Who died, Shea? | The Boneyard

Who died, Shea?

Reaction Score
Every time the TV camera shows Shea Ralph, she has a frown that is almost a scowl on her face. It doesn’t matter if we are up by 40 or Dangerfield just threw a beautiful no look pass to Samuelson on a fast break, Shea looks miserable. What gives?

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Every time the TV camera shows Shea Ralph, she has a frown that is almost a scowl on her face. It doesn’t matter if we are up by 40 or Dangerfield just threw a beautiful no look pass to Samuelson on a fast break, Shea looks miserable. What gives?

She's always had that look. Sometimes, I wonder if she was born with no smiling muscles.

Reaction Score
Oh good, I was worried we’d run out of things to complain about

NAN WHY IS YOUR AVATAR ALWAYS FROWNING? WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM??

1549739552623.png

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score

Perhaps she's been taking cues from our more hypercritical doomsayers here on the Boneyard: NOthing to celebrate.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Teething? :p You know, with the kid and all.;)

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Teething? :p

Tsk, tsk! Good, but tsk, tsk. BUT honestly when has Shea , short of the Shea when at the end of a UConn Nat'l Championship Game, done anything but have a brow furrowed like a field about to be planted! I figure she's auditioning.

Reaction Score
She just heard that Gina was going to retire and she was going to be his replacement.:D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Oh good, I was worried we’d run out of things to complain about

Not hardly!! ;) I've noticed that too. I very seldom comment on this type of observation, but, I have to go along with slug25 on this one. Shea wears the same furrowed brow expression regardless of the score or circumstances, but especially when something goes awry. We see CD smile a lot during the game. Even Geno smiles :D once in a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Tsk, tsk! Good, but tsk, tsk. BUT honestly when has Shea , short of the Shea when at the end of a UConn Nat'l Championship Game, done anything but have a brow furrowed like a field about to be planted! I figure she's auditioning.
When she and her Uconn team (including Sveta) won---it was all smiles and shouting
Shea Knows when to have fun and game time is BUSINESS--with Geno (Gina) who expects near perfection and she takes responsibilities seriously--was she an Army brat (82nd Airborne?/Jacksonville, Nc?? to them serious is serious, fun is fun.)

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
The lamentations of Shea

Our Shea has read the boneyard tales
and all the writers' tragic wails:
Recruiting of the past was bad,
the future's looking oh so sad.

The frosh don't play like seniors yet.
Defense is soggy if not wet.
Those triple doubles just won't come,
and Lou has lost her shot, ho hum.

And Geno's living in the past.
With current kids success won't last.

So, what to do when all is down?
What else is left but somber frown?

We won again? It matters not
to each and ev'ry trollish sot
who claims our team is not so hot.

--With apologies to Edwin Arlington Robinson,
Pablo Neruda, and Alexander Pope, none of whom
could hit a three or block a shot.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Does anyone remember Shea’s intensity as a player? I mean coaching is also a game so to me, “she’s bringing it” like she did when she played! :mad:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom