Where is Mamadou? | The Boneyard

Where is Mamadou?

Reaction Score
He was basically the recruit to recruit Diallo. As you can see, after a year + of learning the system he just doesn't have the capacity or skill. Hate to harp on the kid, but he will not be effective to this program.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He was basically the recruit to recruit Diallo. As you can see, after a year + of learning the system he just doesn't have the capacity or skill. Hate to harp on the kid, but he will not be effective to this program.

He was ranked higher coming out of HS than any other big on this roster. This is a fallacious take.

Reaction Score
I'm assuming he was top 100 because of his size and motor. Unfortunately his size is negated in college and his motor does not mean much without skill. He'll be an extra body for his first couple years. Hopefully he gets used to the pace of the game and develops some skill. I have hope.

Reaction Score
Where is he? He is currently in the doghouse. Here's hoping he develops to where he can actually get on the floor.

Reaction Score
Is he hurt or what?

Diarra, went in got a quick block then 2 fouls (one an awful one for the obvious moving screen - he has to know not to do that) and then he got abused for 2 quick hoops on defense. He needs more time vs lower level teams once we have a comfortable lead so he can learn more of the nuances of the game so he can be of help to us later on in the season.

That said we battled all night, our lack of experienced interior depth showed but there were many teachable moments in this game we can grow from and regardless of the outcome just the experience of this game should help us for the league schedule and hopefully come March.

Reaction Score
He was ranked higher coming out of HS than any other big on this roster. This is a fallacious take.
Where is your consistency? You can't say that you dont regard recruiting ranks when its the 2018 calss, and now "he was ranked higher out of HS, etc." when citing MD. The results speak for themselves, he hasn't helped w/ the easier/earlier part of the schedule or a tougher opponent. The little exposure we have seen was multiple fouls, bad positioning, turnover prone. This is after an RS year of "learning".

Reaction Score
If u watch him he has no udea what hes doing and has no real skills..

Reaction Score
Preseason I thought he would give us more, maybe even start. Was I ever wrong. So far.

Reaction Score
Got called for a moving screen but it wasn't. He had disengaged from the screen and was falling back for the pick and roll when he bumped into a guy. Dumb foul called by the ref.

Reaction Score
He is a pretty explosive jumper but that's it at this point. He sort of just runs around out there fouling. It's shocking how we can't attract a single top big man. Every year there is 30 minutes of playing time for a center or power forward that can come in and is ready to play.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
He is a pretty explosive jumper but that's it at this point. He sort of just runs around out there fouling. It's shocking how we can't attract a single top big man. Every year there is 30 minutes of playing time for a center or power forward that can come in and is ready to play.
I would love Carlton to show up contrary to what you've written. I can't predict that and I don't say that as any knock on you, but I do see things I like in addition to seeing how much he looked like an 18 year old among the MSU bigs.

Reaction Score
Hope he keeps working and learning and stays healthy. He’s got 4 years - plenty of time to become a solid player for us.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
From what I can see he's in the Steve Enoch doghouse. Meaning, he doesn't defend as required in our overall defensive system. They torched us when he was in. I suspect that given time, he'd show something rebounding the ball and maybe scoring. But if you can't defend, you don't play. I'm disappointed, as I expected him to be our best big. He did have a year in the system last year, even if he couldn't play.

Reaction Score
I would love Carlton to show up contrary to what you've written. I can't predict that and I don't say that as any knock on you, but I do see things I like in addition to seeing how much he looked like an 18 year old among the MSU bigs.
I like Carlton too and think he will become at least serviceable but it's been so long since we've had a legit big that I think a lot of our fans actually forgot what it looks like.

Reaction Score
Not hating on the kid. But correct. He was never high D1 talent.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The little exposure we have seen was multiple fouls, bad positioning, turnover prone. This is after an RS year of "learning".

His RS year was not "learning". The nature of his particular injury prescribes 'rest', ie not playing. At best, I would have expected him to stay the same, but more likely the year that year probably hurt him, given how raw he was coming in. I thought he was always supposed to be a developmental guy.

Reaction Score

Don't understand why you think it's shocking we can't attract a top big man. KO has a guard orientated offense and is reluctant to include any big in the offensive flow. Granted that some of our recent bigs had hands of stone and lacked any decent post-up moves, but if you don't incorporate the big in the offense, you'll never get any top big men to commit. Call it lack of development of our bigs (Brimah and Facey) if you like, but that and not getting them involved in the offense means getting any highly recruited big is a long shot. Carlton had a nice post up move for a basket against Oregon and then never saw the ball again. You have to involve them more than we do to keep the D honest and to my point to attract top bigs.

Reaction Score
Don't understand why you think it's shocking we can't attract a top big man. KO has a guard orientated offense and is reluctant to include any big in the offensive flow. Granted that some of our recent bigs had hands of stone and lacked any decent post-up moves, but if you don't incorporate the big in the offense, you'll never get any top big men to commit. Call it lack of development of our bigs (Brimah and Facey) if you like, but that and not getting them involved in the offense means getting any highly recruited big is a long shot. Carlton had a nice post up move for a basket against Oregon and then never saw the ball again. You have to involve them more than we do to keep the D honest and to my point to attract top bigs.
A lot of teams have guard oriented offenses but still always have competent bigs. Something tells me if we had a legit big he would see the ball plenty. Brimah saw the ball plenty and he was a horrendous offensive player.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The kid has the physical attributes but does not, at this time, seem to have the smarts to avoid getting into foul trouble
To say he is not a Div 1 player is ridiculous - you haven't seen enough of him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom