Who impressed you today? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Who impressed you today?

Reaction Score
Let's not overlook the obvious. I'm not sure KLS has played a better "overall" game in a UCONN uniform. She is on a mission to drag this team across the championship line.
Amazing that you were the first to really comment on KLS, who was overwhelming. She's gotten so good many just seemingly take it for granted.
We need her to take over games in her usual style with scoring in a variety of ways and her passing is outstanding.
The subs played great and hopefully will continue to do so!
Bronx23

Reaction Score
Good question

1. Clearly Lou. She is the best player in the country. She's becoming the ultimate complete player with her strength as that deadly three point weapon. I'd take LOU over AJA every day of the week. Center position is not as important as a wing or guard that is handling the ball anyways.

2. Kyla- Kyla for those that don't get to the games in person is perhaps the most active bench player. She's the loudest, she helps point things out. You see that when she's on the court too. She's a leader. She hit a nice three, a few nice rebounds and put backs. The girl really gets it. I think next year you will see it pay off for her.

3. Genos one handed three from mid court. Saw that clip, from before game?!? Wow.
Love your first two points!
Agree completely Lou is the best player in the country.
Kyla brings so much when she plays but also just her presence, knowledge and leadership of the younger players.
Bronx23

Reaction Score
Not really fair to include the usual cast of characters because they impress most of the time. For me, it was hands down Batouly. She was aggressive, physical and a presence on the boards.
Batouly showed a lot but don't ever take what one has in basketball, and sorry to get profound, in life for granted. Cherish and savor it! Know it can be gone in an unexpected second.
Bronx23

Reaction Score
Julianne Viani. Kept reporting basketball nuances through the second half blowout. [paraphrasing] "UConn drops back into a zone here. Geno wants his kids to get some experience with changing their defenses." Refreshing and informative.

Reaction Score
I like NASTY!!! :D

For 2 years now Uconn has needed to help KIA , who is the only UC nasty. And NASTY is needed under the basket. I liked the way Touly knocked at least one on her bum and pushed a few more left and right. She can score, she can rebound but Uconn needs her NASTY more.

Reaction Score
KLS not even close
At the beginning of the year, Crystal was our most improved player. Her injury has slowed her down a bit.
Now, Katie Lou has been easily our best and most improved player.

Reaction Score
Who made you lean forward in your seat and say....Humm? For me, it was Stevens and Camara. Z made her bunnies today. Usually a source of frustration. Not today. I'd really like to see this carryover to the Tulane game.....and beyond.

Camara showed me a little sump'um sump'um today. I thought she played very well. She made a couple of nice moves on offense to score a couple of buckets. Very happy to see the knee brace gone. She's starting to look more comfortable out there. IMHO, she earned a longer look next game. Even Geno agrees. Here's an excerpt from an article written by the Courant's Mike Anthony - "Camara, formerly at Kentucky, sat out last season per NCAA transfer rules and has missed significant time this season due to knee injuries. On Sunday, she played a season-high 11 minutes, had a season-high eight points and a season-high three rebounds.

She hasn't had a chance to play and she looked good — looked good, felt good, was moving a lot better,” coach Geno Auriemma said. “It's unusual to have somebody sit out a year and then miss a lot of time in practice because of an injury. It just takes forever to get into the swing of things. Like I said about the other guys in the group, I want them to have a little bit of success and I'm glad they did.”

The doctors and trainers have been bringing her along slowly. The brace is off, and it looks like she's been given the green light. Once she settles in, I think Batouly will pay mucho dividends. I look for her to make a huge impact in 2018-2019. I hope to see more of her in their last 3 games. Hopefully she peaked the coach's curiosity and they want to see more during the last 3 games.

She looks really good. She was strong to the basket and fought well underneath.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
KLS not even close
At the beginning of the year, Crystal was our most improved player. Her injury has slowed her down a bit.
Now, Katie Lou has been easily our best and most improved player.

And she is doing this on one bad ankle.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Quite a few great points in this thread, #1 being, it was against a hurt and limited Temple team so, yes they played well, had minimal mental mistakes and seem to have practiced hard that Geno put them in.

Of concern for me as it should be for all of us, BT looked great but we really don't need a big, we need a guard. Crystal Dangerfield's shin splints, Kia's propensity to be put on the top scorer-Durr, Vivians, Wallace etc. will necessitate us to find someone else to rely on similar to last year when we were short in that position. MC needs to continue to show more and show more immediately. Maybe Meg could handle the ball more as her defense has improved so she warrants for playing but she is still more of a wing than a guard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom