Where is everyone? | The Boneyard

Where is everyone?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Holy crap this place is empty. Where is UConn Nation?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Embarrassing showing by UConn nation both nights. I was shocked at the low turn out.
I didnt think it was bad vs Cuse and especially given the weather....

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
How many people wearing orange were there tonight to watch the job game? Lots. And how do you think UConn fans were going to get those seats tonight? The tickets and seats were for 2 games not seperare attendance tickets. I gave to shake my head sometimes.

Reaction Score
Blacked out. Didn't even go to any sporting event tonight. Sacred Heart could use help with attendance for their hockey games. Only 242 showed up at WBA for tonight's game.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
How many people wearing orange were there tonight to watch the job game? Lots. And how do you think UConn fans were going to get those seats tonight? The tickets and seats were for 2 games not seperare attendance tickets. I gave to shake my head sometimes.
The orange is more visible than blue for sure. There were more UConn fans there than fans of any other schools but there just weren’t many people period. If anyone wanted to attend, getting tickets certainly wasn’t the problem.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Blacked out. Didn't even go to any sporting event tonight. Sacred Heart could use help with attendance for their hockey games. Only 242 showed up at WBA for tonight's game.

They've gotta be taking such a bath on that deal

Reaction Score
They've gotta be taking such a bath on that deal
SHU has a lot of money behind it. They are not slowing down in continuing to develop the campus and area around it. They are intent on building an on-campus rink, as well.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
SHU has a lot of money behind it. They are not slowing down in continuing to develop the campus and area around it.

Bobby V has actually done a really good job of fundraising

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Kiss my got home at 3:20 AM ass lol
This.

I’m a bad fan. I admit. I was planning on going last night. Even had my wife agreeing to make it with me. ( which was the one thing that would’ve held me back because I went with friends Thursday Friday was our “ date night” ) But Thursday was a war of attrition after the game. I got home at 4 , got like 2 hours of sleep and up at 7 .
I was whooped. Took a mid afternoon 90 minute nap thinking that would get me going. It didn’t.
When I was younger I might have bounced back faster.

I’m serious. It was a physical trial getting out of city. Our car was on 2nd ave and mid 50’s because we pre gamed at a friends apartment there. After game you couldn’t get An Uber or a cab anywhere near the garden. So we walked hoping to get away from garden to get a cab. Every step was a slip and fall potential, and every street crossing you were in up to your ankles in ice water. We get to park ave and finally get a cab and give him address and he says “ nope can’t get there, I can’t take you, can’t get through midtown right now it’s blocked” so we walk , more walking , to a subway stop , wait 30 minutes for a train and finally get one to 53rd and lex which was still a good walk back to apartment.
And that is just gettin back to car component . The real fun started then where it took over 3 hours to get from fdr drive to CT border .

I was born in the city. Lived in city for years. I have never seen anything like Thursday. ever.

It was like a mad max movie.

And I was beat up.

C

Chief00

This.

I’m a bad fan. I admit. I was planning on going last night. Even had my wife agreeing to make it with me. ( which was the one thing that would’ve held me back because I went with friends Thursday Friday was our “ date night” ) But Thursday was a war of attrition after the game. I got home at 4 , got like 2 hours of sleep and up at 7 .
I was whooped. Took a mid afternoon 90 minute nap thinking that would get me going. It didn’t.

I’m serious. It was a physical trial getting out of city. Our car was on 2nd ave and mid 50’s because we pre gamed at a friends apartment there. After game you couldn’t get An Uber or a cab anywhere near the garden. So we walked hoping to get away from garden to get a cab. Every step was a slip and fall potential, and every street crossing you were in up to your ankles in ice water. We get to park ave and finally get a cab and give him address and he says “ nope can’t get there, I can’t take you, can’t get through midtown right now it’s blocked” so we walk , more walking , to a subway stop , wait 30 minutes for a train and finally get one to 53rd and lex which was still a good walk back to apartment.
And that is just gettin back to car component . The real fun started then where it took over 3 hours to get from fdr drive to CT border .

I was born in the city. Lived in city for years. I have never seen anything like Thursday. ever.

And I was beat up.

Real life beats entertainment but soon we need to escape real life back to entertainment. It’s an irony.

Reaction Score
This.

And I was beat up.
I’m too old too and I really take my hat off to our fans from out of the city that went to the game with that storm especially from Ct. It’s a major expenditure of energy. Couldn’t predict it but the best way to do it is to stay over and that increases the costs if it’s a hotel. Day games OK different story. Used to love going to the BE tourney 1st session games and then go home to see the evening on tv.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This.

And I was beat up.
Casual.

Reaction Score
I’m too old too and I really take my hat off to our fans from out of the city that went to the game with that storm especially from Ct. It’s a major expenditure of energy. Couldn’t predict it but the best way to do it is to stay over and that increases the costs if it’s a hotel. Day games OK different story. Used to love going to the BE tourney 1st session games and then go home to see the evening on tv.

I can attest to this.

Took a bus from Boston at 6pm Thursday night to catch the Friday night game. There was some beyond moronic decisions made by Megabus that night, but mainly due to the weather got into NYC at 5:00am

Needless to say, I've been to the garden games the last 4 years running, quietest I've ever seen the place.

Best thing I saw all night was Wooten absolutely posterizing little Buddy "Boheim."

Reaction Score
Holy crap this place is empty. Where is UConn Nation?

Sorry my wife and I went out and had a few locally my bad 8893 lol.

And after watching that I need to as we came back to earth! :eek:

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
By the way. I’m now on board for banning Uber and lyft from cities. At minimum there has to be some car limits. It’s realky screwing stuff up. Bad.

I used to think they were great. But they are a plague on a place like manhattan. City moved much better when it was just cabs.

There was a peak rate of 125 dollars to go 30 blocks the other night.

Reaction Score
There are lots of reasons these games aren't as full.

1. 2k over charged for these games. Back in 2013 when I went tickets were face value of $15. Think the cheapest was $50 this year.

2. We are playing 3 games this year at MSG.

3. We are coming off 2 awful seasons (probably the number 1 reason)

Reaction Score
It’s been a while since I’ve been, but in my experience attendance to msg overall is not that great if it’s thanksgiving weekend or earlier. I went to UConn vs Duke and UConn vs Indiana there a few years back and both were nowhere near sellouts.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
I won my tix to last night on WFAN and after taking the train down from my buddies place in SoNo, Subway to Hudson Square area in lower Manhattan to get the tix ans back up to Penn Station where we found a bar to watch the first half of the Ducks/Orange.
Went in for the 2nd half but not before stopping at the Box Office to see if they had any Phish NYE tix for sale. No Luck!

WFAN seats were behind the hoop in section 112.
Moved to center court about 14 rows up in the section for the UCONN game to watch Iowa beat the out of us. They were big boys.

As noted elsewhere Cuse fans were balloon knots. Reminding them that they were 0-2 at MSG this year helped.

We left with 9 minutes left for the 9:06 train back to SoNo.
Met an old UCONN friend who was bartending at Peaches and she kept the Jack and Cokes strong til closing.
Drove home to Cromwell this morning with the whiskey sweats.
Successful night!

Reaction Score
I didnt get to the game. Grabbed a bite to eat with my nephew and hopped on a train at Grand central to new haven then to meriden. made it home 12ish.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom