Who are you most impressed with so far in the WNBA? | The Boneyard

Who are you most impressed with so far in the WNBA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Of course Diana - realizing her team was struggling, and that she needed to take the team on her shoulders and not only lead, but score, distribute, rebound, etc. Yet again showing why she's the best player in the world.

Also have to add Maya. As much as I thought she was a great player at UCONN, I wasn't sure if her pro career would be "merely" good, or great. This year she's on fire and has to be one of the early leading candidates for MVP.

But Elena Delle Donne is really standing out as well. Thought she might struggle a bit with the professional game since she was never terribly athletic and wasn't pushed at Delaware as much as she might have been, but she's certainly found a great home in Chicago and is playing really well.

Who else has either been a surprise, or really impressive this year?

HGN

Reaction Score
So far , as a veteran player , I would have to go with PG Ivory Latta of The Washington Mystics. She leads them with a 19.8ppg ; 96% FT ; 4.0 assists; in minutes ; and in successive games she has led them to victory over Chicago Sky ; Minnesota Lynx ; and defending champs, Indiana Fever. And they are off to a 4-1 start.

As far as Rookies go , who could be anything but impressed with EDD.....As veterans go, I will give Angel McCoughtry her props as well.

Of course , Diana T...is the MOST IMPRESSIVE OVERALL player in the WNBA this season thus far.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Prince. I expect big things from her when she returns.

Most improved goes to Glory Johnson. She is averaging right at 19 points and 11 rebounds a game. Very impressive numbers in just her second season.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
When BG returns to full time status I suspect that her numbers will jump. Her numbers are quite good to have had limited playing time the past two games.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The Mystics.
I have to agree - Mystics biggest surprise so far. Also the play of Latta, which Triad mentioned (shortly before throwing up in his mouth)... and also Glory Johnson. Who'd have thought 5-6 games in she'd be outperforming Parker and Catchings??

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Let's not forget our own Tiff Hayes.
I had some doubts of the suitability of her game for the WNBA.
She has put that all to sleep.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I have to agree - Mystics biggest surprise so far. Also the play of Latta, which Triad mentioned (shortly before throwing up in his mouth)... and also Glory Johnson. Who'd have thought 5-6 games in she'd be outperforming Parker and Catchings??

O I don't know - out of that class at tennessee from which Glory came, she was the only one to bring it every game during college. You could see it in her face that she took all those losses personally - she cared about her game and about winning. I admired her for that, and am pleased to see her do well in the WNBA

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
O I don't know - out of that class at tennessee from which Glory came, she was the only one to bring it every game during college. You could see it in her face that she took all those losses personally - she cared about her game and about winning. I admired her for that, and am pleased to see her do well in the WNBA
I don't disagree she was intense in college, but you really thought her 2nd year in the pros she'd be outperforming Parker and Catchings 5-6 games into the season?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I don't disagree she was intense in college, but you really thought her 2nd year in the pros she'd be outperforming Parker and Catchings 5-6 games into the season?

can I think about it a few minutes?

Well, maybe not Catch. Parker turns it on when she feels like it. I was never a fan.

Reaction Score
Let's not forget our own Tiff Hayes.
I had some doubts of the suitability of her game for the WNBA.
She has put that all to sleep.
There aren't any bigger Hayes fans than me, but I think she's got a ways to go before she becomes a starting-caliber player. For one thing, her shooting percentages need to improve big time - she's at 32% from the floor and 16% from 3. Those need to jump to about 42% and 30%, respectively.

On the bright side, Hayes has shown a continued ability to get to the line, something I wasn't sure how it would translate from college to pros. That will be an enormous advantage once her shooting percentages start to get better.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Glory has played a couple more games that Parker so far. The numbers are pretty close. Catchings team has a lot of injuries.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Glory has played a couple more games that Parker so far. The numbers are pretty close. Catchings team has a lot of injuries.
And none of those things change the fact that Johnson is outperforming Catchings and Parker so far.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
And none of those things change the fact that Johnson is outperforming Catchings and Parker so far.
I love what Glory has done so far this year. I also don't expect her to out perform Parker the whole year. We know that Parker can have a monster game on any game.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I love what Glory has done so far this year. I also don't expect her to out perform Parker the whole year. We know that Parker can have a monster game on any game.
And she can take the night off any night too.

Doesn't matter. Taurasi is the best player in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom