whiteout mojo..... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

whiteout mojo.....

Reaction Score
I was there and I’m confused by this. The crowd hit 90 decibels on 3 different occasions tonight. I know this because the Apple Watch alerts you when it’s too loud for an extended period of time. To put that in context, I saw TOOL at the TD Garden on Thursday. It was the loudest show I’ve ever seen, it only hit 95 decibels and my insides were shaking. Maybe it wasn’t the loudest Gampel crowd ever but I’ll take that any day. Especially coming off a dreadful loss.
My beef is not with the volume or exuberance during the loud moments. Those were pretty good. It's in between those moments that I felt the crowd could have been more participatory. Except for the students, there was not very much noise on defense unless we were in the midst of a run.

Reaction Score
I just get aggravated when I'm screaming, cheering, generally coming unhinged, no matter who we play and people turn around and give me a look like I'm insane. Uhhhhh I'm being a fan and you're at a basketball game. Happens to me at XL and Gampel.
I get told to sit down after standing and cheering after a good play boggles my mind why are people there if they don’t get into the game

Reaction Score
I was at a bar, in Florida, with no volume on the tv because the Dolphins game was on so I could not hear the crowd.

I thought it was cool that Seth Greenbeeg was in the crowd and kids looked into the game and had a good bit of enthusiasm. I was happy to see white from courtside to the roof in the student section and mostly a full arena. I thought this place would have zero empty seats but whatever.

The student section looked good without audio and the team looked fired up for sure. All in all for me it was a great game to watch and congrats to our boys and crowd for making it happen.

Let's go Huskies!
Crowd sounded good on tv, but there was one hilarious moment when they checked in with Greenberg in the crowd. It was probably halfway through the 2nd half and Greenberg asked the students around him "what are you guys going to do to get your huskies back into this game?" and the students obviously didn't get the cue to cheer so there was crickets. Then he asked again and they figured it out, but it was a funny awkward moment

Reaction Score
Not at all, most non students weren’t wearing white.
Not shocked. Our fan base, even the students, has always generally sucked with this kind of thing unless a free shirt is shoved into their seat

Btw, what section were you in today?
My apartment in San Diego

lol so you’re one of those

Reaction Score
Not at all, most non students weren’t wearing white. Btw, what section were you in today?
Not true, I was actually really surprised that most people were wearing white. The school gave less then a week notice and only online yet I’d say a good 70% had on white. Really good showing from the fans.
0302841A-0B3A-4C5E-BDFA-A0F8B24965EB.jpeg

Reaction Score
Not true, I was actually really surprised that most people were wearing white. The school gave less then a week notice and only online yet I’d say a good 70% had on white. Really good showing from the fans.
View attachment 48207

It was a good showing, but most people went to the co-op to buy something white to wear as a lot of people didn’t know about it (I saw it in an email while driving up to campus).

Reaction Score
Florida head coach was quoted saying "place was going nuts," and "great environment" in his post-game presser.

Even the walk back to the parking lots last night, the fans had an extra hop in their step. One guy screaming that orange is the worst color in the the rainbow. Hopefully going nuts in and out of the building will happen frequently.

Reaction Score
Funny shirt. Re: the Fishy accusation... I met John in 2003 - and he is a witty, sarcastic, well-written guy - who cost me a keyboard I laughed so hard but.. he is not Napheesa or Robert Parish. The chief is a basketball beast. Although I have never met this person - I do know who it is - and they know a lot about this game - of which most of us are merely just fans. Pay attention - and you'll learn something. Hurley was the right choice... the fan base will soon begin to see that. Go Huskies!!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I get told to sit down after standing and cheering after a good play boggles my mind why are people there if they don’t get into the game

Lol, same thing happened to me. I got asked if I was going to sit down during UConn’s 9-0 first half run. I said “I don’t sit during big games” and continued standing and cheering until the final buzzer.

Then I sat down on the couch in my girlfriend’s house where we were watching the game.

Reaction Score
I just get aggravated when I'm screaming, cheering, generally coming unhinged, no matter who we play and people turn around and give me a look like I'm insane. Uhhhhh I'm being a fan and you're at a basketball game. Happens to me at XL and Gampel.

we were in the lower section and this happened to us continuously...it was outrageous! we are playing a top 15 team and we cant stand during big moments...sheesh!

Reaction Score
Not at all, most non students weren’t wearing white. Btw, what section were you in today?
I couldn’t use my tickets which I bought on Stub Hub. I wouldn’t have known this was a thing for today’s game. So I’m not sure how the non-students would have KNOWN...

Reaction Score

Were you in Section 107? I saw the same thing happen to two guys there. I don't understand why anyone gets upset at the people who are actually on their feet supporting the team.

Reaction Score
Were you in Section 107? I saw the same thing happen to two guys there. I don't understand why anyone gets upset at the people who are actually on their feet supporting the team.

this was us….people behind us were super lame…if you don't want to feel the excitement and get the team going then stay on the couch next time

Reaction Score

Move to Section 222. That section was up and down cheering the whole game. I've never been in section that loud in my life like yesterday. It was an honor being there. I know its further away from the court and I don't have season tickets, but many in that section do.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Custom t-shirts is taking like-whoring to a whole 'nother level.

Chief has nothing on you. This is like meta-Chiefin'.
Please. @August_West could teach master's classes on like-whoring. He's just embracing technology and staying ahead of the curve. Don't hate the player...

Reaction Score
what was up with the handful of people leaving during Vital's free throw shots at the end? The game was still very much up in the air. Florida could of easily come down and nail a 3 to send it into overtime.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom