Where is UConn at QB? (Silver) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Where is UConn at QB? (Silver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The new Coach's offensive philosphy will determine who will start. If the new guy wants to run a spread like Ohio St or a zone read like Auburn, Boyle will transfer. That's just not his style. Offensive philosophy will be high on the interview question agenda and it's the system that will dictate as much as anything who will be under center vs BYU. We just may already have a very good option QB in Kivon Taylor who will take the reins next fall. Let's not annoint anyone just yet.

As for Casey Cochran, there is no doubt his quick reads and decision making have aided the O Line. It's funny how the O Line looks a lot better when the QB gets the ball out quicker. As Sportsart points out, he's also been the most accurate. I suggest we stop rationalizing Casey's success by calling Memphis a terrible team. Sure they had a bad record but UCF and Louisville each beat the Tigers by only 7 points. My sense is that if he had been given the reins and the reps earlier, he would have found success against the better teams as well. The final factor is his leadership. Its not just the quiet kind. He has instilled a large dose of needed confidence in the team. So I agree he's the frontrunner for now. But let's watch and see how it all develops among the QB candidates. It's a nice problem to have.

Reaction Score
No disrespect to O'Neil Wilson, but Dan O never threw to someone as good as Geremy Davis when he was at UConn.
I just do not understand why so many posters do not want to give CC any credit. Since Dan O, we have been looking for a QB. I was always hoping for someone we could consider average, because it seemed liked our QB play was consistently below average. Now we get a kid ( CC ) that has shown more in 4 games then any other QB since Dan O, and we are trashing him. Will he be our star for the next 3 years, I really don't know. But only a dope would not see that by how he has played that we may be on to something.

In regards to strength of competition, there has been plenty of times ( to lazy to research) where we have gone through a similar stretch in the past. And there has not been a QB in the last 10 years ( since Dan O ), that even comes close to what he has done. Will he be a Heisman candidate , probably not. But he has a chance to be a real good QB here. Remember that would make me happy, because I have always only hopinged to have an average QB.

Reaction Score
If i'm the new coach, EVERYONE earns it in spring practice. That is the intent of bringing a new coach in. He needs to evaluate talent and determine his system. Obviously the cream should rise to the top, but a new coach needs to make it his team! Not based on who did what on a 3-9 team against some not so good opponents.

Reaction Score
My only question is...

If TJ Weist and Casey Cochran are back next year, will the dorm spy give us full practice blow by blow details?

Reaction Score
Love this thread

Passion!!! that's what we missed all year!

All I will say is, i CANT WAIT FOR SPRING GAME. New Head Coach, 3-5 competent QBs, a MONSTER at WR. A couple dynamic RBs added to the backfield(Arkeel, Marriner, Williams?).

Defense will hopefully sort itself out, but this will be fun!

can we just skip to April 1?

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I just do not understand why so many posters do not want to give CC any credit.
So you completely didn't bother to read my post that came right this post where I gave CC a ton of credit?

Dan O never did throw to receiver as good as Davis at UConn. That doesn't diminish a single thing CC did. I fully expect him to be our starter next year.

Reaction Score
So you completely didn't bother to read my post that came right this post where I gave CC a ton of credit?

Dan O never did throw to receiver as good as Davis at UConn. That doesn't diminish a single thing CC did. I fully expect him to be our starter next year.
I guess you didn't bother to read ( maybe you could not understand it ) my post. I stated I do not understand why so many ( NOT ALL) posters do not want to give CC any credit. This board have so many people that are so sensitive that it is ridiculous. I truly hope that the biggest problem you have is that you believe I did not bother to fully read your post.

Reaction Score
I guess you didn't bother to read ( maybe you could not understand it ) my post. I stated I do not understand why so many ( NOT ALL) posters do not want to give CC any credit. This board have so many people that are so sensitive that it is ridiculous. I truly hope that the biggest problem you have is that you believe I did not bother to fully read your post.

I haven't seen one poster not give CC any credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom