Who Has Been In Charge at UConn for This Decision To Be Made Between Two Presidential Administrations? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who Has Been In Charge at UConn for This Decision To Be Made Between Two Presidential Administrations?

Reaction Score
What major corporation would make a major strategic change that impacts every facet of the business, but have no plan for the division with the; by far, largest financial investment?
John: You are totally right. The internet is filled with strategic plans of college athletic departments. Don't see one from UConn. From what I can see, the current president doesn't leave until August and the new one will take over then. I do not think the current president is around but could be wrong. I am not even sure who is provost -- or UConn's equivalent -- in the absence of the president. It may be an interim. There is also an interim chair of the Board of Trustees in place. Whoever wanted this conference change to take place sure did it at a time when it would limit the opposition and do it behind closed doors.

Reaction Score
John: You are totally right. The internet is filled with strategic plans of college athletic departments. Don't see one from UConn. From what I can see, the current president doesn't leave until August and the new one will take over then. I do not think the current president is around but could be wrong. I am not even sure who is provost -- or UConn's equivalent -- in the absence of the president. It may be an interim, There is also an interim chair of the Board of Trustees in place. Whoever wanted this conference change to take place sure did it a time when it would limit the opposition and do it behind closed doors.
The entire thing is very odd. I wouldn't mind it half as much if there appeared to be an actual, you know, plan. We look like ignoramuses with the entire "but they dont know what they're going to do with football" qualifiers.

Reaction Score

Fascinating soap opera. Neither one of these dudes actually seems to know much about sports,

The money spigot is turned on with full torque and all that matters, really, are votes. Of course they are basically saying what they've been told to say.
The only thing that seriously resonates is... If they can find some way to spark an uptick of butts in seats, perhaps some of those people are going to pull the lever next election. Let the bean counters, and school admins, count the bodies.

Reaction Score
If anyone has concerns about the UConn Board voting too soon or the process used in the decision, here is the email for the interim chairman of the Board of Trustees. tritter@brownrudnick.com

Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday am.

Reaction Score
The way that Edsall is recruiting I have a feeling something is going on behind the scene. At least I hope so.,. I love all UConn teams! I want them all to do well.
Now that I could get completely behind.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Who's in charge here anyway?"

Reaction Score
I’ve been on campus a bit recently and more and more I look at Horsebarn Hill and think “there is enough room for a football stadium and still miles and miles of scenery.”
It would never happen and certainly not without a legit occupant for Rentschler. Think Depot Campus would make a better spot if we're doing hypotheticals. A ton of flatter, already cleared land with buildings ready to come down. Traffic in and out would be far simpler (though still awful getting to and from the area)

Reaction Score
It would never happen and certainly not without a legit occupant for Rentschler. Think Depot Campus would make a better spot if we're doing hypotheticals. A ton of flatter, already cleared land with buildings ready to come down. Traffic in and out would be far simpler (though still awful getting to and from the area)
I bet Central CT would love to do an upgrade to their football program. They could take over the Rent. Their campus may be closer to East Hartford than Storrs is.

Reaction Score
I bet Central CT would love to do an upgrade to their football program. They could take over the Rent. Their campus may be closer to East Hartford than Storrs is.
Even in fun hypotheticals you find a way to be a cynic lol

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Not saying it'll happen now. They should have built a legitimate football stadium in 1989. I love the traffic argument. It's 6 goddman days a year. There are ways around it easily. Shuttles, etc.

Reaction Score
Alas over a month later and a day before Susie’s scheduled departure, what has Inspector Clousseau uncovered?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom