OT: - Who here has a tattoo? Any particular meaning behind it? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Who here has a tattoo? Any particular meaning behind it?

Reaction Score
2. Interstate 13 sign on ankle for my group of high school friends whom I'm still close with for the road trip we planned out and never did, and Celtic knot on my arm with all my family's names tied in...along with a 13 (all the males in my family wore it for all sports played)

I've been planning my 3rd for about 15 years now... definitely will be adding more

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
I got my first this past August. My wife and I both got sailor rope ring's and a rising or setting sun (perspective) over water with 3 birds in flight to represent our 3 grown children. I was never a big tattoo guy but now that we are in our 50's I am less prone to getting something I perceived as cool at the time instead of meaningful. We helped design our matching tat's with mine being larger over my heart and hers on the underside of her wrist. No buyers remorse but I'm still getting used to seeing it when I get in or out of the shower.

Reaction Score
1013531_10202652279123190_3985800376834294342_n.jpg

talk about meaningful. lots of room to add more

Reaction Score
My first of a half dozen tattoos is Elvis' TCB logo. That's short for "Taking care of business" for those who are naive to the powers of the King. Among my others is a white oak (Connecticut state tree) with my family's initials in the roots, along with an old-school typewriter because I write for a living. Believe it or not, people actually pay me to do what I do on here for free. Only difference is they're not as tough to please as you folks.

Reaction Score
I got a tattoo of the Tasmanian Devil back in the early '90s. I really wanted Marvin the Martian but couldn't find a picture of him anywhere. Man how we struggled pre-internet!

I thought Taz kind of embodied my personality at the time anyway. There were maybe two other kids in my dorm who had tattoos that the time, and they both had the Greek letters of their frats.

Never got another one, but have been thinking about it recently.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
I have 3 currently, but plan on getting more. I haven't gotten any in about 11 years, because I have a rule for tattoos. If I like the idea/design/location, then I'll sit on it for 6 months. If I still like it, then i'll ink it.

All of mine have meaning. First one is a phrase in Latin related to my military background. Second was on both the instep and outstep of my foot. Just words that remind me a really difficult point in my life and the fact that I came out of it. The last one I designed myself. It's on my right tricep. It's a Roman Legionnaire holding an olive branch and his hand on a sheathed sword. The thought being "search for peace, be ready for war". The outline is in the shape of a shield with an inverse tattoo of the word "virtuoso" on top and on either side of the Legionnaire the words "carpe" and "diem"

Whether or not my kids, or anyone else, one day think they're not cool is irrelevant. They all symbolize one, or multiple, important events or aspects of my life.

Reaction Score
Nice. Corey's work in "License to Drive" alone is tattoo worthy.
Thank you, FatElvis. I want to get another tattoo of the two Corey's but the pain of losing Haim is still too much to bear.

Reaction Score
I love this. She nailed the mother/son parent/child relationship in a sentence. She sounds like a very special lady.
Yeah its all good until they must transfer that over to the Mrs. Been an issue since probably the 1st marriage unless one gets fortunate. My mom was very happy to transfer 'ownership' but there's a little history in my case and she made it one way. For her it was transferring gray hairs. All love!

Mom's are special, enjoy/appreciate her while and if you can.

Reaction Score
I have a unicorn on my right shoulder to honor my deceased wife, (33years old). Besides me and the 4kids unicorns were her favorite things that she used to collect.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Nice. Corey's work in "License to Drive" alone is tattoo worthy.

I loved the father in that movie.

He threatened to take away not just car, allowance etc...he was taking away sunlight!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom