which two teams would you add to the BE? also have to drop two teams | The Boneyard

which two teams would you add to the BE? also have to drop two teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Focus is on BE

Add KU and UNC
drop depaul and cinny

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
For hoops I would want to add Xavier and drop Depaul. Not sure which other team to drop but I would also like to add Illinois for both football and basketball to keep access to the Illinois market lost by losing Depaul.

Reaction Score
I think Providence should be dropped. They add nothing to the conference. Cinncinatti has football, plus they are pretty good in hoops. No way should they be dropped.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The conference needs a few weak teams, but I would drop DePaul and Seton Hall.

I want Providence for the NE rivalry. I want USF and Cinci for football.

I would love to add Kansas, K state and either BC or Maryland. This would solidify football and make a basketball super duper conference.

But there is no way the Catholic schools will allow this hiving.

I would love to remove Notre Dame. I hate their arrangement. But they give the BE national exposure that makes up for my sour grapes.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Okay, add UNC and Duke and drop DePaul and Seton Hall.

Reaction Score
I think Providence should be dropped. They add nothing to the conference. Cinncinatti has football, plus they are pretty good in hoops. No way should they be dropped.
If PC is eventually dropped, we should probably continue to schedule them. I wouldn't want to be responsible for taking away their only benchmark for a successful season (the opportunity to play and beat us), thus driving the Friar hardcore to extended bouts of mutual and self-flagellation. Hell, I'd support allowing them to post to TOB so that they might hang to some scrap of relevence while plying Roger Williams in some 4th-rate conference.

Reaction Score
Get rid of Providence. Their basketball program sucks, and the rest of their athletic programs are even worse if you can believe it

Reaction Score
- pc
- shu
- depaul
- marquette

+KU
+KSU
+Mizzou
+UNC
+Duke
+NCSU
+MD

removes three deadweight bball schools plus marquette is too far out of the way and while a solid program, milwaukee isn't worth much. adds some good football programs to solidify the league and creates an absurdly good basketball league.

Reaction Score
Add:
Maryland
Temple (hoops only, would be a good competitor in the Big East, I feel)

Drop:
DePaul (blech! why are they in the Big East?)
Providence (I've said this before, but ship their *** to the Atlantic 10)

Willing to keep:
Cincy (great for all sports in the BE, and usually a tough team, no matter what sport)

Reaction Score
Yea im surprised Cincy was even mentioned...Ya gotta drop teams that don't offer anything in the major sports. Depaul is the obvious first choice, and as much of a joke Providence is i'd vote for SHU to get the boot.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Oh yeah, don't get me started on TCU...that is one of the worst schools we could have added. It just makes no sense on so many levels, not the least being geography. Maybe we can add Hawaii...

Reaction Score
Oh yeah, don't get me started on TCU...that is one of the worst schools we could have added. It just makes no sense on so many levels, not the least being geography. Maybe we can add Hawaii...

Might as well, throw in Alaska-Anchorage

Maybe we should take a look at University of Toronto? :) (not sarcasm)

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I think a 12 team FB conference and a 16 team bball conference could work on all fronts. Dropping teams like PC, Depaul, Rutgers, Cincy, Marquette and adding ND to football, Kansas, Mizzou, KState and Maryland would be a dream. Keep Nova, GT, St Johns, and Seton Hall (original member over Marquette better team) for a dynamite BBall conference and all would be well. (Not sure on the exact numbers for FB, but I think I have it right.)

Reaction Score

These discussions have to be viewed through the prism of football.

Reaction Score
No one is being dropped or deserves to be dropped. The BB schools need to be separated en masse and right soon. Given the OU, OSU, UT, TTU situation, it is probable that we may have the opportunity to add several Big 12 teams very shortly or some other similar scenario might occur as well. Who knows for sure. Football drives the bus totally and this ridiculous hybrid conference needs to restructure to a minimum 12 team all sports conference with possibly KU, KSU and ?. As much as I love hoops it is almost irrelevant to what will be taking place very soon with conference realignment and thinking basketball with conference realignment is meaningless

Reaction Score
Without changing the number of teams, for starters, add ND football by default (this is all hypothetical) swap usf for Florida proper. Drop depaul and Marquette for geographical reasons (tcu not even considered) and replace them with indiana and Penn state or Ohio state .....also I guess you swap 2 non footballs for BC (ugh) and MD geographically....and villanova football up while where at it.....
Football: cincinnati, villanova, ND, Indiana,Penn or better yet Ohio state, Md, BC, Uconn, Florida, su, Pitt, wvu, rut, Louisville.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Can you take Baylor? We may need a new home....
Nice football win against TCU!
I'm getting the impression Baylor's conference situation is not looking great. Could you give us insight why? I would think that they would appear more attractive to some conference if the B12(10)(9?) implodes because they are experiencing an uptick in their sports. But what do I know.

Reaction Score
Baylor will probably get snatched up by the Mountain West. I think it's possible the MW can become an AQ conference one day, anyway.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
How about just drop DePaul, Rutgers and Seton hall? We have more than enough good teams already, and those three are currently relevant in neither football nor basketball. With TCU we'd have 14 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom