Who is doing the color for the LIU game | The Boneyard

Who is doing the color for the LIU game

Reaction Score

Attachments

• 1637195709632.png
    1637195709632.png
    725.1 KB · Views: 474
Reaction Score
Is the TV crew at the Arena? Most likely it's off the monitor.
They just showed them on the sidelines during halftime, so I think they're on site. The production crew is doing them no favors.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Her content was fine. Her energy was a 3 out of 11 and her mic sounded off.

According to early Game Chat members she is awful.

Also, early Game Chat feelings we=as that this UConn team blows.

Avoid the Chat Room.
She made my ears bleed in the first half and I thought her commentary was banal. Second half my audio was much improved and so was she. I thought she was very good.

Reaction Score
She made my ears bleed in the first half and I thought her commentary was banal. Second half my audio was much improved and so was she. I thought she was very good.
Yeah I think they may have tweaked some settings/hardware at halftime.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
they blow. i thought it was an liu undergrad digital project. turned it off.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I didn't like her much at all. Her voice sounds like a 12 year old girl, and she is much too in love with cliches. But she does no more about basketball than most color commentators.

Reaction Score
I liked her. She loves our program and I hope our recruits were paying attention to what she was saying.

Reaction Score
I was not particularly impressed by her. Did she prove that she had done her homework? Absolutely. She was clearly ready with tidbits about everybody and everything. But did she prove that she actually was able to provide an audience with any analysis, as opposed to background info? I didn't think so.

But, to be fair, maybe if the production of the game wasn't so horrific, I would have been more favorably impressed. And, having gone to Scarsdale HIgh School, her being a White Plains Tiger might effect my view of her as well.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I didn't like her much at all. Her voice sounds like a 12 year old girl, and she is much too in love with cliches. But she does no more about basketball than most color commentators.
How does saying she knows more about basketball than most color commentators square with your declaration that she was part of "worst announcing team in the history of televised basketball." A knowledgeable woman's voice bothers you that much?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
How does saying she knows more about basketball than most color commentators square with your declaration that she was part of "worst announcing team in the history of televised basketball." A knowledgeable woman's voice bothers you that much?
The voice, the cliches, the refusal to let the game speak for itself for even a few consecutive seconds.

Reaction Score
Sound quality sucked but she knew her ball. I liked her.

Reaction Score
She’s very good.
is she? Or was it all the love she was showing Uconn?;) All jokes aside i agree. She was pretty sharp on the calls and knowledgeable. Shes no Doris Burke but then again male or female who is?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The voice, the cliches, the refusal to let the game speak for itself for even a few consecutive seconds.
The weird pauses in her sentences as she search for things to say…

Reaction Score
I was not particularly impressed by her. Did she prove that she had done her homework? Absolutely. She was clearly ready with tidbits about everybody and everything. But did she prove that she actually was able to provide an audience with any analysis, as opposed to background info? I didn't think so.

But, to be fair, maybe if the production of the game wasn't so horrific, I would have been more favorably impressed. And, having gone to Scarsdale HIgh School, her being a White Plains Tiger might effect my view of her as well.
Serious question - is there a single announcer out there who actually provides any sort of in depth analysis? Not to sound too Chief-esque here, but it's mostly casual fans tuning in to these games. I'm not sure I've ever heard anything more than a passing sentence or two of actual game analysis from any college bball announcer. I think her doing her homework and knowing a lot of background color put her ahead of 85% of the announcers out there, most of whom sound like they watched some highlights of the teams playing on the flight to the campus that day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom