Whitmer Tweet | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Whitmer Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bingo! It's the oldest game in town. Can't believe he's leaving the pitcher in--taking him out.
Oh no, he can't be thinking of taking a three--swish---great play!
Bottom line it's a bit like blackjack. If you take a hit on 16 against a dealer's 4 the table thinks your an idiot until it causes everyone to win the hand. Then it's a "gutsy against the book move".
I'm ok with not calling the TO. The throw into coverage when there were other options is the real problem with the play.

If a person had 16 at a Black Jack table and the dealer had 4 and the player hit on 16 and won.... He would still be an idiot!

Reaction Score
Yale put up over 40 points on the Army defense.

Whitmer put up 21. With a lot of help from Foxx. And a TD drive against a prevent defense.

The offense is not better than it was last year under TJ. That just revisionist history.

Reaction Score

Whitmer put up 21. With a lot of help from Foxx.

Well then it's obvious the problem is Yale got to play with 11 men on the field, while Whitmer apparently played 2 v 11 thanks to help from Foxx.

Otherwise your post should read:

"Yale put up over 40 points on the Army defense.

UConn put up 21."

But that very obvious admission would ruin your "Whitmer is responsible for slavery, the fall of the Roman Empire, the Kennedy assassinations, and the last 3 ice ages" narrative.

Reaction Score

Whitmer put up 21. With a lot of help from Foxx. And a TD drive against a prevent defense.

The offense is not better than it was last year under TJ. That just revisionist history.

We have played 9 games. You are going to tell me that the 0-9 Huskies of 2013 had a better offense than the 2-7 offense of 2014?

We'll see where we are after 12 games. As of this time last year we were still winless.

Reaction Score
It was 2nd down.

Just stick the knife in a little deeper, thanks for pointing that out Duncan :)

onside kick recover, Run, Run, Run, Run....2nd and 3 at the 6.........plenty of time on the clock........PASS? PASSS??????

WHYYYY???????

plat09.jpg

Reaction Score
Team game. Games was lost one compounding mistake at a time. Going down 14, defense not getting off the field, back breaking late score by Army, etc... We were close to pulling out a miracle against all odds. Successful on sides kick - highly improbable. Driving the field on a minute - highly improbable for UConn offense. The, the dice just finally came up snake eyes. We put ourselves in a hole long before CW let that ball go.

Reaction Score
The offense is going to improve next year. I believe Whitmer is having his best year, stat wise/rating wise especially considering what he has been asked to do.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
That pass was the end of Whitmer's career at UConn.

I hope that's not the case.

They may go to Boyle for the "2015 build", but I hope at the very least that the kid will be allowed a "senior night" type of final hurrah...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Is this an assumption or is there some facts behind this? Curious.
I interpreted his tweet to mean the same - though that's far from definitive proof.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I interpreted his tweet to mean the same - though that's far from definitive proof.

Since when do facts and proof matter on the boneyard?

Reaction Score
We have played 9 games. You are going to tell me that the 0-9 Huskies of 2013 had a better offense than the 2-7 offense of 2014?

We'll see where we are after 12 games. As of this time last year we were still winless.
Lame. Notice you cut the last line off my post.

Reaction Score
Palatine said:
Lame. Notice you cut the last line off my post.

Actually I didn't. But that isn't my point. Through the first 5 games of TJ the offense wasn't good. The last 3 were much better. Also because Cochran.

So yes the last 3 games were better offense than this year. I'm saying wait till the season is over.

Reaction Score
That pass was the end of Whitmer's career at UConn.

Based upon my judgement of Diaco, I can't believe he would allow that to happen. I could be wrong but my instincts tell me that he will not allow Whitmer to end his career on that note. I do see Boyle getting more playing time and he should for obvious reasons. My gut tells me that Whitmer will be the starter for the Cincy game with Boyle getting more reps for the final 3 games.

Reaction Score
I agree that Diaco will start Whtimer.

Providing more proof he doesn't get it.

Reaction Score
My guess is that Boyle isn't capable of running the offense Diaco wants, and that next year we see Shirref or Davis start.

Reaction Score
My guess is that Boyle isn't capable of running the offense Diaco wants, and that next year we see Shirref or Davis start.

He has looked as good as Whitmer during his series per game. Once he plays a few series and gets a rhythm, my guess is he will be at least as good.

That is, of course, if Diaco can tear himself away from Whitmer.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
He has looked as good as Whitmer during his series per game. Once he plays a few series and gets a rhythm, my guess is he will be at least as good.

That is, of course, if Diaco can tear himself away from Whitmer.
His stats don't show your analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34