Who Doesn't Love Watching Penn State Lose? | The Boneyard

Who Doesn't Love Watching Penn State Lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
It may only be the beginning of the 4th quarter, but this is just so great. Penn State is such a massive, awful cult. Seeing them lose to an AAC team would be such a treat. This is why I love college football.

Reaction Score
17-10 Temple heading into 4th Qtr. PS 3rd and long just inside their 20. Go Temple!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
24-10 might be too much for PSU to handle. Here's another program that is VERY easy to root against. We all know about the rampant child abuse cover-up, but James Franklin is such a colossal d0uche.

Dooley

Reaction Score
A really bad Penn State team *might* help us land a recruit or two.

A really good Temple team would mean another school will have leapfrogged us on the CR ladder.

Reaction Score
I sure hope PSU is a really, really bad team.
They are not great but this will be a great victory for our conference either way. Temple was a 7 point dog at home and took care of business. It did not look good at the start with PS really hitting hard on D but Temple did not rattle, stayed the course and also had some very good play calling. Of course it is not over yet but to this point a good show for the AAC.

Reaction Score
27 straight points. 7 or8 QB sacks for Temple! Domination since the first qtr.

Reaction Score
A really good Temple team would mean another school will have leapfrogged us on the CR ladder.

That's why it's so hard to get invested in rooting for our new conference mates. Glad Temple is winning, but it's not like the days of rooting for Big East rivals to justify our BCS status.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I never in my lifetime thought ti would be possible to say this...PSU has a worse OL than UCONN. It is horrendous...they look like the UCONN OL from last season.

Temple absolutely owns the LOS. Both sides of the ball but particularly on defense. Men against boys really.

Dooley

Reaction Score
That's why it's so hard to get invested in rooting for our new conference mates. Glad Temple is winning, but it's not like the days of rooting for Big East rivals to justify our BCS status.

I'm with you. I semi-root for conference mates, especially in games like this, but if I have to watch another school (like Memphis last year) leapfrog us on the CR rumor mill, I will throw up.

Reaction Score
If anyone is interested East Carolina is playing Towson on ESPN 3...ECU is up 14-7 but Towson is driving...1st 1/2

Reaction Score
One one of the big difference between college basketball and college football? In hoops the broadcasters get excited when an underdog/non power school pulls an upset. In football? They get emotionless, make excuses, or really start calling out the Power school for losing. That's been pretty much what's going on this whole 2nd half.

Dooley

Reaction Score
The good news about the effects of this Temple game and their CR chances: they're about to beat Penn State for the first time since 1373 and there will only be a couple thousand fans in the stadium to see it end. PSU fans are already heading home.

Reaction Score
One one of the big difference between college basketball and college football? In hoops the broadcasters get excited when an underdog/non power school pulls an upset. In football? They get emotionless, make excuses, or really start calling out the Power school for losing. That's been pretty much what's going on this whole 2nd half.
I disagree..Brock Huard has been giving props to Temple and Matt Ruhle the entire game.

Dooley

Reaction Score

A B1G fan would say this is ESPiN at its finest. But I tend to agree: it will be hard to find any announcing team give any kind of credit or respect to a G5 school when they beat a P5. They're paying out of their arse for P5 content, they don't want to pay more than a nickel for G5 rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom