Where will terry be | The Boneyard

Where will terry be

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
saw this mentioned in another thread and it scared me.

One of the few things that comforts me in these awful times is at least the thought that larrier and Adams will be back next year, as there is no way either would be drafted right now. No way in hell.

But then someone noted that this is larriers 4th year of college, no way he doesn’t graduate by th end of this summer. Has he given anyone the least bit sense that he gives of a muck about UConn or KO? For the life of me I can’t see him here next year (grad transfer obviously). Does anyone here sense differently?

Also - for my random thought, can someone tell me why David onurah isn’t the last guy off the bench? Why oh why short of this being the 7th OT vs Cuse does this guy get on the floor... his ceiling is what he is right now. Why has he played a minute this year????

Reaction Score
Terry is gone regardless. Hes made it clear on social media.

Jalen may go. Might depend on if ollie is back and if he just wants some $$$

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
This reminds me of the story when Ralph Kiner demanded a raise and threatened to sit out the season if he didn't get one.

Branch Rickey said "We finished in last place with you, I'm sured we can do the same without you".

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He'll be playing in the G League. I'd put odds at north of 80%. Jmo

Reaction Score
I'm past the idea of either of those guys getting better with another year at Uconn. If we get the same players back next year what's the point?

Reaction Score
One week of backup in the NBA and Larrier is hospitalized.

Reaction Score
If UConn brings in a new coach next year, they will probably have to try and pitch having one year with “someone who will actually develop them” or something along those lines. I agree that Adams is more likely to stay than Larrier, who always has said this is his last year.

Reaction Score
I'm past the idea of either of those guys getting better with another year at Uconn. If we get the same players back next year what's the point?

Well if these guys, at their ages can't get better no matter what it's on them. Now if KO and the staff can't develop the young bigs, Polley then that's one thing. Larrier is 22 or whatever he's on his own dime developing and should be a bigger factor in games than he is. Is it possible we expected too much of him? Oh and Adams, say what you want about KO's coaching I get it, but he's not coaching to help him regress in one year yet he is and again, 2 plus years in most is on him. Kids need to think less of themselves and work harder, on the court, practice time and on their bodies. Not taking KO out of any equation but I no one gets a pass here, n9t even the players.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
Well if these guys, at their ages can't get better no matter what it's on them. Now if KO and the staff can't develop the young bigs, Polley then that's one thing. Larrier is 22 or whatever he's on his own dime developing and should be a bigger factor in games than he is. Is it possible we expected too much of him? Oh and Adams, say what you want about KO's coaching I get it, but he's not coaching to help him regress in one year yet he is and again, 2 plus years in most is on him. Kids need to think less of themselves and work harder, on the court, practice time and on their bodies. Not taking KO out of any equation but I no one gets a pass here, n9t even the players.

JC's will for them to be great was greater than their lack of will or laziness (The absolute value of JC's will was greater than their lack of will). They would have been better, maybe much better, especially Adams,

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Larrier has already said he's gone.

Age, injury history, money aside, what's to entice him to come back? A run at the CBI?

Reaction Score
I am sure both Adams and Larrier have come to the realization that they do not possess the skill set to become NBA players. The will most likely end up in Europe and make a decent living playing basketball. Hopefully They are both smart enough to finish up their education and graduate. After all, that is Ollie's and UConn's most important mission, to make sure theses kids graduate and have a college degree to fall back on.

Reaction Score
Terry could be a grad transfer case if he wanted to, right? (assuming he graduates this year)

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’m sitting next to Ricky Moore at Wooster St Pizza in Manchester I’ll ask him.

Edit: recap on Moore encounter. We made dead eye contact as I walked in (in my UConn winter hat and sweatpants(cut me some slack on the sweatpants I just left the gym)). He looked me up and down and smiled. I gave a “don’t worry I won’t bother you with your family, but I will recount this whole event on the internet later” nod and went on about my business. He was with his family and who I’d presume to be his in laws. The man I presume to be his father in law said something like “I heard about this great player from Cali, you guys on him?” Kinda weird for him to bring that up in public but oh well. Ricky said and I paraphrase “Kevin’s seen him and his people have talked to Coach Calhoun.” I wish I caught the players name. He also made some comments about how he doesn't like when buffalo wings are too hot (cmon Ricky aren’t you from the south?). He was watching the WVU bowl game and talked about how WVU used to be so good and how it’s lame you only need 6 wins to get in a bowl game. F.I.L. asked when Randy would have the boys back bowling. He laughed and said no idea.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He posted a possible engagement announcement on instagram... expecting the big bucks??

Reaction Score
I don't know either of them, but I am certain neither has come to that realization.

Well then KO needs to throw a cold bucket of reality square in their face and wake them up. If you don't have the ability to create your own shot then you have no chance at playing in the NBA. See Adam Morrison for exhibit "A"

Reaction Score
Well then KO needs to throw a cold bucket of reality square in their face and wake them up. If you don't have the ability to create your own shot then you have no chance at playing in the NBA. See Adam Morrison for exhibit "A"

I guarantee you that Jalen Adams has 100% belief that he can be an NBA player. I really think you underestimate his athleticism and his potential.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If UConn brings in a new coach next year, they will probably have to try and pitch having one year with “someone who will actually develop them” or something along those lines. I agree that Adams is more likely to stay than Larrier, who always has said this is his last year.

If this happens, there's a reasonable likelihood that the recruits aren't coming either. So without Adams, they'd be well and truly tanked.

Reaction Score
I guarantee you that Jalen Adams has 100% belief that he can be an NBA player. I really think you underestimate his athleticism and his potential.
I am not underestimating anything, I am witnessing it with my own eyes. If UConn had two NBA level players on the roster we wouldn't have gotten blown out by Arkansas and Auburn or lost to Arizona. I think the a lot of boneyarders over estimate the talent on UConn. This is clearly evident in recruiting threads where boneyarders state that this guy and that guys are must gets and then we get them and they can't play.

Reaction Score
Potential? he’s a nice college player but is he over the top athletically for his size? No. Is he a good shooter? No. Is he a great assist Point guard? No. He made no progress over the summer.

Reaction Score
The athleticism is clearly there, and he averaged plenty of assists last year at 6.1 per game. The team is a mess and doesn't lend itself to making him look good. He finishes some really tough takes to the hole. If he was playing PG on a well coached team with a couple of shooters, he would look so much better. I am not saying he is a certain NBA player, but I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it.

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Players think they know better than their coaches. This is not new, nor is it unique to UConn (see Cuse).

Reaction Score

I'm with you. That's my point. If they haven't shown any growth yet I don't expect they will turn into nba 1st round picks next year with a different coach. Maybe that's where I'm wrong? But yea getting Adams and Larrier back next year doesn't even begin to excite me about next year's team.

Reaction Score
The athleticism is clearly there, and he averaged plenty of assists last year at 6.1 per game. The team is a mess and doesn't lend itself to making him look good. He finishes some really tough takes to the hole. If he was playing PG on a well coached team with a couple of shooters, he would look so much better. I am not saying he is a certain NBA player, but I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it.

Agreed. Think of how well Purvis is doing in the G League right now. Not unrealistic to imagine Jalen doing the same thing next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom