whiteout mojo..... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

whiteout mojo.....

Reaction Score
Crowd was good but the full thrust of the fan base isn’t back yet. I suspect we will see vintage UConn crowds sometime next season. They will be crowds not heard heard since 2011.

2014? The MSG crowd?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I have to say I was extremely disappointed by the crowd tonight. Student section was decent, but the rest of the crowd, for the most part, was crickets. I guess we are just going to have to deal with this until we get closer to where we want to be, but it is frustrating in the mean time.

Reaction Score
I have to say I was extremely disappointed by the crowd tonight. Student section was decent, but the rest of the crowd, for the most part, was crickets. I guess we are just going to have to deal with this until we get closer to where we want to be, but it is frustrating in the mean time.
Are you sure you went to Gampel for the game? I don’t even remember the last time I went to a game that was that loud at Gampel/XL. Last time I heard a crowd so loud for a UConn game was Elite Eight 2014.

Reaction Score
I guess I should clarify the standard by which I made my criticism. I was at almost every home game from '03-'04 to '09-'10. Most conference games and most major conference OOC games were earth shaking. The whole game, not just when we were on a run. Tonight, the crowd had its moments, but the majority of the game was quiet. Most non-students sat 90+ percent of the game.

Don't get me wrong. This crowd was the best I've seen in a while. But it was nothing compared to the good old days.

Reaction Score
I was there and the crowd was loud. Idk what it sounded like in tv though. I know I was fired up and everyone around me was in section 220.
I was in 210, and that section was pretty good actually. The arena as a whole (minus the student section) was quite lackluster for most of the game though. But I do acknowledge that when we got loud, we got really loud.

Reaction Score
Crowd was great. Its hard to compare crowds from games years apart but it was everything you'd expect and hope for for a Gampel game against a top 25 team

Reaction Score
Why is it so hard to just wear a white shirt? 352 schools can pull this off, UConn fans get all upset about it.

Just wear white. It isnt hard. Good lord.
I bought a new shirt on sale at Target yesterday. Not hard at all

Reaction Score
I was at a bar, in Florida, with no volume on the tv because the Dolphins game was on so I could not hear the crowd.

I thought it was cool that Seth Greenbeeg was in the crowd and kids looked into the game and had a good bit of enthusiasm. I was happy to see white from courtside to the roof in the student section and mostly a full arena. I thought this place would have zero empty seats but whatever.

The student section looked good without audio and the team looked fired up for sure. All in all for me it was a great game to watch and congrats to our boys and crowd for making it happen.

Let's go Huskies!

Reaction Score
I was at a bar, in Florida, with no volume on the tv because the Dolphins game was on so I could not hear the crowd.

I thought it was cool that Seth Greenbeeg was in the crowd and kids looked into the game and had a good bit of enthusiasm. I was happy to see white from courtside to the roof in the student section and mostly a full arena. I thought this place would have zero empty seats but whatever.

The student section looked good without audio and the team looked fired up for sure. All in all for me it was a great game to watch and congrats to our boys and crowd for making it happen.

Let's go Huskies!

Reaction Score

The Guy Fieri fat head was a pleasure to see in the stands. The camera zoom I saw of Seth was not as cool as that pic. I remember thinking, damn, Seth is having some serious fun right now!

Reaction Score

I was there and I’m confused by this. The crowd hit 90 decibels on 3 different occasions tonight. I know this because the Apple Watch alerts you when it’s too loud for an extended period of time. To put that in context, I saw TOOL at the TD Garden on Thursday. It was the loudest show I’ve ever seen, it only hit 95 decibels and my insides were shaking. Maybe it wasn’t the loudest Gampel crowd ever but I’ll take that any day. Especially coming off a dreadful loss.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Guy Fieri fat head was a pleasure to see in the stands. The camera zoom I saw of Seth was not as cool as that pic. I remember thinking, damn, Seth is having some serious fun right now!
Saw Karl and Seth in the Student Union food court at about 1pm. Had a quick chat with them pretty cool.

Reaction Score
H
I’m wearing grey, was at Teds last few hours. Don’t need white to show my UConn pride!
haha I was at Teds also. Wearing grey...it’s whatever.
Why is it so hard to just wear a white shirt? 352 schools can pull this off, UConn fans get all upset about it.

Just wear white. It isnt hard. Good lord.

I have plenty of clothes that are white, but I don’t have much just white UConn gear. Usually when there are white outs by the school they give out white t-shirts, our athletic dept didn’t do that.

Reaction Score
Congrats to @UConnMike04 on wearing grey to every game the rest of the season

I dont make the rules.
Honestly walking around campus most people were wearing grey or blue. They handed out white towels and we grabbed some of them but a lot of the crowd wasn’t in white.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom