Who is fired first? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who is fired first?

Reaction Score
Fire anyone when they make a judgment call you dont agree with!!!

The school said it was illness related in a public statement so you fire him for trying to protect the healthy kids because he didnt email someone to let them know before the game...

Good luck with defending that termination in court.

Sure he should have notified someone, but its not a financial loss or someones life was in danger.

It's the band director and it literally had no impact on the game. Everyone needs to get over themselves.

Its so easy to see how conspiracy theories are born on the internet...

Reaction Score
The school said it was illness related in a public statement so you fire him for trying to protect the healthy kids because he didnt email someone to let them know before the game...
Read that statement again, the school said no such thing.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score

Sure he should have notified someone, but its not a financial loss or someones life was in danger.

It's the band director and it literally had no impact on the game. Everyone needs to get over themselves.

The difference is the significance of his judgment call. Some calls are more important than others. The two BIG bad calls in this case are 1) not notifying his boss when it looked like the band may be unavailable due to illness and 2) cancelling the band without bringing any other ideas forward. I agree, he should not get fired for these calls; however, if I'm his boss, I' documenting our conversation and putting him on a short leash.

Reaction Score

Looks like he is already gone. The illness thing has been debunked.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Oh look, it’s the Pep Band. Tell your band of wusses to hit the portal. Stop playing Iron Man so much.
Look, it’s zoo being wrong again, and deflecting, again. Resorting to poor comedy reflects poorly on you. Try harder.

Reaction Score
Look, it’s zoo being wrong again, and deflecting, again. Resorting to poor comedy reflects poorly on you. Try harder.

They weren’t there yesterday. That’s all that we need to know. And the school even blasted them for it. Classic Pepband defending the no show.

They should take the rest of the season off. They are pretty mid anyways.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
They weren’t there yesterday. That’s all that we need to know. And the school even blasted them for it. Classic Pepband defending the no show.

They should take the rest of the season off. They are pretty mid anyways.
Not defending anything. I was downright furious about the XL stuff, but the events of yesterday had much more to do with terrible weather forecasting and sickness than anything else. The lack of communication is inexcusable.

We have a great band. They were missed yesterday.

Reaction Score
Not defending anything. I was downright furious about the XL stuff, but the events of yesterday had much more to do with terrible weather forecasting and sickness than anything else. The lack of communication is inexcusable.

We have a great band. They were missed yesterday.

Why wasn’t the Band there? Do tell.

This is D1 football. Not being there in some form is inexcusable. The weather wasn’t even that bad.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Why wasn’t the Band there? Do tell.

This is D1 football. Not being there in some form is inexcusable. The weather wasn’t even that bad.
So now you want info? Pound sand.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
So you have no info. That’s what I thought. Go play Iron Man..
I have reasonable knowledge of what happened. You’re just posting nonsense (again). Somebwody doesn’t wike being cawed wong, poor baby.

Reaction Score
I have reasonable knowledge of what happened. You’re just posting nonsense (again). Somebwody doesn’t wike being cawed wong, poor baby.

Can you please put a reminder on your phone to let your contacts in the band know that there is another game on Saturday? That would be fantastic.

Reaction Score
OC Charlton or the UCMB Director?

For those not following the band fiasco:

Yesterday, he had one of his band members leak on the internet that they were not going to be attending basketball and hockey games at the XL due to state spending cuts…without first consulting with AD David Benedict or anyone else from the Athletic Department.

Then today he unilaterally decided to not allow the UCMB to attend the football game today due to “sickness and other factors” without telling the football program, athletic department, or anyone else at UConn.

So which job posting hits the UConn HR system first? New Band Director or New Football Offensive Coordinator?
No one can be fired at UConn. They are all union employees. If he assaulted a band member and it was on video they MIGHT be able to fire him but not positive

Reaction Score
And I laughed last week when our mascots weren't at the game because they were at a wedding instead.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
What makes you think this administration is willing to invest in football? Not happening. Mora will be here until he quits, which is pretty likely at some point.
Seems like the investment that Colorado made is paying huge dividends. I saw a figure of $90M due to the investment that they made in Deion. Half-ass effort usually yields half-ass results. All in!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom