Who are these three girls ? | The Boneyard

Who are these three girls ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At tonight's game these three girls and their parents received a lot of attention and CD made a big fuss when she saw them.

Attachments

• IMG_9258.JPG
    IMG_9258.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 478

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
On the left is Lexi Gordon, 2017 W out of Texas
In the middle is Christyn Williams, 2018 G out of Arkansas.
Not sure of the person on the right. Doesn't look like AEH.

Gordon and Williams are big-time recruits.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The third girl could be Lexi Gordon's little sister? She's a class of 2020 player.

Reaction Score
My guess is a group of therapists in the Philippine prison system going by the nick name of The Pointer Sisters. My main and trusted source ;) said film was sent to Geno and Chris and they were amazed at the amount of times the basket ball hoop and back board was displayed. Also impressed by their ability to implement a system getting everyone on the same page, they were invited for a visit. Hopefully they will be jumping for our love in the near future :D.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
On the left is Lexi Gordon, 2017 W out of Texas. In the middle is Christyn Williams, 2018 G out of Arkansas, [both] big-time recruits
The one on the right may be Andra Espinoza-Hunter, now at Blair Academy in NJ. She has committed orally to UConn.

ON EDIT. If the one on the right is Gordon's sister, double the travel expenses (see below) for Gordon{s}.

These are unofficial visits, correct?
It is very possible that these visits are indeed unofficial. If so, it is my understanding that Gordon and Williams had to travel from Arkansas and Texas respectively at their own expense -- including air/ground transportation, meals, and lodging. UConn could not pay anything. Same for Andra, except just a short drive from NJ to Storrs.

Two notable recruits (I'm sure there are others) who made similar long-distance unofficial visits were Maya Moore (from Georgia) and Moriah Jefferson (from Texas). We know how those visits worked out. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The girl on the right could be 2018 Honest Scott-Grayson, 5'11 PG, Blair Acad. NJ. They all look
about the same height. Those three would be a nice haul.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
These are unofficial visits, correct?
I thought the recruits needed to be seniors to take official visits but the rule may have changed? Anyway, it looks like the visits can only take place after the NC championship game in a recruit's junior year.

Link to NCAA recruiting info (.pdf)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If that is indeed Myra Gordon let's hope she had a good experience because she's even more highly thought of than her sister.

Myra Gordon 5’8 Forward Higher Goals (Rising star that can score and defend.)

https://txgirls94ft.wordpress.com/2014/10/03/city-to-city-part-1-dfw/

2020 Myra Gordon of HGEE was impressive. Versatility, skill, and a high basketball IQ are all things that describe Gordon. The long and athletic Gordon uses her athleticism to out run defenders in transition, break down defenders of the dribble, and get easy buckets inside. She plays at a high level inside and outside. I love her game.

http://www.ballnprepgirls.com/?p=4392

Reaction Score
On the left is Lexi Gordon, 2017 W out of Texas
In the middle is Christyn Williams, 2018 G out of Arkansas.
Not sure of the person on the right. Doesn't look like AEH.

Gordon and Williams are big-time recruits.

They couldn't have picked a prettier game than this one to watch. If you don't like the product on the court here, there's no pleasing you.

Reaction Score

I like this, but wondering what Baylor and Texas are thinking? Or the NCAA?

Last edited:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
If that is indeed Myra Gordon let's hope she had a good experience because she's even more highly thought of than her sister.

Myra Gordon 5’8 Forward Higher Goals (Rising star that can score and defend.)

https://txgirls94ft.wordpress.com/2014/10/03/city-to-city-part-1-dfw/

2020 Myra Gordon of HGEE was impressive. Versatility, skill, and a high basketball IQ are all things that describe Gordon. The long and athletic Gordon uses her athleticism to out run defenders in transition, break down defenders of the dribble, and get easy buckets inside. She plays at a high level inside and outside. I love her game.

http://www.ballnprepgirls.com/?p=4392
Does that really say 2020? OMG I'm old.

Reaction Score
It pains me to think that the NCAA might put energy into thinking about two HS girls standing on a college basketball court for a photo, but not have the energy or intellectual capacity to respond to the evils of a college creating fake courses for its athletes year after year after year. Talk about inequity and intellectual dishonesty....:eek:

Reaction Score
Because it was unofficial they visited ESPN and ate at Wendy's. Hope Vandy doesn't find out!!!!!:):):):):)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

I like this, but wondering what Baylor and Texas are thinking? Or the NCAA?

Uconn staff and players are not allowed to knowingly pose with recruits for news outlet still or video cameras or to in any way publicize recruiting visits or discuss recruits with news media members. And they are required to reasonably protect recruits who visit campus from members of the media and team fans/boosters during their stay on campus. They are however allowed to pose for pictures with recruits for the recruits or their friends/family to take pictures. With all the social media available to the recruits those pictures frequently make it on-line. And with the recruits and family/friends allowed to speak to media off campus, and their AAU and HS coaches unconstrained from making comments about either the recruits or the coaches doing the recruiting lots of information does become available.

I am always impressed by those recruits and their families that truly keep their own council. I think it makes for an easier decision process for what is a very important and personal decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom