Who is going to Houston? | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Who is going to Houston?

Reaction Score
Marriott people- there's some points availability at the Laura Hotel (two queen rooms; 6 blocks from Magnolia and about 9 from Whitehall) and the AC Hotel (king beds only; 2 blocks from Magnolia and 15 from Whitehall). Just rebooked at the Laura.

Reaction Score
Word of advice for travelers. You don't have to stay in Houston where prices are sure to be sky high. When I went in 2004, stayed in Austin, about 1 hour away. Although at this point, even those windows may have closed

We saved thousands, literally
houston 3 hrs away - san antonio ( 2004 location) 1+ hrs away

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
From my experience at Final Four's, Tom Petty had it nailed. One place where I would be killing time if I was there is the race track. They are running Fri-Sun. If you have a few bucks on the race, it keeps your mind off other things. The quarter horses were running when I was there in 2011. I won a few bucks and no lie, it was $2 Beer Night.

Reaction Score
Where you staying? Energy Corridor 16 miles to NRG. Traveling by car from FL
Food type? Seafood, BBQ
Budget? Moderate
Vibe? Good time and first Final Four but with wife who doesn't always share my wild ways.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Since Houston's too close to New Orleans, and even closer to Cajun Country, theres some good Cajun food to be had. Can't remember the place I went a few years ago, but it was very respectable, and I spent a lot of time in NOLA.

Reaction Score
Waiting for the game on Saturday night and for the good guys to make it official and we have a truck packed up and ready to drive to Houston from FT Myers with 3 sons ( about 1500 miles) and buy tics from where ever. Took a greyhound bus Sunday morning after semi final against Ohio State and made it to Tampa at 5:00 pm with my daughter and bought tickets from scalpers ( was an experience all by its self) And had one of the best all time memories ever), and got center court tics 5 rows up. Coach K yelling “take him “ to T Landon for the final play. Stole a 4’ final 4 banner off of a 40’ light pole right across the street from a police station outside of Tropicana dome, ( with the help or a guy working at a souvenir tent using a spare tent pole ) and ran like hell till we were outa site, my daughter was proud of my courageous act and the banner sits proudly in a display case over our fireplace to this day.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
houston 3 hrs away - san antonio ( 2004 location) 1+ hrs away
Yes, and Austin is the most expensive city in Texas....by a lot. Much has changed since that tournament in 2004.

Reaction Score

Final 4 Hotel available in Houston, April 1-4 - Hampton Inn & Suites Houston Medical Center NRG Park, One Mile from stadium, $1,000 total for all 3 nights.​

renderTimingPixel.png

I have a hotel room available one mile from the final 4 stadium from Saturday night, checking out Tuesday. It's already paid for. I can accept paypal or venmo, and then I will add your name to the reservation so you will be able to check in. You will need your own credit card to handle any incidentals. Email jcarruth@gmail.com and we can work out the details.

Reaction Score
Got flights last night BOS-DFW. Bit of a drive, but only $480 and rental car out of DFW reasonable. Paid for Fairfield Inn with Marriott points. Now just deciding how long to wait to buy the tickets, I have to imagine they will continue to drop into the day of.

Reaction Score
Got flights last night BOS-DFW. Bit of a drive, but only $480 and rental car out of DFW reasonable. Paid for Fairfield Inn with Marriott points. Now just deciding how long to wait to buy the tickets, I have to imagine they will continue to drop into the day of.
I have two extra tickets I'm trying to offload and would prefer they go to a UConn fan. If you're interested PM me.

Reaction Score
Galleria.
BBQ.
Moderate
Fun.
Galleria is not the best area for BBQ IMO so I would plan to drive.
Pinkerton’s is my go to due it’s proximity to my house and it’s really good. They’re a relative newcomer but have won a bunch of rewards.
Killen’s is regarded as one of, if not the best in Houston but it is furthest away.
Gatlin’s is a Houston staple solid but now in a strip mall which is a bummer.

Pappas and Goode Co are solid but bore me due to them somewhat local chains.

People poo poo Rudy’s BBQ but I like it and they have a little store inside where you can purchase rubs, sauces and other unique BBQ items.

Not all BBQ is created equal but it’s all usually good as long as it’s a dedicated BBQ restaurant.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Pinkerton’s is my go to due it’s proximity to my house and it’s really good. They’re a relative newcomer but have won a bunch of rewards.
Killen’s is regarded as one of, if not the best in Houston but it is furthest away.

People poo poo Rudy’s BBQ but I like it and they have a little store inside where you can purchase rubs, sauces and other unique BBQ items.

Not all BBQ is created equal but it’s all usually good as long as it’s a dedicated BBQ restaurant.
I'm not a fan of Rudy's for lunch/dinner really, but their breakfast tacos are outstanding, at least in the Austin area.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score

I’m a CT transplant in Houston & I second Rudy’s as a solid option.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
We enjoyed Rudy's but it was the one in San Antonio behind a gas station. It's where I became a creamed corn fan.
We hit that one on Sunday between games in 2004, it was fine for the purpose. The Mex/Tex-Mex in S.A. was off the wall!

Reaction Score
Where you staying? Energy Corridor 16 miles to NRG. Traveling by car from FL
Food type? Seafood, BBQ
Budget? Moderate
Vibe? Good time and first Final Four but with wife who doesn't always share my wild ways.

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen and Goode Co Seafood for the area.
Eugene’s Gulf Coast Seafood if you don’t mind a drive. BBQ pretty much covered.

Reaction Score
Kind of disappointing that the pre game is sold out. Anyone know an alternative?
Agree. There are a lot of people that are disappointed about this. Some people are trying to get them to add more slots. Make some calls to request more availability!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom