Whitmer Supporters | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Whitmer Supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you guys think Whitmer is the problem with this offense you don't know $#17 about football.

Whitmer struggled, yes. He missed a few wide open guys. He also made some plays with his feet. The long pass too McQuillan wasn't his fault. McQuillan, BTW, dropped another first down pass today. McQuillan stopped his route and that's why the ball looked overthrown.

But this o-line still can't pass protect or run block. Whitmer has to get better, but so do the guys around him.

And...

44%, 0 TDs, 8 INTs. I've seen Boyle, if the coaches play him I'll root for him, but there is zero reason to think this team will be any better with him at QB.

A few open receivers? I don't care if he made plays with his feet we need him to hit the open receivers that he missed ALL game.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
The o-line wasn't perfect, but that wasn't the issue. there's going to be sacks or tackle fore loss in any game no matter how great the team is. If Whitmer was clicking and would of gave open receivers the chance to catch the ball and make a play I don't think we would of been talking about the performance of the o-line. This would of been a different game stat and point wise if it wasn't for Whitmer.
The run game versus SB certainly did not evoke memories of Todman or Caulley.

Reaction Score
Whitmer showed today what he showed last year against Towson. That's it. That's all there is. If you want no opportunity to have a winning season. Whitmer's the guy.

If you want to give up on 2014 and hope next year is better than Whitmer is the guy.

But he will absolutely empty the stadium.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Whitmer has to hit those passes at least one time. He moves well in the pocket but is inaccurate which is a killer.

I want UCONN to win and if that means Boyle gives them the best chance, then he should play

Reaction Score
The run game versus SB certainly did not evoke memories of Todman or Caulley.

I agree with you on the run blocking point, but every time I seen Whitmer throw the ball I couldn't believe how bad he was missing open receivers, just a bad performance by Whitmer all game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If you guys think Whitmer is the problem with this offense you don't know $#17 about football.

Whitmer struggled, yes. He missed a few wide open guys. He also made some plays with his feet. The long pass too McQuillan wasn't his fault. McQuillan, BTW, dropped another first down pass today. McQuillan stopped his route and that's why the ball looked overthrown.

Whitmer was awful, but the WR's outside of Davis didn't help him out. What is it with guys quitting on routes? The SB guys made a couple of plays. Our guys just showed up.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I have seen Whitmer's body of work. If you think it will get better there is no evidence to support that belief.
Who is saying Whitmer will get better?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Whitmer is not the answer. Happy feet, lacks general composure and he cant throw accurately. His running ability is marginal. The Stony Brook QB looked like a pro in comparison.

Reaction Score
Whitmer has to hit those passes at least one time. He moves well in the pocket but is inaccurate which is a killer.

I want UCONN to win and if that means Boyle gives them the best chance, then he should play

I disagree, one of CWs worst flaws is his inability to move well in the pocket. He has little pocket presence.

Reaction Score
Both Chandler and Whitmer were bad today. Missed a ton of open WR's.

What was irritating was listening to Diaco and Whitmer after the game. Whitmer said he had fun and Diaco was not even phased that we beat Stony brook by 3. We stunk. Fox saved the game.

If I were the coach I would have flipped out.

Reaction Score

But this o-line still can't pass protect or run block. Whitmer has to get better, but so do the guys around him.

And...

44%, 0 TDs, 8 INTs. I've seen Boyle, if the coaches play him I'll root for him, but there is zero reason to think this team will be any better with him at QB.

OL MUST play better. They need to 'get a mean on'... so far, as a unit, unacceptable...

Reaction Score
I'm done. You've gone full in defense of your position and everyone knows you never go full . WE know nothing about football???? Done with you.
Oh no. My life is over. How will I go on. Please don't quit on me. I need you. You complete me. Darkness envelops me. Blackness. Only blackness.

If Boyle comes in I hope he lights it up.

But long term he, and the team, are best served by him redshirting to put a year between him and Cochran. You are unwilling to accept or unable to understand that.

If the team is gonna suck, let it suck with a senior rather than burning a redshirt again on a crappy team.

The run game looked great btw, and our guys don't drop any passes, so we have that going for us.

Reaction Score
And...

Will it be worse? Guide those of us who know nothing all knowing Wing. For someone who knows so much it's surprising that you don't understand the basic concept that football is a game of inches. Whither over threw 3 scores by a few feet.

Reaction Score
Oh no. My life is over. How will I go on. Please don't quit on me. I need you. You complete me. Darkness envelops me. Blackness. Only blackness.

But long term he, and the team, are best served by him redshirting to put a year between him and Cochran. You are unwilling to accept or unable to understand that.

If the team is gonna suck, let it suck with a senior rather than burning a redshirt again on a crappy team.

The run game looked great btw, and our guys don't drop any passes, so we have that going for us.

One. Obnoxious would be the understatement of the decade when describing you as a poster. Fragile maybe?

Two. We've said all along that it comes down to whether or not Casey will play again but you've probably missed that because you like to hear yourself talk.

Reaction Score

When a team loses, and they're trying to build a program into relevancy, actually nobody's safe. We're in that kinda spot in Storrs CT. It's next man up. It's hard watching us "rebuild", but you can't beat in game experience bro. This team isn't built to wait and develop at QB. It's a harsh reality because we have to show and prove NOW in order to get the P5 conference love.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

And...

Seriously? Those who think overthrowing open receiver after open receiver don't know $ hit about football? You have completely lost your mind. If he hits those passes, the running game improves, pass rush slows and UCONN wins by 21. But he did t and SBU didn't have to worry about deep coverage and was able to attack the QB and stuff the running game.

Reaction Score
red shirt magenta shirt, who cares/future is now/throw whole roster into fray

new coach is a recruiter; his strong shirt, i mean suit

if they have to worry about current 3rd string qb being available in 2017 the prog is joke

just maybe a real qb is being eyed by new coach

Reaction Score
One. Obnoxious would be the understatement of the decade when describing you as a poster. Fragile maybe?

Two. We've said all along that it comes down to whether or not Casey will play again but you've probably missed that because you like to hear yourself talk.

One. You tell me you're done with me as if I'm supposed to care. Self-absorbed maybe? Then you continue to address me. Your anger is making you irrational.

Two. Of course we did. When did I suggest otherwise?

I really like how you actually address the points I made.

Like the dropped passes, and guys quitting on their routes. That wouldn't make a ball look overthrown though. And yeah, the blocking and rushing. Fantastic right?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seriously? Those who think overthrowing open receiver after open receiver don't know $ hit about football? You have completely lost your mind. If he hits those passes, the running game improves, pass rush slows and UCONN wins by 21. But he did t and SBU didn't have to worry about deep coverage and was able to attack the QB and stuff the running game.

That's not what I said.

If you want to address what i said, let me know.
Will it be worse? Guide those of us who know nothing all knowing Wing. For someone who knows so much it's surprising that you don't understand the basic concept that football is a game of inches. Whither over threw 3 scores by a few feet.

I don't know if it will or won't. But Boyle didn't show anything to make us think it would be better.

You refuse to address the point about redshirting him for the future.

McQuillan quit on one of those, he slowed his route right when the ball was being thrown.

Reaction Score
When a team loses, and they're trying to build a program into relevancy, actually nobody's safe. We're in that kinda spot in Storrs CT. It's next man up. It's hard watching us "rebuild", but you can't beat in game experience bro. This team isn't built to wait and develop at QB. It's a harsh reality because we have to show and prove NOW in order to get the P5 conference love.

Read what Boyle said about using this year to redshirt.

I was surprised to see Johnson in. We now have three freshman RBs getting PT

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
That's not what I said.

If you want to address what i said, let me know.

I don't know if it will or won't. But Boyle didn't show anything to make us think it would be better.

You refuse to address the point about redshirting him for the future.

McQuillan quit on one of those, he slowed his route right when the ball was being thrown.

I did address what you said - that Whitmer isn't the problem, the OL is. The OL'S job is significantly harder as a result of his ability to throw over the top. The OL gave him a ton of opportunities to a me plays today and he didnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom