Whitmer Tweet | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Whitmer Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Whitmer did not lose this game. The defensive game plan, or lack of one, did.

Well, something kicked in after the 3rd TD. They contained them much better with a few scheme adjustments.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Horrible throw by CW and he took the blame - it happens. Happened to Ole Miss QB a couple weeks ago. without CW runs and passes this team doesn't even have the chance at the end of the game to win.

Leads team in passing and rushing. Shows leadership and heart. Came out after the 3 rd TD extra point to fist bump his OL. Three Army guys couldn't knock him off his feet on OB run late in game. Heart of a lion.

Reaction Score
Horrible throw by CW and he took the blame - it happens. Happened to Ole Miss QB a couple weeks ago. without CW runs and passes this team doesn't even have the chance at the end of the game to win.

Leads team in passing and rushing. Shows leadership and heart. Came out after the 3 rd TD extra point to fist bump his OL. Three Army guys couldn't knock him off his feet on OB run late in game. Heart of a lion.
Agreed. As we all have seen, his one achilles heel is his propensity for back breaking turnovers at the worst time.

Reaction Score
Man, it's a damn good thing that all of your kids learned to walk and talk and were potty trained at 3 months, otherwise you'd have put them back in the womb. Patience, guys. Everyone's learning.
Learning what? At $1oo,oop plus per game expect the head coach to not be the one who has the most to learn. What exactly did the defense learn playing that scheme against an option running attack, what NOT to do?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's been four years of this crap from this program. Chandler played his ass off today, always does and must have been our leading rusher. Today was not on him. It was on the entire program starting with the coaching staff. You want to root for Chandler because of his heart but that turnover was brutal.

I agree across the board. Whitmer has consistently shown to be a class act off the field. He was abused and misused by the previous staff. As a player, he is what he is.

Reaction Score

I was pretty convinced he'd lead us all the way when two Army guys bounced off him near the goal line on the previous drive and he gave them a lol extra look.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I was pretty convinced he'd lead us all the way when two Army guys bounced off him near the goal line on the previous drive and he gave them a lol extra look.
And a flick of the FB. Thought he might draw the flag!

Reaction Score
And then...a Whitmer.
Give the ball to the ref and get your team on the line ready for the next play. As if a serviceman would have any concern for his bravado.

Reaction Score
Whitmer showed a lot this year coming back and think he has played better and with Cochran gone is the best QB on he roster, but he is what he is a somewhat mobile QB with good but not great arm who makes questionable decisions and forces throws in clutch situations. I was not surprised by him leading us back to 28-21 as he is a gamer but while hoping for a tie and overtime win I was not surprised by the pick at goal line either. At this point now that we are officially not bowl eligible I think it is time to thank the seniors for their service and play young guys. Start the seniors who are starters for first series or two out of respect and if game in balance late in game but primarily play the guys who will be here next year so they can get more experience and see how they handle game situations. Only diehards will be at games or watching the rest of the year and sure most would rather see the future on the field as well the rest of the way.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Whitmer didn't lose the game, sure. But man, that guy just has a knack for throwing absolutely back-breaking interceptions at the absolute wrong time. He played hard, as he always does. I have no problem with his heart, energy, effort, or leadership abilities. The TD throw on 4th down to cut the lead to 28-21 was beautifully thrown. His scrambles on the final drive were chain movers. But holy , we needed a throw 20 rows deep into the cadet section in the worst way on that busted play. Still plenty of time and a few downs to work with to tie the game. No need to force a throw, against his body, into heavy coverage that tight.

But yeah, our defense looked absolutely lost out there. And I do agree with Nelson - why we had 2 safeties 15 yards off the line of scrimmage was anyone's guess. Looked like we were playing Cover 2 against a run option offense. Army ripped off 5-8 yard gains on first down more often than not. If we had kept them at 2nd and long a few more times, we can have put some pressure on them to make plays. Mind boggling.

And that was a fumble. Jhavon Williams stripped that ball as their ball carrier was still fighting for extra yards. No whistles from the officials. 99 times out of 100 that is called a fumble. But because we're UCONN and were 2-6, we don't get that call. Give Army credit - they capitalized on that break and scored.

Reaction Score
There's sure plenty of blame to go round but damn...that fumble call was mind boggling. Also plenty of headscratchers on spots and a play very early on where it looked as though Bradley had a big catch ruled out of bounds.

Reaction Score
There's sure plenty of blame to go round but damn...that fumble call was mind boggling. Also plenty of headscratchers on spots and a play very early on where it looked as though Bradley had a big catch ruled out of bounds.
I agree with the fumble. Many other run plays if they blew the whistle as quickly as they did on the apparent strip, there would have been more plays blown dead due to forward progression stopped. Terrible call there indeed. Bradley was out of bounds unfortunately, very close though. I agree with some spots as well.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The last meaningful play call was awful and preceded by an epic meltdown in clock management. You are at the 3 yd line with a minute left and a time out. LIne up wide and blow the undersized defense out the back of the end zone.

CW is the last person on the roster to take blame for yesterday's loss. At times he looked like the only FB player out there. The defense should be embarrassed that they were outsmarted the way they were. The coaches should be embarrassed for not correcting the problem. The officials should be embarrassed for affecting a game in which they didn't have much else to do. And the Army fans should be embarrassed for not showing up in force. The underwhelming attendance number is completely on them.

Reaction Score
I agree with the fumble. Many other run plays if they blew the whistle as quickly as they did on the apparent strip, there would have been more plays blown dead due to forward progression stopped. Terrible call there indeed. Bradley was out of bounds unfortunately, very close though. I agree with some spots as well.
Yeah to my eye live it looked like he had it but obviously there wasn't a replay. I'm not too surprised to hear he was out. There was one play late were Army was at 3rd and 3 and Santiago ran into the back of his line for what looked like nothing but they got the first without even a measure.

Reaction Score
Yeah to my eye live it looked like he had it but obviously there wasn't a replay. I'm not too surprised to hear he was out. There was one play late were Army was at 3rd and 3 and Santiago ran into the back of his line for what looked like nothing but they got the first without even a measure.
I noticed this as well. I remember one play on the goal line as well, Santiago appeared to get stopped and somehow was given the TD call. I believe it was there 4th qtr TD to go up 28-14. It is what it is. A couple tough calls, close plays and back breaking TO's result in another tough loss.

Reaction Score
Well, something kicked in after the 3rd TD. They contained them much better with a few scheme adjustments.

Scheme adjustments? It looked to me (and the announcers) that we played better after HCBD got in their faces and demanded they make plays. But am I missing something because I thought army scored on its last possession.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I hate that tweet, and that tweet more than anything else shows that Diaco is completely unready to be head coach. Whitmer is Whitmer, and he is not the reason UConn lost. The only person who should be tweeting "it's my fault" is Diaco, who thinks that a 2 Deep is how you defend the option.
Strawman.

Reaction Score
As the Army player ran down the field I was off the couch walking around yelling "Throw it away!" at the top of my lungs three times. I had absolutely no control at all. Chandler has played too much football to not know that at that time he had plenty of time and plays to go. Either that or the coaches aren't emphasizing situational football enough. That bad moment in UConn football history should not have happened.

Reaction Score
Whitmer is a terrible QB. I could list all his liabilities but we all know them.

He is also a warrior, nice guy, came back, solid citizen, feel free to add any positive adjective you like. I accept all of that.

But there are a lot of those folks at UConn and we don't let them play QB. And they shouldn't. And neither should Whitmer.

The question is why does Diaco keep putting him in there and let him fail again and again?

Reaction Score
Whitmer is a terrible QB. I could list all his liabilities but we all know them.

He is also a warrior, nice guy, came back, solid citizen, feel free to add any positive adjective you like. I accept all of that.

But there are a lot of those folks at UConn and we don't let them play QB. And they shouldn't. And neither should Whitmer.

The question is why does Diaco keep putting him in there and let him fail again and again?
Because we have no one else more capable. Our future QB is not on the roster this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom