. Pls Reach out.

As much fun as it sounds to take a methed out 24 hour drive like a trucker.... It would be nice to have a friend(s). Hit me up.

Reaction Score
Yeah, Probably gonna end up upgrading someone from 600 level to my extra seats. Have friends who haven't committed and have 2 left I believe. Figured would be more demand and so I got my max allotment of 8... oh well!

Sent you a PM

Reaction Score
Galleria is not the best area for BBQ IMO so I would plan to drive.
Pinkerton’s is my go to due it’s proximity to my house and it’s really good. They’re a relative newcomer but have won a bunch of rewards.
Killen’s is regarded as one of, if not the best in Houston but it is furthest away.
Gatlin’s is a Houston staple solid but now in a strip mall which is a bummer.

Pappas and Goode Co are solid but bore me due to them somewhat local chains.

People poo poo Rudy’s BBQ but I like it and they have a little store inside where you can purchase rubs, sauces and other unique BBQ items.

Not all BBQ is created equal but it’s all usually good as long as it’s a dedicated BBQ restaurant.
What would you recommend around Galleria?

Reaction Score
I’m flying down Sunday, staying at a friend’s room and winging it on tickets for Monday. All assuming we take care of business Saturday.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm not saying to stay in Austin, I said to stay one hour away (like we did in 2004)
I've done both. If you can spring it, the closer the better.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Not sure where to ask but this may be the best spot and not sure who started it but I believe @August_West may know, A few years back we had a very long thread on a place in Texas that livestreamed people trying to eat a ridiculously large steak in an hour.

A) how close is this place to Houston?
B) should those who have trekked to Houston have a mojo boosting boneyard challenge there?

FPBtJ7L.gif

Reaction Score
Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen and Goode Co Seafood for the area.
Eugene’s Gulf Coast Seafood if you don’t mind a drive. BBQ pretty much covered.
Thank you. The only time I have been in Houston was in 2018 when we landed there to go to Port Aransas. We did have good seafood at Goode Co Seafood prior to taking our flight back home. That is a place that I was planning to go to this time around as well but I may try the others. I remember the huge shrimp tower from Goode.

Reaction Score
Anyone have 1 extra ticket in the uconn sections from the Monday sale?

2014 alumni flying down for first live final four with a friend who was able to get his through a coworker and want to sit close to him/others if possible

Reaction Score
The Facebook page is "UConn Houston Alumni Network". I do not do FB so I cannot get in....perhaps there is some info there for a gathering on Friday afternoon....
Thank you for the info. I just requested admission to this private group. If I find out about any gatherings, I will update here. Super psyched as I am starting my 1000 mile drive later today. Hope to be at public practice tomorrow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom