Where is the privacy statement? | The Boneyard

Where is the privacy statement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
I've created a new userID for this site.

But I can't find anywhere the site's statement of policy regarding the personally identifiable information (e.g. eMail address, date of birth) that I am required to give in order to create that userID. These are items used to validate my identity on many of my financial sites.

As a result, I've not given you my real DOB.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

But I can't find anywhere the site's statement of policy regarding the personally identifiable information (e.g. eMail address, date of birth) that I am required to give in order to create that userID. These are items used to validate my identity on many of my financial sites.

That's OK, I can vouch for you.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Rut roh, this could get ugly. Siblings!

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Which financial sites, specifically?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Refer to your avatar, Tom.

C'mon, JR, have mercy. We're trying to get the site up, make it readable and put in features that make it easier to read. Some of the detail-y stuff is at the bottom of the To-Do list. Tom's trying to do this for 2 sites.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Touchy, touchy, Nan.

Note, via the quote, that I was responding to Tom's irreverent request to know which of my accounts he might now be able to access.

I intended to be taken in the same vein.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
One scary thing about the 'net is a server log records where a visitor came from before getting to the 'yard (or any other site).

Reaction Score
C'mon, JR, have mercy. We're trying to get the site up, make it readable and put in features that make it easier to read. Some of the detail-y stuff is at the bottom of the To-Do list. Tom's trying to do this for 2 sites.

Privacy and security are number one when creating a web site. Pretty colors are way down the list of priorities. It appears you have an inverted list of priorities.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
One scary thing about the 'net is a server log records where a visitor came from before getting to the 'yard (or any other site).

Unless you use an anonymizer service, which routes your traffic through a maze of intermediate servers before contacting your target. There are many such services, the eponymous anonymizer.com probably being the best-known. This will slow your web session a bit, but it the best tack to avoid tracking via server logs.

Or, you can reboot your cable modem every now and then. Almost all ISPs assign IP addresses randomly when the cable modem asks for one, rather than hard-coding an IP for each subscriber. So, each time you re-boot your modem you are likely to get a different IP address, which will help defeat tracking somewhat.

BTW, the site has been very slow for me since yesterday afternoon, Phoenix time.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Privacy and security are number one when creating a web site. Pretty colors are way down the list of priorities. It appears you have an inverted list of priorities.

What privacy needs protecting. Seriously. You have an anonymous handle, and your ip and email are never shown. Even with that, you can use a yahoo email, and make up a birthday. "Privacy" was taken care of on day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom