Votes: 24 11.3%

• Total voters

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
OK Rico - here you go
anyone and a serviceable BIG

Reaction Score
Ntambwe and Cole or Bones is what i want, & if he’s staying, get Whaley yoked by any means necessary!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Ntambwe and Cole or Bones is what i want, & if he’s staying, get Whaley yoked by any means necessary!

No way I want two guys sitting out. As for Whaley, they need to bulk him up as much as possible. He can board and block shots. If he can hold his ground as well, he will be a nice backup 5.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
No way I want two guys sitting out. As for Whaley, they need to bulk him up as much as possible. He can board and block shots. If he can hold his ground as well, he will be a nice backup 5.
I wouldn't have high hopes if Whaley is our backup 5.

Reaction Score

I'm really not sure why people kill Whaley. He's a bouncy undersized big. He's a pretty good rebounder and plus defender. Ya he's not Emeka Okafor but if he's a big off the bench, he's fine.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Depends really. If he adds 20 pounds of muscle....why not? He was effective late last year. He's super active around the hoop. His offense is a zero, but we don't need much offense from that spot. I'm not saying its ideal, but if we want somebody like Ntambwe and one of the guards, he's the backup 5.

Reaction Score
Depends really. If he adds 20 pounds of muscle....why not? He was effective late last year. He's super active around the hoop. His offense is a zero, but we don't need much offense from that spot. I'm not saying its ideal, but if we want somebody like Ntambwe and one of the guards, he's the backup 5.
If he was 6’11 with his skill set I would be overjoyed with him rather than burning a scholarship but he is listed at 6’8 and rail thin. His upside is a healthy Yakwe. That’s doable as a backup but he requires some significant development to get to that level.

Reaction Score
Ntambwe could be a 1st rounder in two years , he comes in when we are more ready to win. I think gettting NBA talent back is essential to attracting more of it.
That said with the right pieces we could be solid next year so i understand that argument. And maybe Rique departs after next year who knows. Hopefully not!

Reaction Score
If he was 6’11 with his skill set I would be overjoyed with him rather than burning a scholarship but he is listed at 6’8 and rail thin. His upside is a healthy Yakwe. That’s doable as a backup but he requires some significant development to get to that level.
And pray Josh stays healthy

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

I don't disagree, but that may be where we are. I don't see any grad transfer versions of Yawke out there. Any JUCOs that wouldn't be a waste of scholarships in 2020? For young guys, it's just Issanza it seems.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I'm really not sure why people kill Whaley. He's a bouncy undersized big. He's a pretty good rebounder and plus defender. Ya he's not Emeka Okafor but if he's a big off the bench, he's fine.
I'm not killing Whaley. He's a nice kid with some solid height and athletic ability.

I'm just saying that I don't see "Whaley" and "nice backup 5" ever going together. I think it will be difficult to overcome his poor basketball instincts for next season. And by the time he's a senior, he will be very deep on the depth chart.

He wasn't effective late last year. He had one good game in the AAC tournament. And he still fouled out in 10 minutes of playing time that game.

I want him to be a servicable big just as much as everyone else on here. I just don't see it. No disrespect to the dude.

Reaction Score
I'm not killing Whaley. He's a nice kid with some solid height and athletic ability.

I'm just saying that I don't see "Whaley" and "nice backup 5" ever going together. I think it will be difficult to overcome his poor basketball instincts for next season. And by the time he's a senior, he will be very deep on the depth chart.

He wasn't effective late last year. He had one good game in the AAC tournament. And he still fouled out in 10 minutes of playing time that game.

I want him to be a servicable big just as much as everyone else on here. I just don't see it. No disrespect to the dude.
But if it means adding 2 extremely talented players at other positions I'm more than OK with Whaley as a backup 5

Reaction Score
But if it means adding 2 extremely talented players at other positions I'm more than OK with Whaley as a backup 5

Cole & Ntwambe would set us up to be really good in 2020/2021. Like top 25 out of the gate good. I'd take that even if it means a more lackluster roster next year.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I generally agree with that, as long as Carlton is healthy.
But that isn't the argument.

I'm disputing the statements made that Whaley could be a good backup 5, and that he was effective late last season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Cole & Ntwambe would set us up to be really good in 2020/2021. Like top 25 out of the gate good. I'd take that even if it means a more lackluster roster next year.
Yeah that's pretty much the combo I had in mind when writing the post. Even Bones/Ntambwe would have me very excited

Reaction Score
I generally agree with that, as long as Carlton is healthy.
But that isn't the argument.

I'm disputing the statements made that Whaley could be a good backup 5, and that he was effective late last season.
Maybe not good, but he's certainly as good if not better than any option available to us right now

Reaction Score
I like Whaley. But he gets gets pushed around a lot. Unless he can gain 20lbs of muscle this offseason I don't see how he helps us. He fouls a ton and have 0 offense. If we want to be a top 25 team again soon he wont be in the picture. IMO

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom