Which Big East City Has the Best Food? | The Boneyard

Which Big East City Has the Best Food?

Reaction Score

>10. UConn: UConn Dairy Bar -> A lot of people will try to lump in New Haven pizza with UConn and just call it a Connecticut thing. I’m not falling for that trick. When you really get into Storrs, there’s not a lot to go on other than the UConn Dairy Bar. People seem to love that place. I probably would love it too, by the way, but if all you can offer me is ice cream, you’re in the same territory as Seton Hall. I need a famous meal specific to Storrs, and from what I’ve read and heard, there aren’t a ton of options.<

Reaction Score
idc if there's no strong history between Georgetown and maryland crab and oysters, in no world can you put that meal behind some regional fast food chain in nebraska

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Lol at Storrs, CT being above Chicago. Great article, glad I spent the time.

Willington Pizza, Blaze, Kathmandu kitchen FTW!

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Also give me Dairy Bar ice cream over freaking saltwater taffy’s all day? Dumb article

Reaction Score
idc if there's no strong history between Georgetown and maryland crab and oysters, in no world can you put that meal behind some regional fast food chain in nebraska
It’s crab and shrimp!

Reaction Score
Skyline chili.

Holy lol
Had it once while driving through Cincinnati. The waitress put a bib on me and gave me a heaping plate 5 way. What could go wrong? I love chili, cheese, spaghetti...

The spaghetti was overcooked mush which I could overlook if the chili wasn't so disgusting. Who the hell wants cinnamon chili?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Yep, Chicago has the worst food out of any Big East city...cool list.

Looks like they're just going with "signature" dishes of each city.

So if you don't like deep dish pizza...

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Ridiculous.

The signature dish of South Orange NJ is salt water taffy?

Ive already blasted this nutcase on twitter DM.

I didn't say they were accurate.

Reaction Score
The list blows...isn't the signature dish from Storrs the scallops and ranch pie from Geno's?

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score

>10. UConn: UConn Dairy Bar -> A lot of people will try to lump in New Haven pizza with UConn and just call it a Connecticut thing. I’m not falling for that trick. When you really get into Storrs, there’s not a lot to go on other than the UConn Dairy Bar. People seem to love that place. I probably would love it too, by the way, but if all you can offer me is ice cream, you’re in the same territory as Seton Hall. I need a famous meal specific to Storrs, and from what I’ve read and heard, there aren’t a ton of options.<

NY > DC > Chicago > Philly > everybody else.

IDK where the Storrs v Providence v Milwaukee portion of the argument shakes out, but, seriously......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom