Who’s Watching? BEA CEA v. PEE CEE NIT Tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who’s Watching? BEA CEA v. PEE CEE NIT Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Not really, Providence’s best player did not play. If they made the NCAA Tournament he would’ve played.
bc gamed the net by scoring more points than providence. they must be stopped!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Would like to have seen PeeCee play with a full squad.
Regardless, Carter had a great year. Not saying he deserved POY but he could play for my team any day.

Reaction Score
Not really, Providence’s best player did not play. If they made the NCAA Tournament he would’ve played.
So Carter didn’t play because the game meant nothing ? what is this an NCAA bowl game? First I’ve heard of a hoops player sitting out postseason- even tho NIT is garbage, i’m sure the other guys on the team would’ve liked to continue playing. He’s lucky he got big east POY over my man Tristen

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I understand that caveat, but if Carter was capable of playing in a NCAA game then he should have played if his team was playing, or PC should have declined the bid.

I watched, and BC isn’t good. Their best player had foul trouble and wasn't effective against Oduro, who also wasn’t good. PC should still have won, but they played undisciplined and forced bad shots. PC would have been better with Carter, but the rest of the team proved very mediocre tonight.

Reaction Score
I have no issue with Devin Carter not playing. It's not worth risking injury and jeopardizing his first round NBA draft status. In 2015 our own Ryan Boatright didn't play in the home game of the first round of the NIT against Arizona State. If UConn had managed to beat SMU in the AAC finals that year and make the NCAAT then Ryan Boatright definitely would've played. I had no issue with Ryan then and I have no issue with Devin sitting out today.

Reaction Score
I have no issue with Devin Carter not playing. It's not worth risking injury and jeopardizing his first round NBA draft status. In 2015 our own Ryan Boatright didn't play in the home game of the first round of the NIT against Arizona State. If UConn had managed to beat SMU in the AAC finals that year and make the NCAAT then Ryan Boatright definitely would've played. I had no issue with Ryan then and I have no issue with Devin sitting out today.
Boatright said publicly he would have played in the NCAA tournament first round if we made it.

Reaction Score
bc gamed the net by scoring more points than providence. they must be stopped!
Do you think Cincinnati will ever make another tournament in your lifetime?

Reaction Score
Do you think Cincinnati will ever make another tournament in your lifetime?
What are you talking about?? Cincy made the tournament they are capable of this year just like clockwork.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Supposedly injured
After surviving 2-3 injuries per game in Big East play, Carter sits this one out just to shut up the UConn fans who questioned his being voted conference POY by BE coaches, simply because Tristen Newton was voted AP 1st Team All American.

NOW do those UConn fans see how absolutely essential he was to his team?

caw

Reaction Score
That PC/BC game is more a testament of how bad BC was this year. Without Carter Pc is Gtown levels of bad.

Reaction Score
1 seed Seton Hall, who isn't missing any players that I can see, is down 3 to Saint Joseph's at halftime

Addae Wusu is playing well but that's about it. It's pretty obvious Kadary doesn't want to be there..

St Joe's shooting 55% FG and 39% (7-18) from three

Reaction Score
1 seed Seton Hall, who isn't missing any players that I can see, is down 3 to Saint Joseph's at halftime

Addae Wusu is playing well but that's about it. It's pretty obvious Kadary doesn't want to be there..

Might be the camera angle but everyone on Seton hall looks to be playing at half speed. NIT should get some NIL money involved to get players to buy in.

Reaction Score

I saw a tweet that a key guy for St Joe's was sitting out and nobody for Seton Hall was a few mins before tip. I rushed to bet Seton Hall. I figured Sha is super competitive and he'd have them trying to win it all.

I immediately regretted it a second later when I remembered that Kadary Richmond is their best player and there's no way he's going to give a crap in this game.

Reaction Score
Might be the camera angle but everyone on Seton hall looks to be playing at half speed. NIT should get some NIL money involved to get players to buy in.
Camera angle is horrible. I'm not worried about guys on a Shaheen Holloway team being bought in, but Kadary turns it on and off when he chooses. Today he chose off

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Camera angle is horrible. I'm not worried about guys on a Shaheen Holloway team being bought in, but Kadary turns it on and off when he chooses. Today he chose off
He's not scoring much, but with 5 mins left he does have 4 reb, 4 assists and 3 steals, so hard to suggest he's sleepwalking tonight.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall does not play like a team. All one on one. Holloway sucks. St Johns and Providence deserved to be in the NCAA but Seton Hall did not,

Reaction Score
Dawes ties it on a 3 with 30 seconds left, Dre Davis stuffs St Joe's, and we're onto OT!

Reaction Score
DAWES DOES IT AGAIN! Nails a 3 with 50 seconds left to put Seton Hall up 3. Richmond shows some life for the first time all game and gets a block on the other end, and the Pirates move on!

Dawes finished with 26 points, 9 rebounds, and 6 threes. He did not want to go home today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom