Where does this three game stretch rank? | The Boneyard

Where does this three game stretch rank?

Reaction Score
Hi everyone. This three game home stand against Seton Hall, Xavier and Villanova; where does this home stand rank in UConn history. Go UConn!!!!!!!

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
This was a pretty good one and there have been many since.
1990 win streak.PNG

Reaction Score
The Syracuse and Gtown back-to-back in '90 is still the benchmark.

So much innocence and hope manifested in them games.

XL Center Tuesday was quiet in comparison. Not at all a knock on the crowd Tuesday it was great, but those 2, especially GTown were shaking the City with the noise. Never hear anything like that 14-0 start Versus GTOWN.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Was anyone here at the VCU NIT game in the Fieldhouse? It was definitely raucus as hell, and it sure seemed loud at the time. But I can't really remember how the volume compared to the huge Civic Center games. I suspect the decibels were a lot lower, but it was a lot of noise in a small space!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Then we beat them both in the BET to win the championship

None of the "experts" gave a chance. I think it was Musberger & pACCer
It was, I was there. My 14 yo nephew and his friend had wandered around and watched most of the game from the student section. I watched the 2 of them storm the court when we won. What a day in NYC at MSG! Not sure when we got back to my mom's in White Plains.
When we all finally piled out of MSG after the ceremony the streets were filled with UConn fans. What a party!

Reaction Score
Was anyone here at the VCU NIT game in the Fieldhouse. It was definitely raucus as hell, and it sure seemed loud at the time. But I can't really remember how the volume compared to the huge Civic Center games.
Was loud, hot and sweaty. Different than the civic center - small, on top of the court. A lot less people but probably the best field house game I attended.

Reaction Score
Are you talking just home stands? Besides the cupcake part of the schedule I doubt UConn has had many 3 game home stands.

If you're just talking games in a row then it's hard to beat the 2011 Big East Tournament run. DePaul, #22 Georgetown, #3 Pitt, #11 Syracuse and #14 Louisville. In 5 days no less.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Nothing beats the 2011 streak from OBE tournament thru the NC victory. Don’t think you’ll ever see that again. The 2014 season ending run to the NC was mighty impressive just based on who UConn had to beat

Reaction Score
The VCU game had the largest crowd in the Fieldhouse ever I believe. It was insanely loud and dust was falling off the beams from the roof due to the noise. Jeff King really played well. RIP

Reaction Score
Syracuse - Georgetown back to back are still #1 for regular season
I’ve never understood why people say Georgetown was louder than Cuse. They were both super loud. I thought the Cuse game was validation of what we were seeing and was euphoric. Beating Georgetown was awesome, but I was hopeful we’d win after beating Cuse. I don’t remember Georgetown being any louder. I though both were just incredible. I was in the rafters with my friends for those games. We were 15 or so years old and scalped tickets to both games.

Reaction Score
We've beaten two top 10 teams in a week before. We've obviously had many many better three game stretches than this.

I know it's been a while, but winning three home games in a row—only one of which was ranked—is pretty typical of UConn.

Reaction Score
Are you talking just home stands? Besides the cupcake part of the schedule I doubt UConn has had many 3 game home stands.

If you're just talking games in a row then it's hard to beat the 2011 Big East Tournament run. DePaul, #22 Georgetown, #3 Pitt, #11 Syracuse and #14 Louisville. In 5 days no less.
I thought the reference was regular season - for post season 2011 does it.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
The Syracuse and Gtown back-to-back in '90 is still the benchmark.

So much innocence and hope manifested in them games.
IIRC #1 had lost and Georgetown was going to take over the #1 spot. Those were the days when I'd get up early before school and stare at the Hartford Courant sports section for an hour after a big win.

Reaction Score
IIRC #1 had lost and Georgetown was going to take over the #1 spot. Those were the days when I'd get up early before school and stare at the Hartford Courant sports section for an hour after a big win.
Journal Inquirer was my favorite for Uconn sports back then.

Reaction Score
I thought the reference was regular season - for post season 2011 does it.
I wasn't sure exactly what he is asking about. 3 games in a row at home since he said "3 game homestand"? As I said, I doubt there have been many times after the cupcake part of the schedule that they've played 3 games in a row at home.

Is he asking about 3 games in a row in the regular season? 3 games in a row anytime? Obviously post season runs would have more significance.

Beating Villanova was nice. Beating Seton Hall, Xavier and Villanova was a very good accomplishment for this team. But in the history of UConn? Are you kidding? Doesn't even register a blip.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The VCU game had the largest crowd in the Fieldhouse ever I believe.
Because they jammed rows of folding chairs into the areas they usually left vacant. That was the loudest UConn game I've attended and I've been to all of those loud ones regularly mentioned here.

Reaction Score
Was anyone here at the VCU NIT game in the Fieldhouse? It was definitely raucus as hell, and it sure seemed loud at the time. But I can't really remember how the volume compared to the huge Civic Center games. I suspect the decibels were a lot lower, but it was a lot of noise in a small space!

Absolutely actually I was on the news in many of the highlights as me and my buddies all front row behind the basket. Absolutely the loudest ever at the Field House and as they say the dust was falling from the rafters.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom