Where does this win rank? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Where does this win rank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
It was the best home game I've been too since USF 07.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
It's a big moment for where the program has been in the post-FHCRE era. But I hope it's only a taste of some bigger, more significant wins to come in the (not-so-distant) future that will set the bar higher.

Reaction Score
He has proven he can get players to work hard and play up to or above their talent level.

He still has plenty of work to do in regards to his gameday coaching skills.

He has proven his defensive knowledge is real.

He is ours, I think, for at least 2 more years.

and if god forbid he ever does leave I have full confidence Ward will hire the best candidate possible, he's a football guy. We don't have a complete moron as an AD like we did when Edsall left.

Reaction Score
It is one of UConn's three win's against a ranked team. One for Edsall (USF), One for Pasqualoni (Louisville) and now one for Diaco (Huoston).

Reaction Score
Just finished watching the game. Team showed tremendous character. Fans that braved the chilly weather till the very end got their money's worth tonight. UConn football is officially back.

Reaction Score
Just finished watching the game. Team showed tremendous character. Fans that braved the chilly weather till the very end got their money's worth tonight. UConn football is officially back.
Braved the Chilly weather? It was great weather considering It was Nov. 21. I was a bit disappointed with the size of the crowd. We made up for it with the noise level though. Great win, I would have to say it kept us on the edge of our seats but most of us were standing the whole game.

Reaction Score
I dunno, but it's pretty nice.

1) It officially puts a stake in the heart of the Coach P era. It's over and done with - still struggles ahead, but the stench is gone.

2) The "Wait, UConn's bowl-eligible?" thought that's dawning on the program's media critics makes me happy.

Wow, Fishy, nice insight. And well put. A stake in the heart of the P. era.

I remember when our best win was Akron.

Houston is top ten. Beating USF to make the Fiesta Bowl is my #1. ND, USC, Motor City Bowl, #2 USF , WVU finally, Iowa State was a statement win......

Reaction Score
Wow, Fishy, nice insight. And well put. A stake in the heart of the P. era.

I remember when our best win was Akron.

Houston is top ten. Beating USF to make the Fiesta Bowl is my #1. ND, USC, Motor City Bowl, #2 USF , WVU finally, Iowa State was a statement win.

That's a good list. I'd only add one sleeper -- the Big East home opener victory against Pitt in '04. That was also a "wow, we really can do this" moment in the way that Iowa State was.

Reaction Score
For a recruiting plan, geared at our recruiting area and student athlete profile Diaco has established, sttaffed with very good recruiters, this win is as important as any can be. Springboard. More practice, bowl game, visibility.

Fwiw: i'm the turd in the cereal bowl, but we still got a game to play, and after watching now, our offense is still very much 100 level, at best.

Great game. Physical, mentally imposing our game on them.

Reaction Score
I think, just from how he's spoken with the media, that he's actually happy at UCONN. It would be huge for his legacy if he took us to a P5 conference and continued to succeed there.

He is not going anywhere. He has lots of recruits coming in. And if he wins a few championships, then his contract will double just like what Houston is doing with Herman.

Reaction Score
Braved the Chilly weather? It was great weather considering It was Nov. 21. I was a bit disappointed with the size of the crowd. We made up for it with the noise level though. Great win, I would have to say it kept us on the edge of our seats but most of us were standing the whole game.

I was surprised at the empty seats at the beginning of the game, but the crowd made up for it by being bigger and louder than any other fourth quarter this year. Injuries aside, it was very entertaining and satisfying game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom