Where is Yanna? | The Boneyard

Where is Yanna?

PvP

Reaction Score
Maybe it's just a coincidence but Ayanna wasn't in the informal team photo posted here in the thread about Ice rejoining the team and she wasn't seen in the thread about Geno being miked for the practice yesterday. She also wasn't listed in the roster at the beginning of the team website that continued to list Piath and CW.

She had definitely been in evidence in earlier practice videos.

I hope, as I say, that this is just a coincidence but the recollections of all the unexplained absences last year makes me concerned. I know we all are looking forward to seeing her contribute this year.

BTW, was Lou2 not making those shots look easy in the miked up video? Geno clearly was getting a kick out of her!

Reaction Score
Maybe it's just a coincidence but Ayanna wasn't in the informal team photo posted here in the thread about Ice rejoining the team and she wasn't seen in the thread about Geno being miked for the practice yesterday. She also wasn't listed in the roster at the beginning of the team website that continued to list Piath and CW.

She had definitely been in evidence in earlier practice videos.

I hope, as I say, that this is just a coincidence but the recollections of all the unexplained absences last year makes me concerned. I know we all are looking forward to seeing her contribute this year.

BTW, was Lou2 not making those shots look easy in the miked up video? Geno clearly was getting a kick out of her!
She is on the roster on the website and it probably was due to the fact that they probably are now just updating the rosters as 2022-23 was not available to see for the rosters in the not so different past

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She’s probably attending summer classes to get ahead on her studies before the season starts.

why do people look for problems?
Because it's a very slow time of the year. Like some media reporters that look to create news or controversy where there is none, some fans do the same thing. They are bored and can't just enjoy the days as they come and go. As I commented on in another post, our girls need a break too.

they need this time to relax, recover and rehab from nicks and bruises sustained from the past season. It's that of the year where there is little to no WCBB (UConn) news. Don't look/expect them to entertain us (provide fodder) 24/7 12 months a year.

Official practice (mid October) will begin soon enough. Let's not put them under a microscope until then. Just because a player(s) are not in a photo or video does not mean anything. It simply means they were not in that particular shot, or as Nan said, they may have been in class. :) Enjoy your summer everyone. I was on a weekend Carnival cruise to Ensenada this past weekend, and I'll be attending the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas next week. Get out and smell the roses. Enjoy life.....................while you can. As an old Schiltz beer commercial said................"You only go around once in life, so grab for all of the gusto you can."

Have a few laughs with Johnny Carson (the original Carnac) and Buddy Hackett. :D

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
If you look closely you'll catch a brief glimpse of Ayanna on the sidelines at the 27 sec mark, on the sidelines when Azzi makes a shot at the 32 second mark, at the 54 second mark, after Paige makes a shot at the 1:15 mark, and at the 1:24 mark.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Not every player is in every photo or video, unless it’s the official team photo. If I had to guess, I’d say Yanna was in the weight room.

Reaction Score
She’s probably attending summer classes to get ahead on her studies before the season starts.

why do people look for problems?
because sadly that's how some ppl are shallow. I remember a post last offseason saying why isn't Caroline in photos with Paige, "is there team chemistry issues going on" LOL. Offseason brings out the worst in some

Reaction Score
Media and Social Media thrive on problems. If they cannot find a real problem, then they fabricate one.
Exactly why this is {I believe) my first post in 2 months........:)

Reactions: UHF
Reaction Score
If I had been on that team when I was that age, I guarantee that we would play some tricks on the old farts who read the Boneyard obsessively looking for info. Maybe a phony bandage, maybe a “missing player,” maybe platform shoes to add 3” to someone’s height, etc

Reaction Score
Didn't she hurt her elbow? She might be focusing on classes and physical therapy right now and not in the gym or on the court when thos picture was taken. Relax.

Reaction Score
Media and Social Media thrive on problems. If they cannot find a real problem, then they fabricate one.
Some media... a bit of an over-generalization here.

Reaction Score
I worked for a large company in its quality control organization. I have been trained to find errors. (not kidding). That is my excuse, but the rest of you are all chicken littles.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom