Which program do you think is most jealous | The Boneyard

Which program do you think is most jealous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
of us? I don't hate Syracuse as much as a lot of you do (for one thing they are completely unthreatening) but there's no denying there has to be some envy on their part. I am thankful not to know many G'Town and Nova fans, however there's gotta be some resentment there as well. Outside the old BE, I would think some of the storied classics which have fallen on hard times (like Indiana) would be not far behind as well. I admit this is a pretty obnoxious thread-starter, but schadenfreude works for me :)

pj

Reaction Score
Familiarity breeds contempt. Providence.

Reaction Score
We don't notice them any more, but St. John's is up there. They fancied themselves one of the nation's elite and we left them in the dust. They still try to convince themselves that winning the NIT during WWII is basically the same thing as a national title. Or using the all-time wins chart.

But it kills them that we went where they never could.

Reaction Score
Cuse. Don't think Nova or Gtown fans are particularly jealous. Cuse fans like to say we are not their rivals as if that somehow minimizes how our NCCs effect them but you know it does big time. Combine those championships with their dismal performance in the tourney and you have the source of the hate.
I like JB but no coach has done less with more in college basketball. The zone is part of it but talented players just don't develop the way they should under JB and his system. They get good recruits every year, Cuse fans get their hopes up (even print early season tee shirts) but before they know what hit them Saint Louise of the Hills knocks them out of the tourney.

Reaction Score
chap.jpg

Reaction Score
I have lived all over the United States but have finally settled down in Louisville Kentucky( going on five years). I've got to tell you, Uconn is absolutely hated here with a passion. I've twice been able to run through the streets of Louisville screaming u. C. O. N. N ..uconn uconn uconn! ! My backyard is filled with championship banners and uconn grill covers. My dog has a uconn collar and six days a week I wear my uconn gear proudly. My bathroom is filled with uconn player autographs, every sports illustrated from our four championships

Reaction Score
I see only one mention of BC here..... Everyone knows that Syracuse is quite jealous of us ... They won it all with Carmelo in '03 and we were at same level - 1 NC each..... then we won it the next year and have blown by them.... who would think that Jim Boeheim and Kevin Ollie would be tied at 1 NC each?!!!

But BC, man oh man..... had a reputation as a sports factory..... and now everyone wants them on their schedule..... cause it is pretty much a guaranteed win..... in hoops OR football..... yes Jerry York has done a superb job with the hockey program, but what about the money sports? And what about the level of jealousy felt by them toward us? It borders on paranoia.... not wanting to give up any geography in the northeast..... so we have just ignored them and kept on winning

It is crazy to look at the I 95 corridor from Boston to Washington..... not a single top flight football team anywhere.... we are seeking to change that.....

Reaction Score
I'd say no one. Being in the AAC doesn't make other teams jealous. Not sure why we're being so high class here.

Reaction Score
Cuse for sure. Going on that board is entering bizarre o world. I think our success has made them totally crazy. They are so confused. PC of course, being in such close proximity and seeing and living our success close up really has their panties in a bunch. Except for a few those fan bases are in thetwilight zone.

Reaction Score
We know are current lot with the AAC but the constant put down's suck.

Reaction Score
Besides all of them, I see 2, cuse and bcu. They can't best us on the court, on the field or in recruiting, so they do their best behind closed doors. They vote against trying to get us to die. Some day we are going to beat them at hockey. It could take 5, 10 or 30 years, but that day will come. They not only hate us, they are afraid of us. If the fans of Michigan or odu had their mindset, they would never play each other's. What cowards.

Reaction Score
UNC. Saint Dean Smith has been kicked to curb by Calhoun and Ollie looks like he may do it soon. They hate that.

Reaction Score
The ncaa basketball world is our urinal, we piss on anyone, anywhere and anytime we want to

Reaction Score
Pretty much every school with less than 4 National Championships is jealous of us….and yes that includes Kansas.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UNC. Saint Dean Smith has been kicked to curb by Calhoun and Ollie looks like he may do it soon. They hate that.
Nah, they love us down there. We stopped Dook twice and Kentucky twice. If you are wearing UConn gear in Chapel Hill, I'm pretty sure you won't need to buy your own beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom