Where is Susan and Warde right now? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Where is Susan and Warde right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You guys need to get off the B1G invite stuff - it ain't happening now. Uconn needs to take the best available which is the ACC if the chips fall like we think they will in the next few days. We bide our time there until the next round. If we "choose" to stay in this conference think about how our profile could look in 4 or 5 years. Take what we can now, keep our programs alive and move on.

Reaction Score
I expect a someone to at least report a "no comment." we have six guys in the Virgin Islands doing nothing the last two days. how about getting Calhoun to quote? no? ok, tweet more pictures of the ocean. thanks.

at least say "no one around the AD will talk about the rumors, but they did acknowledge the ESPN report..."

edit: several published reports have your primary football rival and an ACC school going to the big10 tomorrow. with ESPN and others speculating that Uconn may be theschool that replaces MD. You don't think that is worth reporting and or getting a Uconn response? that sounds like something Jeff Hathaway would recommend if he were sports editor of the newspaper. yes all I've seen from the CT writers is Daineaught's piece

Reaction Score
Here's your comment - "no comment".

Good lord.

Not sure what people expect here.

This is a collection of fans that frequent dedicated message board to conference realignment. Most certainly not a topic even the dullest of individuals would characterize as great sport. It should be fairly obvious we're all a bunch of raving lunatics with irrational demands, fixations and tendencies.

Reaction Score
This is the comment I'd like to hear from Herbst/Manual "I'm sorry, WTF is the Big East?"

Reaction Score
I expect a someone to at least report a "no comment." we have six guys in the Virgin Islands doing nothing the last two days. how about getting Calhoun to quote? no? ok, tweet more pictures of the ocean. thanks.

at least say "no one around the AD will talk about the rumors, but they did acknowledge the ESPN report..."

edit: several published reports have your primary football rival and an ACC school going to the big10 tomorrow. with ESPN and others speculating that Uconn may be theschool that replaces MD. You don't think that is worth reporting and or getting a Uconn response? that sounds like something Jeff Hathaway would recommend if he were sports editor of the newspaper. yes all I've seen from the CT writers is Daineaught's piece
I'll give you that the reporters should be on this, but you're way off the deep end if you think you're getting anything other than "no comment" out of the mouths of any UConn official. There is no story to report from what UConn officials would/did say, and everyone in the media knows it. This is the time for reporters to be working backchannels with sources, which, if they're all silent, would be more likely to be a good thing than if they're all sitting around doing nothing.

Reaction Score
Correct, no news is good news. The longer we go without comment the better we're doing.

Reaction Score
This is the comment I'd like to hear from Herbst/Manual "I'm sorry, WTF is the Big East?"

Actually, I am sorry it has come to this. The BE was awesome and the tournament in MSG will never be duplicated by any league. I'd rather hear, We are moving to the ACC and we wish nothing but the best for the BE.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Acc is the next be... Hitching our wagon to that star is like buying a ticket to board the titanic... Would suck to join only to have every school leave for the big10, sec, or big12...

Hopefully if here is a shot for big10, Uconn gets the invite.

Honestly, I don't get these posts. What's wrong with joining the ACC or "Old Big East"? Isn't that what we were all excited for when we upgraded to FBS? Yeah so there might not be FSU or Clemson in the ACC but there will still be Pitt, Syracuse, and BC....I care a lot more about getting old rivalries back while having stability than being sucked into a pile of crap that will be the NBE. Give me the ACC anyday. The only people I see leaving that conference are FSU, Clemson, MD, and maybe one day VT. I'll take what's left behind. It might not be the prettiest football picture but it will be a great basketball picture. The football league will easily rival what the NBE will be without RU and probably Louisville.

Reaction Score
Hoping one is on a plane or in Charlotte and the other in South Bend.

One has to get ND to say "we're not going fulltime, we remain committed if you replace MD w/UC" and the other to sign the papers. Figure out the $$ later, who cares.

Correct, no news is good news. The longer we go without comment the better we're doing.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
ND is further from joining full time in football today (as they now have a clear path to the BCS title game) than they ever have been.

Whatever concerns they may have had about a title shot being available to them as an independent all disappeared this weekend.

Reaction Score
The last time that Herbst was #begging harder, didn't both Auriemma and Calhoun make some comments?

Reaction Score

Here ya go... “@jaltavilla: Could UConn’s Big East Future Still Be In Doubt? - http://post original url/K05Xb6V1 #UConnwomen #BigEast #ACC” With a Geno quote. :)

Edit: “@AmoreCourant: Jm Calhoun on Maryland/Rutgers/Big Ten. "I said months ago tihs wasn't going to stop and it hasn't." He hasn't heard of UConn-ACC talks yet.”

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Acc is the next be... Hitching our wagon to that star is like buying a ticket to board the titanic... Would suck to join only to have every school leave for the big10, sec, or big12...

Hopefully if here is a shot for big10, Uconn gets the invite.

It's the taint of Notre Dame. first they leeched of the Big East and it slowly crumbled. Then they start to leech off the ACC and...

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
ND is further from joining full time in football today (as they now have a clear path to the BCS title game) than they ever have been.

Whatever concerns they may have had about a title shot being available to them as an independent all disappeared this weekend.

Absolutely. If ND was bumping along at .500 their chances of joining the ACC for everything would be higher. One win away from an NC game and they must be feeling pretty cocky...and independent.

Reaction Score
i'll say, I'd feel a lot better if those quotes from calhoun and Geno implied they had more of a clue that something was going on. I might have preserred a "no comment" lol

Reaction Score
Wow. As always Jeff Jacobs write an entire article off of one quote today. A quote where Herbst says basically one word. Thank you for the huge insight as always Jeff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom