Which Conference if only for M&WBB? | The Boneyard

Which Conference if only for M&WBB?

Reaction Score
Let’s assume that you could choose any conference but only for UConn basketball. No share of any football TV moneys.

Stay in BE or go?

Where?

Reaction Score
Stay in the Big East. However, joining a P5 for bb only would offer an almost certain path to full membership once we are winning football games.

Reaction Score
ACC supposedly looking at Washington.... Wrong Huskies and wrong ocean.

Reaction Score
Stay in the Big East. However, joining a P5 for bb only would offer an almost certain path to full membership once we are winning football games.
Winning doesn’t matter. Football Attendance and eyeballs would be what gets you in.

Now, if you became a bb only member at first, a lot of the teams in the conference would start scheduling you in football - at least at their place.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For the purposes of your hypothetical, are each of the conferences paying us an identical amount?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If money is equal and there are no future membership change on the horizon? ACC, major historical rivals, plus legitimate blue bloods and schools who UConn has more similarities with (large state institutions)

Given the current reality of money differences and likelihood of future chaos? The first to offer of Big XII or ACC (obviously in the highly unlikely scenario of an offer from the SEC or Big Ten, you go), if both offered at the absolute same time, the Big XII if only for the perceived stability.

If none of that happens and no one offers? The Big East, if you're not in one of the power conferences, then UConn has the best possible outcome for its program right now.

Reaction Score
lol what

take off your football blinders and reread the question
Vote had nothing to do with "football Blinders".
UConn men playing Kansas trumps any of the Catholic 7 (even Nova) & the Women playing Baylor as a conference mate would be the second coming of the OBE Husky-Notre Dame rival

Reaction Score
UConn men playing Kansas trumps any of the Catholic 7 (even Nova) & the Women playing Baylor as a conference mate would be the second coming of the OBE Husky-Notre Dame rival

That game would garner national attention multiple times a year.

The ACC is just kind of tired and washed out.

I have positive feelings about the current Big East. But the Big 12 will get us more.

Reaction Score
Well if we stay in the NOOB we can become the Gonzaga of the east maybe.

But here’s another question…if only for w volleyball, which conference is best? Forget about basketball. Let’s pretend we don’t have those sports.

Reaction Score
Well if we stay in the NOOB we can become the Gonzaga of the east maybe.

But here’s another question…if only for w volleyball, which conference is best? Forget about basketball. Let’s pretend we don’t have those sports.

?

Gonzaga should try to be the UConn of the west.

Reaction Score
You would pick that over getting to play Duke, UNC, Virginia, Pitt, Syracuse? Give me the ACC. Geographically and basketball wise it makes the most sense, but unfortunately common sense is at the very bottom of the list when it comes to conference realignment with these schools.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You would pick that over getting to play Duke, UNC, Virginia, Pitt, Syracuse? Give me the ACC. Geographically and basketball wise it makes the most sense, but unfortunately common sense is at the very bottom of the list when it comes to conference realignment with these schools.
I’ll give you geography but Kansas, Arizona, Baylor, Houston, OSU, Iowa State, WV and Cinci makes it a slight lean for the B12 for me.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
The B12 is the best basketball conference in the country so I'll go with that one, especially if they were to add us, Arizona, and Arizona State.

Reaction Score
I can't see why anyone would answer anything other than the ACC: Syracuse, Pitt, Duke, UNC, Miami, Virginia, NC State, Louisville, Notre Dame. That's 9 teams -- BE doesn't rival that. And Syracuse & Pitt were our 2 biggest rivals in the BE, yes over PC and Villanova. You can only make an argument for St Johns being in the mix with Cuse and Pitt.

How is this not a no-brainer?

Reaction Score
B12 is best for WBB. For Men’s bball, either would be fine, but MSG tourney gives NBE the edge.

That said, I am all in for the B12.

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
B12, ACC, and if we're gonna be paid the same as those conferences (we wont) Big East

Reaction Score
B12 is best for WBB. For Men’s bball, either would be fine, but MSG tourney gives NBE the edge.

That said, I am all in for the B12.
Big 12 is better for wbb? Did you watch them any this past season? The conference was pretty horrible.

Baylor is not Kim Mulkey’s Baylor anymore. Texas and Oklahoma are leaving. Did the newcomers bring good wbb programs?

Notre Dame, Louisville. NC state, VaTech, UNC, Duke all look much better than Big 12 programs at this time not to mention competitive Miami and FSU.

Okay, I have great respect for the Iowa State wbb fans. Kansas could “rebound” this year with a healthy Ayoka Lee and Colorado MIGHT prove to be better than their history. No gun traveling to their mile high court (Without skis)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom