Where does Abdul-Malik Abu end up?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date

Where does AMA end up?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The higher the level of recruit, the most likely that there will be a circus during the recruiting process (Though clearly not all). I have to ask, since it has been a while since PC has been in on this many high level recruits, does it get any easier to go through it, the more you deal with it?

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
The higher the level of recruit, the most likely that there will be a circus during the recruiting process (Though clearly not all). I have to ask, since it has been a while since PC has been in on this many high level recruits, does it get any easier to go through it, the more you deal with it?

Hell no!

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I don't see why a guy at 50 and a guy lower then him need a whole damn thing with the conference and crap just to commit!! Your not a top 25 guy just get on with it.

Reaction Score

Yes. Of course.

Reaction Score
Yes. Of course.

What makes it easier is when you go through it a bunch of times, and seem to come out OK. There's almost nobody we lost out on who I lament to this day. Sometimes we got someone better after all, and sometimes it was for more peripheral reasons. Obviously Kevin Durant would have been a great get, but that team doesn't go far anyway even with him (AJ was slow and sickly and Thabeet was like a baby giraffe the way he couldn't stand up). Our younger kids struggled without an alpha dog on offense, but were able to develop into a FF team two years later (Stanley for one would have had his growth stunted by Durant playing the 3).

Bill Curley was always JC's one that got away and he would have been nice, but then Donyell doesn't come the next year.

Reaction Score
we can thank that jackass lebron james for the fact that this announcement party is even happening.

Reaction Score
My sources (my imaginary friend Tom) tell me AMA is committing to UConn! He was only checking out the other schools a second time just to tell them they are out of it in person. Either that or he was planning on going to UConn all along and he wanted to give other schools one last chance to WOW him.

Reaction Score
My sources (my imaginary friend Tom) tell me AMA is committing to UConn! He was only checking out the other schools a second time just to tell them they are out of it in person. Either that or he was planning on going to UConn all along and he wanted to give other schools one last chance to WOW him.

My friend Jerry just bonked Tom over the head.

D

Deleted member 3149

I still think he's coming to UConn. Sticking to my gut. Don't listen to goodman- that guy's an idiot.

Reaction Score
18 hours ago....
Jerry Meyer@jerrymeyer247
18h
Winds been swirling n Abdul Malik Abu recruitment. #Crystalball 38% N.C. State 31% Florida 25% Providence 6% UConn http://247sports.com/Player/Abdul-Malik-Abu-15812/PlayerInstitutionPredictions?Notification.Success=PlayerInstitutionPrediction+9484+has+been+updated!

16 hours ago...

16h
Settled today on #Crystalball picks of Oklahoma State 4 Jared Terrell & NC State 4 Abdul Malik Abu. http://247sports.com/User/Jerry%20Meyer/PlayerInstitutionPredictions?PlayerInstitution.PrimaryPlayerSport.Sport=Basketball&PlayerInstitution.PrimaryPlayerSport.Recruitment.Year=2014

13 hours ago...
13h
#Crystalball for Abdul Malik Abu at 67% NC State 22% Providence 11% Florida http://247sports.com/Player/Abdul-Malik-Abu-15812/PlayerInstitutionPredictions
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS MAN IS CRAZY.

Reaction Score
Wow, we are really, really out of it, according to those predictions. If we really ended up #4 in his list (obviously no way to know), you have to wonder why. Did he cool on us (failure of the coaching staff) or did we cool on him (saw something that said we'd be better off looking elsewhere)?

Reaction Score
Wow, we are really, really out of it, according to those predictions. If we really ended up #4 in his list (obviously no way to know), you have to wonder why. Did he cool on us (failure of the coaching staff) or did we cool on him (saw something that said we'd be better off looking elsewhere)?

You're drawing conclusions you can't really draw from 247 predictions. Most of those guys just seem to follow Meyer and Borzello around. It will probably be close to 100% NC State by 3 PM.

Reaction Score
my take is this, it doesn't matter.

We are close to home, have a big time program with world class facilities, a great education, and a great coach.

if he would rather play somewhere else, let him, he'll miss out.

Our program doesn't depend on one guy, we'll be fine with or without him, hope he picks uconn, but not losing any sleep over it.

If this was a big time football recruit, I'd be worried

Reaction Score

We are close to home, have a big time program with world class facilities, a gerat education, and a great coach.

Our program doesn't depend on one guy, we'll be fine with or without him, hope he picks uconn, but not losing any sleep over it.

Couldn't agree more. Lets take a step back and re-evaluate what is taking place objectively......a New England kid, has a chance to start at UConn day 1, a 3x national champ and 4x final four in last 15 years, and instead picks a school who is 3rd best within a 10 mile radius with a god awful coach.......something doesn't add up. with the way this one played out, a kid i once really wanted now doesn't even sting. next................

Reaction Score

We are close to home, have a big time program with world class facilities, a gerat education, and a great coach.

If this was a big time football recruit, I'd be worried

By the way I'd be worried if it was a big time football recruit too.......I mean to think the kid would even have UConn on his list would concern me of his well being!!:eek:

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Really sucks that we're not getting him. I hope Bonzie commits next month when he's on campus and we're set at PF for the next 4 years.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Huh? Have you ever seen me rant about recruits? No. I'm generally in the opposite camp.

re: illogical NCST choice. I agree FWIW, but who knows how much influence a kid's "handlers" hold...and who knows why said handlers push recruits to certain schools over others...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What makes it easier is when you go through it a bunch of times, and seem to come out OK. There's almost nobody we lost out on who I lament to this day. Sometimes we got someone better after all, and sometimes it was for more peripheral reasons. Obviously Kevin Durant would have been a great get, but that team doesn't go far anyway even with him (AJ was slow and sickly and Thabeet was like a baby giraffe the way he couldn't stand up). Our younger kids struggled without an alpha dog on offense, but were able to develop into a FF team two years later (Stanley for one would have had his growth stunted by Durant playing the 3).

Bill Curley was always JC's one that got away and he would have been nice, but then Donyell doesn't come the next year.

Not that it matters but do you really believe that if we did land Durant we also would have landed Sticks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom