"Where are we going?" "We're going to the Top the Very Top" | The Boneyard

"Where are we going?" "We're going to the Top the Very Top"

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well we started off a little rusty then we exploded lead by our freshamn. 6 players in double figures. Enuff said. We arent gonna loose a game with 6 players in double figures. You know what we're pretty damm good. Yeah we didnt play a top team and you know what either did some other top teams and they didnt have a lead over 35 pts and they didnt have 5 or 6 players in double figures and they didnt score over 90 pts either. With Liv on the bench which is a no no and scares alot of fans as we didnt have a big in the middle we exploded. Now I understand we need a big in the middle in a game like SC or Oregon or Baylor and maybe a couple of other teams but we showed what we're made of. Our ariel attack was on fire and has been late in the season.

Early on in the season we could see Anna was going to be really good and when she was 0 for America we heard she could shoot. Well Anna has arrived and with the ball in her hands she is a tremendous playmaker and shooter. Just think next season Anna and Paige passing the ball. Its gonna be Sue and Diana all over again and fun to watch. Anna is playing at a different level then most players and playing with great confidence. She isnt nervous and she isnt shook and shes tuff mentally.

Louisville lost that I think helps us alot to get a slot in Indiana. I dont care what the announcers say the NCAA will make the final decision. We have come into our own. We are playing with confidence. Our freshman have arrived. 6 players in double figures with great 3 pt shooting. We are gonna be tuff to beat because of our 3 pt shooting opens things up, force defenders out to guard us and our ability to dribble drive and pass will make it difficult for them. . I dont know if all of you see what I see but I see a team on a roll. A steam roller right now.

I have to wonder just how good the P5 conferences bottom half really are. Ive been watching games all season and there are alot of teams ranked in the top 25 that I feel arent that good and some that are better then their ranking. What I look for are teams that play team ball and not one on one and not dependent on one player. I look for teams that can handle the ball and that can defend the dribble drive and not allow player after player to dribble drive and score almost uncontested layups.

The next couple of games will be fun to watch and the Selection Show will be interesting. IMO UConn has earned a spot in FT Wayne. If they dont get it I would be worried if Im a 1 seed because right now UConn is gonna be a tuff out. Most importantly in the Regional Final and beyond Liv has to be on the floor without foul trouble. Foul trouble will allow bigs to score on her as she will be defenseless. She need to work more on intimidation. With that said the same will be true for our opponents.

At 4:00 today sit back and relax. The show will begin .

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Well we started off a little rusty then we exploded lead by our freshamn. 6 players in double figures. Enuff said. We arent gonna loose a game with 6 players in double figures. You know what we're pretty damm good. Yeah we didnt play a top team and you know what either did some other top teams and they didnt have a lead over 35 pts and they didnt have 5 or 6 players in double figures and they didnt score over 90 pts either. With Liv on the bench which is a no no and scares alot of fans as we didnt have a big in the middle we exploded. Now I understand we need a big in the middle in a game like SC or Oregon or Baylor and maybe a couple of other teams but we showed what we're made of. Our ariel attack was on fire and has been late in the season.

Early on in the season we could see Anna was going to be really good and when she was 0 for America we heard she could shoot. Well Anna has arrived and with the ball in her hands she is a tremendous playmaker and shooter. Just think next season Anna and Paige passing the ball. Its gonna be Sue and Diana all over again and fun to watch. Anna is playing at a different level then most players and playing with great confidence. She isnt nervous and she isnt shook and shes tuff mentally.

Louisville lost that I think helps us alot to get a slot in Indiana. I dont care what the announcers say the NCAA will make the final decision. We have come into our own. We are playing with confidence. Our freshman have arrived. 6 players in double figures with great 3 pt shooting. We are gonna be tuff to beat because of our 3 pt shooting opens things up, force defenders out to guard us and our ability to dribble drive and pass will make it difficult for them. . I dont know if all of you see what I see but I see a team on a roll. A steam roller right now.

I have to wonder just how good the P5 conferences bottom half really are. Ive been watching games all season and there are alot of teams ranked in the top 25 that I feel arent that good and some that are better then their ranking. What I look for are teams that play team ball and not one on one and not dependent on one player. I look for teams that can handle the ball and that can defend the dribble drive and not allow player after player to dribble drive and score almost uncontested layups.

The next couple of games will be fun to watch and the Selection Show will be interesting. IMO UConn has earned a spot in FT Wayne. If they dont get it I would be worried if Im a 1 seed because right now UConn is gonna be a tuff out. Most importantly in the Regional Final and beyond Liv has to be on the floor without foul trouble. Foul trouble will allow bigs to score on her as she will be defenseless. She need to work more on intimidation. With that said the same will be true for our opponents.

I am still amazed South Carolina lost to Indiana. Oregon to Louisville and Arizona.

Reaction Score
No matter where we end up, this is one of Geno's great coaching jobs. To transform a team that looked second rate and beaten down after the SC game into this new iteration of UCONN women's basketball has been remarkable. I especially like the new team chemistry and I attribute a lot of that to Jamelle, CD and Meg too. There isn't an "in your face" leader on this team like a Rizzotti or a Taurasi but our young women never lost their poise even when it seemed like the entire world was relishing attending the wake and funeral of UCONN women's basketball. It's as though all our players listened to "We Can Work It Out" by that group from the Sixties and then figured it out. By this time next year ( or maybe even this year Tony) those same unbelievers who were talking about dancing on our basketball graves will be moaning about how bad we are "for the game". They just don't get the hard work, grit, sacrifice and sublimation that it takes to play here and never will. That, above all else, is why our women deserve both our respect and admiration no matter what the eventual outcome.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Enjoy your takes! Is Megan eligible for the WNBA next season?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom