Who’s our best player?

• Andre Jackson Jr

• Jordan Hawkins

• Alex Karaban

• Adama Sanogo

• Donovan Clingan

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
I voted for Andre Jackson Jr because he is the closest to team captain and he provides the energy which is more valuable to me than the points he scores.

Reaction Score
I voted for Andre Jackson Jr because he is the closest to team captain and he provides the energy which is more valuable to me than the points he scores.
I wouldn’t even have voted him 5th on that list

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
So Sanogo still squarely ahead of Clingan, which is interesting considering the vocal minority has been loud about starting him over Sanogo. Hawkins has easily taken the lead overall. Jackson probably steals votes earlier in the season, but now he’s fighting for spot 4. Interesting stuff.

Reaction Score
Who would UConn miss the most if that player was out for an extended period? My thought is Sanogo

This is actually a wildly interesting question. But i'm not sure who we could least afford to lose, and who's best are the same player.
It all depends on the backup at the position. Because of Clingan, Sanogo is almost definitely not the answer (depending on fouls of course).
It might actually be Newton or Karaban.

Reaction Score
I took this as who is the best player, regardless of how he fits on this team. I still say Hawkins. Chase is the best player on the Bengals but they need Burrow more.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Who would UConn miss the most if that player was out for an extended period? My thought is Sanogo
That is probably Hawkins. If Alleyne was what we expected then it would be Sanogo. I don’t think Clingan can play more than about 20 minutes. If Johnson was 100% you’d at least have a backup 5 if Sanogo was out.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
So Sanogo still squarely ahead of Clingan, which is interesting considering the vocal minority has been loud about starting him over Sanogo. Hawkins has easily taken the lead overall. Jackson probably steals votes earlier in the season, but now he’s fighting for spot 4. Interesting stuff.
I still think Clingan needs more minutes. The game broke today when he came in. Teams stop trying to go in the paint at all. They go cold shooting jumpers.

Reaction Score
I still think Clingan needs more minutes. The game broke today when he came in. Teams stop trying to go in the paint at all. They go cold shooting jumpers.
There a lot people clinging to Sanogo being the hyped version he was supposed to be. He simply isn’t and DC need more floor time. By purse size and presence he impacts the game favorably unlike Sanogo could ever do.

Reaction Score
Adama sanogo leads the team in scoring at 17 per on a team with scoring options and he also leads the team in rebounds at 8 per. It’s hard to argue against that.

Sanogo is asked to do a lot on the defensive end in hurleys high hedge defense. In the past few games he showed a willingness and ability to pass out of the double team, culminating in todays best passing game for him yet. He and the coaches deserve credit for this development. So much of the offense runs through him.

But more than any of that is how it’s clear that when Adama plays well the team plays well. And when he struggles the team looks so out of sync. Sanogo is the team’s best player and its most important player.

Reaction Score
Adama sanogo leads the team in scoring at 17 per on a team with scoring options and he also leads the team in rebounds at 8 per. It’s hard to argue against that.

Sanogo is asked to do a lot on the defensive end in hurleys high hedge defense. In the past few games he showed a willingness and ability to pass out of the double team, culminating in todays best passing game for him yet. He and the coaches deserve credit for this development. So much of the offense runs through him.

But more than any of that is how it’s clear that when Adama plays well the team plays well. And when he struggles the team looks so out of sync. Sanogo is the team’s best player and its most important player.
His development? His passing and defense has been awful. I wouldn't take much from playing Butler, they're terrible and injured. It's clear Hurley was trying to get Sanogo's game and confidence back on track today but we need to see it against the good teams. He's been getting outplayed in the Big East. We can talk him up after he rights the score against Xavier, Marquette, Providence, St. John's...

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
A lot of the reason we are “better” with Adama on the bench has to do with ball movement, Donovan is better at it. Since we dont have a dribble drive creator that can finish at the rim we need to move the ball and score off screens, slips, and back cuts. The Sanogo back down should be extinct…curious what our efficiency on that is this year.

Reaction Score
If you're honest you can't vote for one in all reality. Different games varying players have more impact than others. The consistent best player? Not sure there is one in all reality hence our recent 5 of 6 run of losses.

For instance yesterday I thought Hawk was the best overall although it was important that Newton became more aggressive and Adama rebounded like a man. But when Hawk make shots and gets to the paint to deliver a solid mid range game he's huge. When he's shooting it well, he plays harder on the other end as well and rebounds better. If not he has been known to disappear.

I don't think we have a best player per se, and that's not a bad thing at all.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
If that's the question it's clearly Karaban.

Best player? Best at what? Question is too generic and our team's talent too diverse to name a single "best" player IMO. It could be Sanogo in a vacuum but his "bestness" is also a liability when other teams focus him, for example.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom