Where --- Is Warde?? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Where --- Is Warde??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You don't have to believe me, but I'm not sure what you have seen to believe he has the teams belief when it is clear he doesn't believe in them. And if I named families/players, or even hinted to the situations in question, don't you believe that would get back to them/ the coaches and (somehow) make things worse?

Here's the thing, I do believe you.

I never asked for specifics of players names, etc. just to provide some examples.

I don't think you can say, wouldn't that matters worse after you initially posted something to the effect that he's lost the locker room. At that point the damage is done.

Reaction Score
Warde should pay Garrick McGhee BiG money to be the next OC wether Diaco likes it or not.

Reaction Score
@zls44, my brain is too mushy to figure this out. Are we priced competitively or are we way over priced. I literally have no energy to figure it out.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
@zls44, my brain is too mushy to figure this out. Are we priced competitively or are we way over priced. I literally have no energy to figure it out.

Just take a shot in the dark.

Reaction Score
Warde talks to Diaco in the tunnels of the Rent after every game, this one was no different. The players love Diaco, so just want to say that once again. I have my reservations of him as a game day coach however.

Reaction Score
Thanks, I sorta figured. With season tickets sold declining year after year, you'd figure the rocket scientists at UConn would readjust their pricing model. When I inititially purchased season tickets I did so believing I would be watching games against Miami, VTech, BC SU, PITT, WVU. Half of those never happened and I was okay with it even if disillusioned. Now none of those happen and I'm still okay with it. But maybe charge less for games against the likes of Tulane of Tulsa and work on increasing our ticket base rather than sodomizing those of us too stupid to cut bait.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I haven't checked everyone, but I'd venture a guess that we are way over priced.

Many many here agree.... Dangerous times.

C

Chief00

This can't be serious. No way he gets fired
I did not say he is getting fired there may be another way to exit where both he and Warde can save face. Nothing about this situation is pretty.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I did not say he is getting fired there may be another way to exit where both he and Warde can save face. Nothing about this situation is pretty.

He is not president or governor. We are not stuck with him for 4 years.
It ain't a democracy. But I think most here believe all coaches get 3, get 4 years before they are fired.
We do not have the luxury. He is not going to get better, imo. Just like the Rock Star.

Reaction Score
Anyone who watched the game(s) can see players don't like playing for him. The only question, and this is being kind, is how many of the returning players fall into that category?

i'm not sure the players don't like playing for him. That's hard to judge by watching from the stands. It could be part of it, but it could also speak to the character of players that P brought in as well. I thought some of the true freshman played well this year

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
When a team wins two games, players are unhappy and parents say stupid things. That's how it works. If they win 9 games next year all the players will love him amd so will their parents. Well, except for those on the bench who think they should be startin. They will hate Diaco and so will most of their parents. Again, that's just how it works.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The one drinking from a fire hose this season was Bob Diaco.

Reaction Score
He is not president or governor. We are not stuck with him for 4 years.
It ain't a democracy. But I think most here believe all coaches get 3, get 4 years before they are fired.
We do not have the luxury. He is not going to get better, imo. Just like the Rock Star.
Got to agree. Time is not a luxury. We cannot wait three years on an experiment.

Reaction Score
He had a lot (rightfully) to say about PP. How about the clusterf--- that is Diaco? 4th & 1 from the 50 and punts?!?!

For anyone that stuck around to talk to the player's family's you would know what a joke BD is in the locker room.

Well, the football team is losing and realignment kicked off again, so he is probably chilling in the Virgin Islands with Susan Herbst.

Reaction Score
Didn't Warde once say that this would not happen again? Guess what? It has and on Warde's watch.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
When a team wins two games, players are unhappy and parents say stupid things. That's how it works. If they win 9 games next year all the players will love him amd so will their parents. Well, except for those on the bench who think they should be startin. They will hate Diaco and so will most of their parents. Again, that's just how it works.

Win nine games next year?

Bro...

Reaction Score
Undisciplined teams fumble and commit dumb penalties.

This season is a direct reflection of Bob Fiasco's coaching, and not the talent level.

Warde hired him, so this is a reflection on Warde. Both should be held accountable.

Reaction Score
Undisciplined teams fumble and commit dumb penalties.

This season is a direct reflection of Bob Fiasco's coaching, and not the talent level.

Warde hired him, so this is a reflection on Warde. Both should be held accountable.
This season is a reflection of Diaco's coaching AND the talent level.

Reaction Score
If this year is repeated next year then Warde has to think seriously about taking drastic steps. As others have stated can't stay in a death spiral when our conference future depends solely on football.

Until then he will sit back and observes publicly.

Behind the scenes is a different story. Probably fuming right now.

Diaco is making Warde's job more difficult with every loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom