Who do you want as the next UConn head coach? | The Boneyard

Who do you want as the next UConn head coach?

Who do you want as the next UConn head coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm keeping this realistic, so no Moorhead (multiple sources saying he's out), Tressel (he said he's done coaching), Orlando (he just took the job with Texas), or Les Miles (wants to win a championship not rebuild a program).

EDIT: Two names that wouldn't fit on the poll that I've seen folks mention are Skip Holtz (currently churning out 9-5 seasons at La Tech) and Andrew Breiner (Moorhead's successor at Fordham).

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
From that list, I'll take

Wilder
Houston

{Gap}

Golden

I don't know Lashlee

{Another Gap}

{A stiff drink}
{Another stiff drink}
{A little bit crying}

Edsall

{Another gap}
{Abandoning the program}

TJ

Schiano is a no sale.

Reaction Score
Ideally, I would love to see an OC or offensive minded low level head coach who has had success with more than 1 quarterback.

Reaction Score
Fordham guy carries a little intrigue. Spent some time in storrs as well
Yup, but only one year as a FCS head coach scares the bejesus out of me. At least with TJ we know he can take over a FBS program, figure some stuff out during the course of the year, and put a team that competes (and scores!) out on the field.

If Reimer had 2 more years under his belt I'd be ok. Can't really see Benedict staking his job on him, tho.

Reaction Score
Fordham guy carries a little intrigue. Spent some time in storrs as well

Agreed. I wish i knew that he could recruit in 1A (although i guess thats a question for any D2 coach coming up, and it works sometimes).

I hope he's considered...if he can convince the decision makers that he can do the job here.

Reaction Score
I don't get this love for TJ either. Again. Appreciate his Stepping in after the twins were fired but don't have the TJ love like others do

Hard to gauge. TJ had our only real QB (for 3 games) in the last 15 years. Granted, he won those 3 games...but what can he do with what we have ??? Then again....what can anyone ???

Way more questions than answers right now. I just hope we get the right guy. But its tough, after the string of misses, to have confidence that we will.

Reaction Score
Hard to gauge. TJ had our only real QB (for 3 games) in the last 15 years. Granted, he won those 3 games...but what can he do with what we have ???
If Diaco can win 6 games with Shirreffs, how many could TJ win?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
My choices Les Miles and Moorhead (how could anyone not want Moorhead....) aren't there so I voted for Edsall. Of the others, I could accept Schiano. Don't know enough about the JMU or Auburn guys to say. We can't afford to fail so taking a coordinator without headcoaching experience is a risk we just can't afford to take.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I voted for Golden because he has shown that he can recruit and coach. Temple is where it currently is because of him more than Rhule.

Schiano can recruit but seemed to always underachieve as a coach. Weist showed he can motivate and coach, but can he recruit? I think we really need the next person to be a "can't miss" solid hire. Hiring a young unproven coordinator could be awesome but it could be disastrous (i.e., Diaco). We can't afford a third disaster. Three strikes and we're definitely out...

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I think he is a good option also. Love the Florida ties...and recent Bama experience.
Florida kids don't want to come to CT to freeze. We need a coach with recruiting ties to New Jersey, New York, Ohio and Pennsylvania. That's the sweet spot for our program's future. That could be Schiano.

Reaction Score
NBC 30 just said sources are saying their could be a decision within 48 hours

And the channel 8 sports guys said Jerry Kill was under consideration.
Take it with a grain of salt

Reaction Score
From that list? Al Golden did a great job at Temple and then was flummoxed at Miami, like pretty much everyone has been outside of Richt.

I'd take Golden if he wanted it.

Golden gets a bad rap for his time at Miami. He definitely made mistakes including showing too much loyalty to his D coordinator, but that said he was constantly being undermined by a number of thug alums who hated the fact that he wasn't connected to The U.

Al was never going to get a fair shake there. Nothing short of winning an outrageous amount of games would have saved his job. Under the right conditions he's a good coach. Northeast recruiting connections, high character, program builder. Uconn can do a lot worse.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Jerry Kill is a good coach but not healthy enough to do it.

Why do we think Fleck can't be had? A lot of risk if he goes back to WMU next year - he cashes in for 8 figures if he takes this job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom