Who is going to Houston? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Who is going to Houston?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know where the season ticket holders seat sections are?

Reaction Score
Flight and hotel booked! Third F4 for me. Best to stay in SW Houston, Missouri City, Sugar Land, or surrounding area. NRG Stadium is in the SW part of Houston and the team hotel will be in the same area. In 2011 the team hotel was the JW Marriott right across from the Galleria. Waiting to buy tickets until we know which sections UConn will be distributing tickets. Most likely will buy off of StubHub. Tickets will skyrocket is Texas wins; go Miami!!

Reaction Score
Will be my fifth final four. Only missed 2004 when plane tix were $1700. Looking for 3 tix now. I’ve gotten smart over the years and booked on southwest a few days before the final 8 game using points .
That's about the cost of plane tix from BDL now too. First time I've really been in a position to afford making the trip, but is no one else thinking flight prices are absurd? I'm still down to pay, but every single friend has dropped out because it's $1500ish round trip

Reaction Score
So far what I’ve gathered is that the donor levels that are currently in play (director and above) require a $200 deposit per ticket and we will get the final price and seat locations tomorrow when husky level is (hopefully) released. Top tiers are able to get between 6-10 tickets depending on level which is how we got ours thus far.

Flights - JFK & LGA have the most direct options and are cheaper than BDL. Boston is around the same as NY from what I’ve seen. I got delta round trip out of BDL for under 1k but most options are nearing 4 digits. Plenty of cheaper spirit options available too.

Lodging - this is what I sent my group, prices below are all via bonvoy so I’m sure you can find cheaper options outside that portfolio.

I booked the TownPlace Suites Houston Galleria because it was one of the few within 5 miles from the stadium that took points.

Airbnb is cheaper but not really closer to the stadium than some hotels. Hotels that are closer to the stadium are currently looking at 400-600 per night, rising almost every time I look. Westchase hotels are the biggest bang for our buck around 150-200 per night. It’s about a 25 min drive/Uber to the stadium from there. Downtown, which isn’t really that close to NRG, is wicked expensive, 750-1250 per night.

Houston is weird - it’s very spread out and most things are 15-30min drives. I’ve talked to a couple or locals who suggest we don’t stay downtown. Westchase area was a consensus recommendation if we don’t book a hotel closer to the stadium/galleria.

Would definitely book lodging before Texas plays.

Will let you guys know when I have prices and section numbers from our allotment.

Hope this helps!

Reaction Score
So far what I’ve gathered is that the donor levels that are currently in play (director and above) require a $200 deposit per ticket and we will get the final price and seat locations tomorrow when husky level is (hopefully) released. Top tiers are able to get between 6-10 tickets depending on level which is how we got ours thus far.

Flights - JFK & LGA have the most direct options and are cheaper than BDL. Boston is around the same as NY from what I’ve seen. I got delta round trip out of BDL for under 1k but most options are nearing 4 digits. Plenty of cheaper spirit options available too.

Lodging - this is what I sent my group, prices below are all via bonvoy so I’m sure you can find cheaper options outside that portfolio.

I booked the TownPlace Suites Houston Galleria because it was one of the few within 5 miles from the stadium that took points.

Airbnb is cheaper but not really closer to the stadium than some hotels. Hotels that are closer to the stadium are currently looking at 400-600 per night, rising almost every time I look. Westchase hotels are the biggest bang for our buck around 150-200 per night. It’s about a 25 min drive/Uber to the stadium from there. Downtown, which isn’t really that close to NRG, is wicked expensive, 750-1250 per night.

Houston is weird - it’s very spread out and most things are 15-30min drives. I’ve talked to a couple or locals who suggest we don’t stay downtown. Westchase area was a consensus recommendation if we don’t book a hotel closer to the stadium/galleria.

Will let you guys know when I have prices and section numbers from our allotment.

Hope this helps!
I just booked Lodging near the airport. I want to be able to just leave fast on Tuesday. I have a rental car and don't mind driving to stuff. I was in Houston last final four and rented some stuff west of the stadium and it was an easy drive. That time though I drove from Atlanta. This time I'm flying there.

Reaction Score
Everything’s booked.

Flights were ~$600 each round trip from Boston leaving Friday coming back Tuesday. (Layovers both ways)

Got an Airbnb in walking distance to the stadium for around $225 total per person for all 4 nights

Bought tickets in the 300s for all sessions for a little over $600 per person (fees included)

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Have you guys looked at flights into Austin? It's an easy 3 hr drive to/from Houston. I see a lot of round trip, 1-stop options from BDL with short layovers from $450-$665. Choice of Delta, Spirit, United, American. Even more flights out of LGA for under $400.

Reaction Score
Everything’s booked.

Flights were ~$600 each round trip from Boston leaving Friday coming back Tuesday. (Layovers both ways)

Got an Airbnb in walking distance to the stadium for around $225 total per person for all 4 nights

Bought tickets in the 300s for all sessions for a little over $600 per person (fees included)
where did you find that with fees included?

Reaction Score
Where are people staying? I've got a room with my brothers (and father-in-law if Miami wins) at TownePlace Suites IAH on points but willing to move

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I had my hopes on the UConn charter. I had saved up.

Reaction Score
Flying out with my dad, our first trip to the Final Four!! Any suggestions on tickets are much appreciated. !!!
I did this with my Dad 15+ years ago. See if you can find out where the coaches hotel is (National Association of Basketball Coaches NABC) and go there. My father coached high school hoops for 35+ years and got that tip. So we went there and coaches from all levels were there and LOTS of tickets floating around. A D2 coach just gave us tix back then because he wasn’t using them. Not saying that same thing would happen for you but there were a ton of tix there.

Reaction Score

Hope this helps!
Downtown is where the teams are staying. The fan fest and concerts are also downtown so they'll be a ton of activity. Astros opening weekend going on as well. There is also a light rail that goes right to the stadium. If you have the cash it may be worth it

Reaction Score
For those that have attended a final four game played in a football stadium before, how close do you need to be sitting to truly have a somewhat decent view?

Wondering if I just buy the cheapest ticket in the 600’s or spend a little more to be in the 300’s, but not sure what that view would be like.

I’m lucky in the sense that I was already headed to Austin from Saturday-Thursday for months now. However, I’m a fool for booking the 8:45PM flight. Hoping JetBlue will be able to move us to an earlier flight, but not holding my breath. With that said UConn is 1-0 all time when I watch on a plane. That game? The Jalen Adams 80-footer. Let’s go Huskies!!!

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
May be a dumb question, just ordered tickets and see both games listed (FAU And UConn) is that how tickets work? You can attend both games? Or did I just make a mistake…

Reaction Score
May be a dumb question, just ordered tickets and see both games listed (FAU And UConn) is that how tickets work? You can attend both games? Or did I just make a mistake…
Yes it is a one ticket session that covers both games so assuming UConn is second game you will also be able to attend the first game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom