Which UConn Player Do You Wish You Had Seen Live | The Boneyard

Which UConn Player Do You Wish You Had Seen Live

Reaction Score
Happy Super Bowl Sunday! I was thinking about UConn players I wish I had seen live and decided to ask other Boneyarders the same question. For me, it’s Art Quimby. At 6’5”, three straight seasons averaging over 20 rebounds per game. In 1954-55, he averaged 23.2 points and 24.4 rebounds per game. Was anybody on the BY alive to see this incredible performance?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I've seen most of them beginning with Tony Hansen (he played for Holy Cross in WTBY)

Bob Staak and Toby Kimball and Wes B--------ski I suppose would be my top 3

Reaction Score
Happy Super Bowl Sunday! I was thinking about UConn players I wish I had seen live and decided to ask other Boneyarders the same question. For me, it’s Art Quimby. At 6’5”, three straight seasons averaging over 20 rebounds per game. In 1954-55, he averaged 23.2 points and 24.4 rebounds per game. Was anybody on the BY alive to see this incredible performance?
Emeka. Caron. I was living in VA and GA that period.

Reaction Score
Caron Butler, just I could sheer for him. One of my favorites of all time.

Reaction Score
Lucky enough to see Wonderful Wes, Tony Kimball, Bill Holowaty, Bill Corley, Tom Penders in the old field house and all their great players thru the years.
Also got to visit with the current team this past week in Stamford. Bleeding Blue for sure.

Reaction Score
Wes Bialosuknia, the Poukeepsie Popper. Missed him by a couple years. My freshman year (1968-69) the Huskies were 5-19, believe it or not, in the second (and final) season of Burr Carlson. (The legendary Dee Rowe followed, and the trajectory has been mostly up ever since.) Bob Staak, mentioned previously, was a sophomore that season. His career was pre-three point shots. Wherever he ended up among all-time scorers, you could probably add at least 25-30% to his point total. He could really shoot from the outside. Last guy cut by the Pittsburgh Pipers of the old ABA, if I remember correctly.

Reaction Score
It would be Ray Allen. I only saw Him live once at Uconn and once at a Pro-Am. He was more athletic than Stix or Caron. His superior shooting trumps his other skills.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Lucky enough to see Wonderful Wes, Tony Kimball, Bill Holowaty, Bill Corley, Tom Penders in the old field house and all their great players thru the years.
Also got to visit with the current team this past week in Stamford. Bleeding Blue for sure.
Same as to all of the above, and also remembering PJ Curran, Ron Hrubala, Ed Slomcenski, Spider Hesford. They were my first live sports heroes.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think Sticks.
An enigma, but someone whose game was electric.
I was olenty old enough during his time but I was living away from CT and never had the chance.

Reaction Score
Dove.

I was just three years old during his only season at UConn and everything I’ve heard/read about him was that his game was transcendent.
Transcendent is the perfect word, but it was actually three seasons.

1707687767923.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom