Which conference will have the best Winning Percentage in the NCAAT | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Which conference will have the best Winning Percentage in the NCAAT

Which P6 Conference will have the best winning percentage when the tournament ends?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
For what it worth, her efficiency is not good so you can call what you want but Hailey is not worthy of 1st, 2nd or 3rd team consideration from an All-America perspective. For that matter neither was Zia Cooke but at least her team won the regular season and Conference Tournament titles (and is the #1 team) whereas Louisville hasn’t even been ranked in the top 25since week 4 (14 weeks ago or 3.5 months) and finished tied for 4th in her conference. If anyone has a right to complain it is Jordan Horston whose stats are far superior to both Van Lith and Cooke.
All this does not mean Van Lith is not a very good basketball player, she is, she just isn’t as “elite” as she thinks she is.
Okay, fair enough. I'm probably guilty of conflating a bunch of different things. I've seen a number of posts about her having an attitude problem, and just not being that good. Don't even know which posters. I think she's getting an unfair rap, but that's just my opinion.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Okay, fair enough. I'm probably guilty of conflating a bunch of different things. I've seen a number of posts about her having an attitude problem, and just not being that good. Don't even know which posters. I think she's getting an unfair rap, but that's just my opinion.
Hey on the bright side your UW Huskies are doing well in the WNIT....

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Hey on the bright side your UW Huskies are doing well in the WNIT....
I've streamed both games. They have stretches of looking quite good, and in the same game long periods of looking awful. A very Jekyll and Hyde team if there ever was one.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Ok, my math has SEC with 11-3 (SC/LSU/TN/Ole Miss each have 2-0, MSU has 2-1, GA has 1-1, AL was 0-1). Where is the 12th @UcMiami ?

SEC 11-3 leads the way with .786 with 4 teams left
ACC 10-4 is 2nd with .714 with 4 teams left
Big 10 and PAC12 both 8-4 are .667 with 3 teams left each
Big East is 5-3 and .625 with 2 teams left
Big 12 is 3-6 and .333 all teams eliminated

For Friday, Louisville is favored over Ole Miss by 4.5, Nova -3.5 over Miami, LSU -3.5 over Utah, Iowa -5.5 over Colorado
For Saturday, UConn -7.5 over tOSU, Maryland -1.5 over ND, SC -13.5 over UCLA and the surprise Tennesse -.5 over Va Tech

SEC is favored in 3 games
Big East in 2 games
Big 10 in 2 games
ACC in 1 game
PAC12 is not favored in any games
Yes - you are right. I must have double counted a round of 64 win. Knew I couldn't do it all without an error that late at night! :)

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Yeah, tried to make it clear I was just going for another well known player I’d put in roughly the same category. Fwiw, Mackenzie Holmes wasn’t an AA as a junior either
Of course she didn't -- she missed about half the season due to injury! lmao

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Lol either you didn’t watch the game or you’re one of the hyperpartisans I’m talking about. That was not an eight point game. It was less than two possessions throughout.
Well, I watched every minute of the game. I don't think I'm a hyper partisan but I've talked to hyper partisans and haven't yet met one who agrees there hyper partisan so that's a call for someone else to make.

I just double checked again cast and agree that through much of the game the margin was no more than two possessions. But two possessions is, at the risk of being obvious, one more than one possession, and the stats suggests that home court is worth slightly less than one possession. It was only a single possession margin with 2:19 to go But it was more than a single possession when Georgia called a timeout with 47 seconds to go And it was a three possession game (seven points) from 5:04 to 4:17, so even if we around 2.7 up to three, the argument that this result is due to home-court advantage just isn't borne out by facts.

As for "That was not an eight point game", I simply stated the fact that the final margin was eight points. Do you disagree?

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Are you an Iowa and Indiana fan? If so what do you do when they play each other.
Sorry, I'm just now seeing this post! I'm from Iowa originally, have attended both UI (University of Iowa) and IU (Indiana University), and live now in Indiana. Iowa will always be my #1 team but Indiana has become my fond #2. It's fun to root for two teams that have different styles of play because it helps you appreciate the many ways to approach the game of basketball.

It is a bit awkward when they play each other, mainly because Caitlin Clark is fantastic at at making opposing fans hate her lolol. Back in the Gustafson years my sense was that Iowa was more likable, and fans around the Big Ten were happy to root for literally any team that could beat Maryland. But the increased national press that Clark has brought has put a larger target on Iowa's back.

Indiana is still salty that Iowa beat them 3 times in the 2022 season and mostly chalked it up to Holmes being less than 100%, which isn't unfair IMO. So they were happy to feel like they were finally the better team this season. Overall they were... but Clark got the last word with her buzzer beater in Iowa City. :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Using the player efficiency stat, it's not even close. Van Lith is so overrated and her ceiling this year is lucky to be an Honorable Mention AA player. Holmes on the other hand was worthy of 1st consideration. Holmes elevated her team higher as well. Van Lith was not good in 3 point shooting nor FG% plus her assists per game were atrocious.
Here's the stats to prove my point.

View attachment 85462
Holmes was every bit a 1st team AA, amazing player. Hailey Van Lith? No way. Check her stats out vs SC last year in the FF.

Reaction Score
Holmes was every bit a 1st team AA, amazing player. Hailey Van Lith? No way. Check her stats out vs SC last year in the FF.
I saw that Louisville FF game from beginning to end.

Reaction Score
I saw that Louisville FF game from beginning to end.
Yeah…good stuff. She faced a real defense and was a no factor. What was her shooting numbers? I remember they were horrible but can’t recall actual numbers. She couldn’t get a clean shot off, and could not create one either.

Reaction Score
I'm not catching your point. I agree that Georgia choked, I agree that they committed some technical fouls that led to points. Your implicit point is that Georgia wouldn't choke and wouldn't commit intentional fouls on a neutral court. Why?
imma go out on a limb and say the 119 decibels which contributed to the unforced turnovers would not have been directed at Georgia's players on their own or a neutral court.

Please don't play dumb. It's unbecoming.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Yeah, tried to make it clear I was just going for another well known player I’d put in roughly the same category. Fwiw, Mackenzie Holmes wasn’t an AA as a junior either
Holmes would have been if not for injury. She was putting up great numbers and had Indiana top 5 before she went out for a month and a half and she wasn’t the same player when she returned.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Looks like it will be the SEC. Records through the first four rounds. SEC 15-5. ACC 14-7. Big 10 12-6 Pac 12 9-7 Big East 5-5, and the Big 12 3-5. The SEC is at .750 while the ACC and Big 10 are at .667

Reaction Score
Looks like it will be the SEC. Records through the first four rounds. SEC 15-5. ACC 14-7. Big 10 12-6 Pac 12 9-7 Big East 5-5, and the Big 12 3-5. The SEC is at .750 while the ACC and Big 10 are at .667.
It isn't set it stone yet. If South Carolina and LSU both lose in the final four, both the SEC and ACC records will be at 15-7 with Va. Tech still having the national championship to play. It's still pretty close and can be won by those three conferences depending on the outcome of the next two rounds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom