Who Else Has Belted Out A "Tyler Polley" Tonight? | The Boneyard

Who Else Has Belted Out A "Tyler Polley" Tonight?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He was all over the court on offense. Akok has a long way to go to help with offense.

Reaction Score
Dare I say maybe Coach got in his head.. Or possibly Coached or scared the hell out of him..

Well done Polley.. Please don’t let this be a flash

Reaction Score
So impressed with Polly’s double double. He’s proven today that he can be more than a set three-point shooter. I love the energy, the drives and attacking the boards. Wow.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
9 boards and four blocks. Even as a frosh, Akok has learned how to impact game and stay on floor without having to score.
He was decent at setting screens but otherwise stayed planted. No debating his need for defense but the game Polley had on offense demonstrates Akok’s shortcomings. He’s essentially a non contributor on offense.

Reaction Score
Akok didn’t have a good offensive game but he has shown he can contribute on offense. Yes, he has a lot of improvements to make.

Polley seemed to realize how big he is finally. After Carlton and akok, Polley has the most length on the team. Tulane seemed like a bad rebounding team but it was still great to see his aggressiveness on the glass and also with some strong takes
To the hoop. With his length, he needs only one dribble from the perimeter to get to the rim.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Akok didn’t have a good offensive game but he has shown he can contribute on offense. Yes, he has a lot of improvements to make.

Polley seemed to realize how big he is finally. After Carlton and akok, Polley has the most length on the team. Tulane seemed like a bad rebounding team but it was still great to see his aggressiveness on the glass and also with some strong takes
To the hoop. With his length, he needs only one dribble from the perimeter to get to the rim.

He’s big and can actually jump and dribble (some). This was the first time I ever saw him play with energy. He always gets excited when he makes 3s but never looked to do anything else.

So was this in him all the time? Possibly. Makes me think about the other guys and what more they can do as well.

Reaction Score
I did belch out while watching with my son a couple "who is that guy" no doubt?

Not sure what's going to happen but would love to see more of that. I know they were smaller but it hopefully proves to him hanging around on the perimeter isn't all that fun anymore.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He was decent at setting screens but otherwise stayed planted. No debating his need for defense but the game Polley had on offense demonstrates Akok’s shortcomings. He’s essentially a non contributor on offense.

I too noticed how solid Akok was on setting high screens. He doesn't move his feet or swing his hips which is where too many bigs waste 1-2 fouls a game.

Reaction Score
Over/Under next game:

5 points
5 rebounds

I will take the over on points.

I just watched the highlights. Tyler played with purpose. If he can provide that consistently, this team is so much better.

By the way, major props to AG. I thought he played really well last night too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I enjoyed watching Polley last night, but i'm not getting my hopes up. This is exactly the kind of stuff i've been talking about with these kids. It's games like this that fool people.

-They played a lot of zone and constantly got caught overshifting. That plays to Polley's strengths anyway.

-I DID like that he drove to the hoop more than just camping the three - but almost all of those instances were him not being covered.

-They boxed out like crap. I love the effort and energy level, but it's different when there's legit big bodies throwing themselves in the lane at you.

Effort was there and I hope we continue to see all of what we saw last night, it's just I've seen games like this and the follow up is never great. I'm just treading carefully on this one.

Reaction Score
I enjoyed watching Polley last night, but i'm not getting my hopes up. This is exactly the kind of stuff i've been talking about with these kids. It's games like this that fool people.

-They played a lot of zone and constantly got caught overshifting. That plays to Polley's strengths anyway.

-I DID like that he drove to the hoop more than just camping the three - but almost all of those instances were him not being covered.

-They boxed out like crap. I love the effort and energy level, but it's different when there's legit big bodies throwing themselves in the lane at you.

Effort was there and I hope we continue to see all of what we saw last night, it's just I've seen games like this and the follow up is never great. I'm just treading carefully on this one.

They will see the other end of the spectrum in the Shockers, especially on defense. Will be interesting.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
They will see the other end of the spectrum in the Shockers, especially on defense. Will be interesting.

Huskies need to come out aggressive and take the fight to WSU. It's better to give than receive when playing the Shockers.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Whaley has been rebounding and playing with great energy lately. I was surprised he only logged 4 minutes last night.

Reaction Score
Did a lot of yelling JAMES when JB had it in high gear for the first time.Also TYLER many times during the game from behind the UCONN bench.

Reaction Score
Every time he hits a 3, I say " Polley wants a cracker". No idea why.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom