Where does that rank? | The Boneyard

Where does that rank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Where would you rank this game in UConn men's history for the regular season at home...I say 1) Zona when we rushed the floor for first time, 2) Butler's buzzer beater against St. John's in '01 I believe. Then I'd rank this game as third.

Reaction Score
BoatShow said:
No. 1 Texas has to be in that conversation.

I was thinking that game as probably 4, only because the first three were buzzer beaters and that game was decided with a few min to go if I remember right.

Reaction Score
Where would you rank this game in UConn men's history for the regular season at home...I say 1) Zona when we rushed the floor for first time, 2) Butler's buzzer beater against St. John's in '01 I believe. Then I'd rank this game as third.
I was there for the Zona game. That was pretty cool...

Reaction Score
Agree that the home game v. No. 1 Texas needs to be included. Loudest I ever heard Gampel get on TV. Students brought it tonight though.

Reaction Score
This game was very frustrating. Poor ball movement, lots of fouls on UConn, barely any fouls on Florida. Not that Uconn deserved them, but they were calling the game tight, and Boatright got bodied on a drive late in the game. Couldn't believe there was no foul.

Reaction Score
By far the best game I've been to and I don't think another game will come close!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
THAT WAS F*$)ING AWESOME!!!

Right up there with that Arizona game and Georgetown last Feb (though with a much better outcome!)

Reaction Score
What about the pittsburgh comeback

Which one? The 25 pointer or the Albie Mouring/Khalid game? Those were on the road, but I don't know that I've ever enjoyed a regular season game finish more than the Khalid game.

Reaction Score
Chin Diesel said:
It doesn't make you old. The back to back wins against Cuse and Gtown during the dream season were awesome.

I'm just laughing that all these youngins have a frame of reference that goes back to Arizona 2001. There's no way to explain that Georgetown game to someone that can't imagine a time when we were a perennial doormat.

There will never be an arena more bonkers than that place when we went up 14-0, and Georgetown couldn't get the ball over mid court.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Even though we lost, when Cuse came to Gampel in 2012 for Gameday I could feel the yelling reverberating. Like the cheering from the student section was echoing back at us. I've been to some great games at Gampel, nothing comes close.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It's a top-5 finish but not a top-5 game, IMO. It was competitive and fun to watch but the stakes weren't that high.

Don't get me wrong: I was screaming. That was awesome.

Reaction Score
Same, I was a student then actually. I pushed Richard Jefferson outta my way when I rushed the court...

This is my favorite game too because I also rushed the court. The best game I ever attended.

Reaction Score
Uh...my friend just reminded me of this awesome finish.

I'd definitely rank this higher than tonights.

[YT]

Also in consideration (in no particular order):
  • Kemba versus Pitt
  • THE SHOT
  • UConn v. Dook '04
  • UConn v. Dook '99

Reaction Score
Thankful for this thread. People need to take at least the night to enjoy this win before posting a thread for every coaching adjustment that pops into their head.

Reaction Score
Uh...my friend just reminded me of this awesome finish.

I'd definitely rank this higher than tonights.

[YT]

Also in consideration (in no particular order):

• [ ]Kemba versus Pitt
    [ ]THE SHOT
    [ ]UConn v. Dook '04
    [ ]UConn v. Dook '99

The thread was about games at home or otherwise we all wouldn't be so stupid to forget these.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
It doesn't make you old. The back to back wins against Cuse and Gtown during the dream season were awesome.

The two loudest games ever. Mostly because it was all unexpected. The Dream Season.

Not that it had an exciting ending, but one of the most thorough whippings of a very good team was the first NC year against Michigan State at Gampel. That was the game that convinced me how tough a group that was and how stupid it was for the "experts" to be crowning Duke as unstoppable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom