Who is doing the color for the LIU game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who is doing the color for the LIU game

Reaction Score
Serious question - is there a single announcer out there who actually provides any sort of in depth analysis? Not to sound too Chief-esque here, but it's mostly casual fans tuning in to these games. I'm not sure I've ever heard anything more than a passing sentence or two of actual game analysis from any college bball announcer. I think her doing her homework and knowing a lot of background color put her ahead of 85% of the announcers out there, most of whom sound like they watched some highlights of the teams playing on the flight to the campus that day.
There have been many over the years. Billy Packer before he became full of himself. Bucky Walters was good. Billy Raf and even Dicky V before they became stars. Maybe the trend of color guys providing analysis, as opposed to entertainment, has shifted and I'm just behind in paying attention. Happens to old guys.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Kim Adams...meet the Boneyard:

images

Reaction Score
I liked her spirit and her Pro-UConn bent. The guy was kind of a dweeb though. I remember cliche cringy stuff from him. Actually, it was all rather entertaining.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I liked her spirit and her Pro-UConn bent. The guy was kind of a dweeb though. I remember cliche cringy stuff from him. Actually, it was all rather entertaining.
He was stronger in the first half and she was kind of brutal, canned and banal. I don’t know if it was the improvement of the sound quality in the second half that made her voice less grating and allowed me to listen to her, or if she improved as the game went on, but I thought that she was much better in the second half and several times provided decent analysis that showed synthesis of what she had learned through her homework and what she was seeing on the court.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Serious question - is there a single announcer out there who actually provides any sort of in depth analysis? Not to sound too Chief-esque here, but it's mostly casual fans tuning in to these games. I'm not sure I've ever heard anything more than a passing sentence or two of actual game analysis from any college bball announcer. I think her doing her homework and knowing a lot of background color put her ahead of 85% of the announcers out there, most of whom sound like they watched some highlights of the teams playing on the flight to the campus that day.

She could have said “hot like fire” a lot more

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
yes, yes there is.
clark.kellog.png

'His 51-point game is still an Ohio high school state finals record.'
game knows game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member