Who’s your adopted team this year? | The Boneyard

Who’s your adopted team this year?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
When you root for UConn, it’s nice to have a secondary team to cheer for who is at least moderately successful. Who do you all pull for outside of UConn and why?

I’m pulling for Colorado because I enjoyed seeing them play and they’re a bit of an underdog. Outside of that, I like West Virginia and have always pulled for Notre Dame.

Enjoy your bye week...this is a notch in the win column for all the die hards.

Reaction Score
When you root for UConn, it’s nice to have a secondary team to cheer for who is at least moderately successful. Who do you all pull for outside of UConn and why?

I’m pulling for Colorado because I enjoyed seeing them play and they’re a bit of an underdog. Outside of that, I like West Virginia and have always pulled for Notre Dame.

Enjoy your bye week...this is a notch in the win column for all the die hards.

Don't be so cavalier. We're a toss up at best against the bye week. :(

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
UCLA, something I like about what Chip is doin there and I’m sure it involves corruption lol

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I've always been a Penn State fan. Dad grew up in State College, my grandma lived there until her passing. My grandfather was a professor so they had faculty season tickets in prime seats. I grew up picking one game a year to go to with my dad. Have seen many amazing games and will always have fond memories.

I know many, my wife included, can never cheer for them because of the scandal and I don't blame them. I don't condone what happened and think it was wrong. I don't immortalize Paterno like some. It was a topic never discussed in my family but so be it.

Regardless, I can't abandon my ingrained fandom for Penn St. UConn became my team when I went to UConn. They've stayed my team. But number 2 is Penn State

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When you root for UConn, it’s nice to have a secondary team to cheer for who is at least moderately successful.
I thought this was on the basketball board and I thought "WTF Phil?" but then I realized that it was on the football board and I thought "fair enough."

I follow the American teams, not all that passionately though. I follow Rutgers too, since they are State U for me. It doesn't help.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Buffalo, ND (sometimes), no other teams just yet. Usually just the underdog in any game.

Reaction Score
Brother (UConn '77) got his M.S. at L.S.U. Uncle is a grad of Notre Dame. Cousin (UConn B.S.) got his M.S. at Iowa.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Seems you’re filling your crap quota regardless.

The poo flows like a steady stream in the land o' steady habits.

Reaction Score
Clemson. My first CFB experience was visiting a buddy at Clemson and seeing them win a triple OT thriller vs Miami with Chuck Whitehurst at the helm and I have always liked them since. Miss St. because I like Moorhead.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I grew up a few miles from Berkeley and had season tix most of my young life so I love CAL. for the past 13 years I’ve lived about 5 miles from the University of Nevada so I’m a Wolf Pack fan. Going to watch them play Boise tonight.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
My undergrad was at UConn-Storrs and my master's was at SMU, so I go for the Mustangs (unless they're playing UConn).

I also go for Ohio University (my Dad's school) and the University of Pennsylvania (my grandfather's school).

Reaction Score
The poo flows like a steady stream in the land o' steady habits.

These days it's more like a tsunami.

Hard for me to root for anybody anymore outside of UConn. Even other AAC teams vs. OOC is tongue-in-cheek rooting interest, but on weeekends when UConn isn't playing I will usually tune into one of the AAC games first.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
These days it's more like a tsunami.

Hard for me to root for anybody anymore outside of UConn. Even other AAC teams vs. OOC is tongue-in-cheek rooting interest, but on weeekends when UConn isn't playing I will usually tune into one of the AAC games first.
That's what I do. Watching Temple-Navy right now. Will probably go to Memphis-UCF soon.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I grew up a few miles from Berkeley and had season tix most of my young life so I love CAL. for the past 13 years I’ve lived about 5 miles from the University of Nevada so I’m a Wolf Pack fan. Going to watch them play Boise tonight.

How’s living in Reno?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This will generate boos, but since wife is a double Pitt grad and we live in Pittsburgh, well, you know...

(btw, they're up on the road at #5 ND)

But 2a is whatever AAC team has a remote chance at a NYD bowl or better.

Reaction Score
This will generate boos, but since wife is a double Pitt grad and we live in Pittsburgh, well, you know...

(btw, they're up on the road at #5 ND)

But 2a is whatever AAC team has a remote chance at a NYD bowl or better.

As an aside, the Pitt QB’s name totally throws me off. Kenny Pickett should definitely be from Texas, Mississippi or Alabama. Not New Jersey! Kenny Pickett. I’m a fan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom