Where are the students? | The Boneyard

Where are the students?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We aren't hearing from the students like we did last time. Isn't anyone interested in going to the bowl?

Reaction Score
I don't mind posting there, is there any copy/paste material and contact info for interested students?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I don't think many students have a BY account. I'd go, but the day after Christmas at 11 am doesn't work so well

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
If I were enrolled at UConn and not another institution, I would be all in on this.

Reaction Score
No atheist, agnostic, Jewish, Muslim, Hindi, Buddhist, Taoist, wicca, latent Christian, anti-Christmas or otherwise non-Christmas celebrating, fond of somewhat warmer weather, etc. Huskies' fan, UCONN students? Wow, none, zero, zip?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We aren't hearing from the students like we did last time. Isn't anyone interested in going to the bowl?
IMG_7847.jpg

Reaction Score
We sent a non-UConn student to Fiesta but he bled blue and white. He's now coaching football at Guilford College in NC

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If no students apply, should we just donate all of the money to the school? On uconnbowl.com, there is a link that says "Can't make it to Florda?" and it takes you the donor page.

I'm up for whatever - just throwing it out there.

Reaction Score
If no students apply, should we just donate all of the money to the school? On uconnbowl.com, there is a link that says "Can't make it to Florda?" and it takes you the donor page.

I like making a donation. Or the other option is to buy up a bunch of tickets and just give them to free to Boneyarders who for whatever reason have access to the game, but not tickets.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Might be more useful to just make a donation. At this point it might become really expensive to buy the plane ticket on such short notice. Also, if we can make large donations under 'the boneyard' we can start holding some sway with the administration :)

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Call me a sceptic, but I'm not too sure all of that money will go to send people to the bowl game.

Reaction Score
My graduating class gave $30,000 for a bookworms expansion that never happened in 2006. UConn has no answer where the money went. I actually called them on it because I found the letter they sent me in 06 about the expansion and how our names were to be on it. Tickets will be dirt cheap for FL people.

Reaction Score
My graduating class gave $30,000 for a bookworms expansion that never happened in 2006. UConn has no answer where the money went. I actually called them on it because I found the letter they sent me in 06 about the expansion and how our names were to be on it. Tickets will be dirt cheap for FL people.

I was '06 too. Come to think of it, yeah, wtf happened to there?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
At $66 a pop, we could buy 30 tickets with the $2000 raised so far. What if we donated tickets to MacDill AFB? Would be even better if we could get a few connecticut residents to be included.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
At $66 a pop, we could buy 30 tickets with the $2000 raised so far. What if we donated tickets to MacDill AFB? Would be even better if we could get a few connecticut residents to be included.

That might be the best option--get as many people as possible at the game. Boys and Girls Club, plenty of other organizations would also probably appreciate donations if the AFB folks can't get off.

Reaction Score
Stairmaster said:
If I were enrolled at UConn and not another institution, I would be all in on this.

Why not? What say the Yard? If nobody else is interested . . .

Reaction Score
The money was originally donated to send students to a bowl game. Whether or not those students come from the boneyard I don't really care. If we can advertise to the outside to get students to apply I'm all for that. Other than that I think people should be refunded their money and they can make the donation to the school on their own volition if they so choose.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
The money was originally donated to send students to a bowl game. Whether or not those students come from the boneyard I don't really care. If we can advertise to the outside to get students to apply I'm all for that. Other than that I think people should be refunded their money and they can make the donation to the school on their own volition if they so choose.
Do you have a contact at Ted's? Were you dropping off the regular season donated tickets there? Could we get them to tweet out the contest and see if we could drum up some interest?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
That might be the best option--get as many people as possible at the game. Boys and Girls Club, plenty of other organizations would also probably appreciate donations if the AFB folks can't get off.

Been there too many times. I've bought many seats for various events, and was told the tickets would be donated to veteran's organizations. From what I've been told by those who attended, none of the seats were filled. I won't make that mistake again.

I'm told the same is true for donated tickets to boys and girls clubs, etc. A couple years ago another website raised $40k for tickets to a bowl game, and donated the tickets to a non profit for kids to attend the game. The money was pissed away - very few tickets were actually used.

I like what Nancy and Jarhead are doing far better. Hopefully they can find worthy students to benifit ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom