Who’s your adopted team this year? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who’s your adopted team this year?

Reaction Score
When you root for UConn, it’s nice to have a secondary team to cheer for who is at least moderately successful. Who do you all pull for outside of UConn and why?

I’m pulling for Colorado because I enjoyed seeing them play and they’re a bit of an underdog. Outside of that, I like West Virginia and have always pulled for Notre Dame.

Enjoy your bye week...this is a notch in the win column for all the die hards.
Go Buffs - always my second favorite team!!

Reaction Score
Most of my teams to follow are in Texas. TCU,A&M,Longhorns and SMU. i have been following Army lately though. they just bull you over they have no finesse. Take a whole quarter to score 1 td. they may throw 3 passes a game, but it works.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Big game for coach o later this afternoon

He did well today.

LSU is my second favorite team. Out on the far Western Panhandle is the Mecca of college football fandom. Lots of retirees and transient military personnel make for an eclectic mix. Have of Bama, Auburn , LSU, Florida , FSU as the local Big 5. Plenty of fans of Texas schools, Tenn, Ohio St, Mich and NDU.

On any given weekend I could start at 11am and til 10p going house party to house party watching games.

Reaction Score
I went to school for two years at arkansas.
So yeah, this has been a brutal year.

It continues:
2-11 with only wins against fcs powerhouses uri and eastern illinois

Reaction Score
Clemson. My first CFB experience was visiting a buddy at Clemson and seeing them win a triple OT thriller vs Miami with Chuck Whitehurst at the helm and I have always liked them since. Miss St. because I like Moorhead.

Dabo seems like an alright guy as far as college football coaches go. But I can't get behind anyone rooting for Clemson if for no other reason than that it's infuriating that they essentially have an auto bid to the playoff every year because of how awful the ACC is.

Give me Michigan. They're one of the few teams that still plays old-school football, plus you have the Don Brown connection at DC. I like LSU too, especially with Ed O there.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I grew up going to every Yale home game and some away games. My dad was a huge Yale fan. I became a Harvard and Princeton fan as for the Ivy League, in that order. When we got home, there was always a west coast game on TV, usually USC. I became a huge Trojans fan watching those games. They remain my favorite team. I was born and lived on the Jersey Shore, and Rutgers was my mother's favorite team, so I am also a long suffering Scarlet Knights fan.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
1) U! C! F!
2) Any American Conference team
3) Anyone who beats Notre Dame, Penn State, FSU, Clemson, Duke, and any other team on my hate list.

Reaction Score
Any result that will speed-up the implosion of the farce known as the College Football Playoff and the destruction of the Power 5 allowing for UConn to finally compete again on an equal confernece footing. Say, for example, a undefeated ND team being left out of the playoffs by a pair of 1 loss SEC teams or the XII not getting into the playoffs for a few years in a row.

Reaction Score
Any AAC team that can beat ranked “so called” P5 teams so that when we start beating them consistently in the next few years we get a crack at the New Years games.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Any AAC team that can beat ranked “so called” P5 teams so that when we start beating them consistently in the next few years we get a crack at the New Years games.

AAC has been in New Years Six games (when Boise St isn't). What the AAC needs is one of the two NY6 bowls that are also playoffs.

Reaction Score
I think UCF got totally screwed by the cartel last year.
It is more likely that we can go undefeated than a slot for us opening for the National playoff.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This year seems to be lining up for Notre Dame. Really hoping this is the year that they get leapfrogged by a 1 loss team because 13 > 12 games. Make those spoiled rats join a conference once and for all!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Michigan. I've liked them since the Bo Schembeckler years.

Reaction Score
I keep an eye on all of the New England and northeast teams. BC because of their schedule and the fact that they are a measuring stick for our program. Watched Penn St the last two weeks and caught the SU -Clemson game a few weeks ago.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My normal secondary team is Kansas of course, and they have been surprisingly decent. I'm also usually a Nebraska fan, and they are historically awful.

So my adopted team earlier this season was LSU. Watched them play a superb game against UGA this weekend. That defense is insane.

Reaction Score
Clemson. My first CFB experience was visiting a buddy at Clemson and seeing them win a triple OT thriller vs Miami with Chuck Whitehurst at the helm and I have always liked them since. Miss St. because I like Moorhead.
Last year me and a friend went to see the eclipse in NC, on the way back we're sitting in traffic next to the Clemson team buses. The team was not on board- buses were going to pick them up, but we got into a friendly conversation with one of the drivers as we inched along. Yes the bus drivers get rings just like the players and coaches, although that driver keeps his NC one safe at home and only wears his '13 Orange Bowl ring out. Nice guy- threw us an extra McD's apple pie he didn't want. Clemson has been my #2 since.

Reaction Score
When you root for UConn, it’s nice to have a secondary team to cheer for who is at least moderately successful. Who do you all pull for outside of UConn and why?

I’m pulling for Colorado because I enjoyed seeing them play and they’re a bit of an underdog. Outside of that, I like West Virginia and have always pulled for Notre Dame.

Enjoy your bye week...this is a notch in the win column for all the die hards.
Center College, Danville, Ky

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Ohio State because I live here and my son watches them. It is so hard to watch my Huskies after seeing how they operate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom