Where is everyone? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Where is everyone?

Reaction Score
Ha I flew in for the cuse game with a wife that's ready to push a kid out any day. Flew back to va mid day Friday to hop in the Jeep and drive to Raleigh nc for a soccer tournament I had a commitment to attend. I get to go home today. After going to the garden last year and watching us get spanked this is an improvement. Baby steps

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Friday morning was rough. Got in at 2 Thursday night, woke up at 7, didn’t recover until 2 on Saturday. Had plans to go Friday night but we decided our bodies would shutdown if we went again

Reaction Score
It’s fun to go see a game live, no doubt about that. But now every game can be viewed on a nice big flat screen TV. That, combined with the money it costs and having to go out and drive in winter weather ( especially to NYC) is going to cause this to happen. Lots of people will opt for staying home and watching it on TV.

Reaction Score
It’s fun to go see a game live, no doubt about that. But now every game can be viewed on a nice big flat screen TV. That, combined with the money it costs and having to go out and drive in winter weather ( especially to NYC) is going to cause this to happen. Lots of people will opt for staying home and watching it on TV.

I will say, my dad came down from Stamford Thursday night and took the train and had no issues. That being said, its also a relatively easy drive for him to get to the train. Not sure its as easy for people that live more inland.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Embarrassing showing by UConn nation both nights. I was shocked at the low turn out.
In the middle of traffic/train nightmare UConn had a great showing on Friday night. Laughing with UConn fans on the train/subway made it more palatable.

Can't speak for others but I went to bed at 3:45 AM Friday morning grabbed a 3.5 hour nap and went to work on Friday. I was pretty gassed by game time.

Yeah, have to say Thursday night in the Garden was amazing. Really a coming out party for Hurley. Great energy and enthusiasm. There's no way that watching on TV compares to that.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
In the middle of traffic/train nightmare UConn had a great showing on Friday night. Laughing with UConn fans on the train/subway made it more palatable.

Can't speak for others but I went to bed at 3:45 AM Friday morning grabbed a 3.5 hour nap and went to work on Friday. I was pretty gassed by game time.

Yeah, have to say Thursday night in the Garden was amazing. Really a coming out party for Hurley. Great energy and enthusiasm. There's no way that watching on TV compares to that.
I wished I was there Thursday night. That's a big part of the reason why I headed in for Friday's game.

No team's crowd had a great showing on Friday. In the 35 or so years that I've been attending UConn games at the garden I don't think I've ever seen such a small crowd. It sounded deceptively larger when UConn fans cheered because we outnumbered the others, but it was the strangest and most non-electric vibe for any UConn game I've ever attended there.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I wished I was there Thursday night. That's a big part of the reason why I headed in for Friday's game.

No team's crowd had a great showing on Friday. In the 35 or so years that I've been attending UConn games at the garden I don't think I've ever seen such a small crowd. It sounded deceptively larger when UConn fans cheered because we outnumbered the others, but it was the strangest and most non-electric vibe for any UConn game I've ever attended there.

Was watching secondary market tix.

They didnt drop as much as they shouldve.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

Yeah Thursday night was electric and felt like a typical Big East Semi-Final (Fri night game). I was drained from it, and I had to wake up early 5:45am the next day and needed to work from home Saturday morning - just could not force my self to return on Friday night.... even though I am in the NYC area. But, will be at the game this Saturday in XL, and a couple weeks later in Prudential center.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

True. Our tix were free and we moved to sit wherever we wanted, but before I knew we were getting free tickets I had been checking StubHub and thinking that they should be a lot less expensive than they were.

CL82

Reaction Score

Wow, I am surprised. Thursday in the middle of 'Snowmageddon' only the far side upper deck was empty (Oregon and Iowa seats?). Great, great energy. You would have loved it. As I said in another thread, it was miserable getting there and miserable getting home, but glorious in between the two.

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score

Lol'd at the avatar/comment.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom