Which teams make the 2024 WNBA Finals? | The Boneyard

Which teams make the 2024 WNBA Finals?

Which teams make the 2024 WNBA Finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
ESPN have their predictions here but which teams do you think make the 2024 WNBA Finals?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m casting my vote by who I hope goes to the finals

Reaction Score
Can the Liberty get past the Aces now that CG is back in form? I was critical of the Liberty perimeter defense early in the season. But it has improved, though still not lockdown. Feibich in the rotation is a good addition. It is an intriguing matchup now and should be close. The last game against the Dream was telling in that Feibich started over Sloot.

The return to form of Chelsea Gray makes the Aces whole but there seems to be something missing still. The Storm managed to stay in the game until crunch time in the 4Q with the Storm undermanned - Magbegor absent in Game 1 and not shape for Game 2. On the other hand, it was also a test for the Aces going through an opponent paying stronger than the Dream. It is not easy to predict but,

All things considered, if Ionescu keeps it up, I take the Liberty to reach the Final.

Now that Mabrey seems to have integrated well with her teammates, the Sun is not an easy opponent. Both team play good defense but I give the edge to the Lynx.

So, Liberty vs Lynx.

In both SF and F, the play of JJones will be important for their defense for her to cover, since Stewie switches and roves.

Reaction Score
Both teams favored to advance in the poll lost Game 1.

A home team (Lynx) that loses Game 1 in a best of 5 WNBA Semi-Final series has a 4-2 record.

An away team (Aces) that loses Game 1 in a best of 5 WNBA Semi-Final series has a 2-8 record.

WNBA Playoff Results.jpg

Reaction Score
Liberty in and Lynx ahead in closing minutes of first half. Trending Liberty-Lynx but not yet assured. Still expecting Lynx to close it out on their home court.

The Sun hasn't given up....tied at 61 deep in the 3rd....Oops, Sun up by 10 with 2 minutes to go in the 4th. Looks like a decider back in CT coming up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Although I was happy to see improved defense overall and especially perimeter defense from the Liberty, I was surprised how they took it up a notch in this close out game. Bodes well for their chances in the final because both Lynx and Sun have good defenses.

I am strongly leaning to a first Liberty championship. Fiebich replacing Sloot in the starting 5 is working but Sloot coming off the bench has stabilized the play when the bench comes in and, Sloot is not so tired when left in for crunch time. Good moves by the coach.

Reaction Score
Although I was happy to see improved defense overall and especially perimeter defense from the Liberty, I was surprised how they took it up a notch in this close out game. Bodes well for their chances in the final because both Lynx and Sun have good defenses.

I am strongly leaning to a first Liberty championship. Fiebich replacing Sloot in the starting 5 is working but Sloot coming off the bench has stabilized the play when the bench comes in and, Sloot is not so tired when left in for crunch time. Good moves by the coach.
Fiebich's length gives other teams problems on offense and defense. A good 3 pt shooter, and quick enough on defense to bother guards. Young, Plum, and Gray had a lot of trouble getting good looks against the Liberty size.
Fiebich also gives the Liberty another rebounder.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom