Where does this win rank? | The Boneyard

Where does this win rank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Notre Dame
South Carolina
Maybe the USF game for the championship
HOUSTON.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I dunno, but it's pretty nice.

1) It officially puts a stake in the heart of the Coach P era. It's over and done with - still struggles ahead, but the stench is gone.

2) The "Wait, UConn's bowl-eligible?" thought that's dawning on the program's media critics makes me happy.

Reaction Score
In terms of what it means to the program, I think it is second only to the USF win that sent us to the Fiesta Bowl.

I think we get more burn out of this win, as long as Diaco doesn't hop a plane to an unnamed city right after the bowl game. :D

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
After the last four years - this is win is #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I dunno, but it's pretty nice.

1) It officially puts a stake in the heart of the Coach P era. It's over and done with - still struggles ahead, but the stench is gone.

This fact alone makes this my 2nd best regular season win.

Reaction Score
Behind the USF win. That was a loooooong fg to win it, after they drove down and took the lead. Plus BCS.

Reaction Score
A great win. Great to be going to a bowl. And even better that schools north of us, northeast of us, and south of us will not!

Reaction Score
In terms of what it means to the program, I think it is second only to the USF win that sent us to the Fiesta Bowl.

I think we get more burn out of this win, as long as Diaco doesn't hop a plane to an unnamed city right after the bowl game. :D
If there is a win against Temple, will Diaco get some looks to move to a P5 school? He could get some consideration. I don't think he's ready. This was a discussion at our tailgate after the game.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
If there is a win against Temple, will Diaco get some looks to move to a P5 school? He could get some consideration. I don't think he's ready. This was a discussion at our tailgate after the game.

I think the only reason he might is because of the large number of openings... but I think we're safe.

Reaction Score

He has proven he can get players to work hard and play up to or above their talent level.

He still has plenty of work to do in regards to his gameday coaching skills.

He has proven his defensive knowledge is real.

He is ours, I think, for at least 2 more years.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Behind the USF win. That was a loooooong fg to win it, after they drove down and took the lead. Plus BCS.

It had been all downhill since that game. This win puts us back on the map.

Reaction Score
He has proven he can get players to work hard and play up to or above their talent level.

He still has plenty of work to do in regards to his gameday coaching skills.

He has proven his defensive knowledge is real.

He is ours, I think, for at least 2 more years.
Agree. The gameday needs a lot of polishing. Good for us so he stays.

Diaco's hair for president.

Reaction Score
I think the only reason he might is because of the large number of openings... but I think we're safe.

I think, just from how he's spoken with the media, that he's actually happy at UCONN. It would be huge for his legacy if he took us to a P5 conference and continued to succeed there.

Reaction Score
For me the best are still the 2002 win at Iowa State and the win at Notre Dame. Was lucky to be out at the game in South Bend - best live sporting event I've ever been at.
Certainly more satisfying to beat ND than Houston.

Reaction Score
Not sure where it ranks all-time, but it's a "storm the field" win, and those are special. We've only had 2 other ones (USF '07 and WVU '10).

Consider this - beginning of the season we considered Villanova to be an even game, and were pleased that we simply survived it. Today we just knocked off a 10-0 Houston team ranked 13th in the AP poll, and are now bowl-eligible. From where this program has been the last few years to where they are now makes this a great win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom