When was the last time you visited storrs, ct? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

When was the last time you visited storrs, ct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Last game at GP last season, think it was DePaul

Don't think I was anywhere near Boston

The OP must be confusing Thread City with Bean Town, it happens. Especially if he turned left

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
LOL shaboo hasnt been there for 40 years, grandpa. :)
But it was there when I attended. And now it's not, just like South Campus and whatever else I mentioned.

"You can never go home again."
- Thomas Wolfe

Reaction Score
But it was there when I attended. And now it's not, just like South Campus and whatever else I mentioned.

"You can never go home again."
- Thomas Wolfe
To be clear, there is still a residence area named South Campus. I am guessing the buildings are different, but it's still there, technically.

Reaction Score
Yes, Monteith is still proudly standing! They added an elevator, painted some walls, and recruited the Math Department. Econ (and other social sciences) moved to the new and modern Oak Hall.

what about some A/C or Heat up in there?

Reaction Score
I get to Gampel for a few games each year. I usually pick the nights when it's minus 7 out or something equally refreshing.

I graduated in 88 and was a Summer Orientation leader in 87. I knew every inch of the campus back then. Great memories of playing hoop in the old Field House, football games and concerts at Memorial Stadium, heck even a sunset tryst on Horsebarn Hill...saw Grace Slick at Jorgensen and played hoop against Early Kelley.

The campus is so different now.
Ted's is so different now. Huskies isn't Huskies anymore. No more Ramblin' Rich. Man I'm old, lol.

Reaction Score
LOL shaboo hasnt been there for 40 years, grandpa. :)
Shaboo stage opened in 2018 in willimantic. obviously not the inn, but it's gotten great reviews and I've been hearing radio ads for events there recently.

Reaction Score
I didn't know Huskies moved there, but yes, I believe it was the Civic Pub before it was Thirsty Dog.
Huskies is there now. The owner's a former grad. It's great

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Wow, I was at the opening game at Gampel against St. John's, the next day I moved to California and hadn't been back to Storrs since. Been to 2 tournament games since, the first was the loss to UCLA in the Sweet 16 in the Bay area and the 1999 final four in Florida.

Last edited:

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
2019. That was my first visit back since graduating in 2001 (sad to say it was that long ago). Absolutely loved being back on campus and seeing all the improvements. Also nice to see some classics still around (Wings Express, Dairy Bar, Gampel of course).

My department used to be in Monteith, but now they have that sparkling new econ and social science building.

Next return in 2023. But will see UConn bball in person at Georgetown this winter.

Indian food at Wings Express is so good. I will cry like a baby if they ever retire the business.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Feb 23 and 24 2020. Took both my daughters and grandkids and met up with my in laws for what turned out to be my nephews graduation party. We had tickets to the USF game and dinner At Genos. Couple days later we went on lockdown for Covid. I live in Clearwater and was happy we beat USF as they punked us earlier at their place. My grandsons were decked out in UConn hockey jerseys!!

Reaction Score
I live about 15 minutes from Storrs. I used to ride my bicycle up through there a lot. I'm fat now, so it's been a few years.

Reaction Score
Last summer. My Uconn band, from '98-01, Picasso Jelly, plays a reunion show every summer at Huskies for a ton of our friends.
This year's show will be on 8/20.
I love going back. And I'm so f'in thrilled that the Indian dude who owns the restaurant next to the New Huskies is still running shop. That dude is the best!

This...

Reaction Score
It makes me sad to see Thumpers in it's current state of abandonment. Nickel nights were always a horror show. I do have a wonderful memory of enjoying some nature with a couple really tall guys, circa 1989, in the parking lot.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I do have a wonderful memory of enjoying some nature with a couple really tall guys, circa 1989, in the parking lot.
Don't be Silly.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It makes me sad to see Thumpers in it's current state of abandonment. Nickel nights were always a horror show. I do have a wonderful memory of enjoying some nature with a couple really tall guys, circa 1989, in the parking lot.
One of my roommates was a secret weapon at Thumper's nickel night. About 6'5" 320. Simply camped at the bar with a lot of change and we all relayed orders to him and he dispensed drinks. He could not be dislodged. Nobody tried.

Only bar I've ever been kicked out of. Bought a cute under-age girl a drink. I had forgotten they let under-age folks in and issued wristbands or something.

Reaction Score
My last time at UConn was for senior night MBB, but the previous time I went was for the Xavier game it was one of my favorite times at Storrs since graduating:

First night at The Graduate, waited in line with Andre Jackson at Blaze, rode multiple elevators with the Xavier basketball team, chatted with Zach Freemantle. Good vibes.

Since I moved to Norwalk six years ago, I try to get up there twice a year. Always a special day!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
When in Storrs...
Whenever I think of chain pizza in CT, I'm reminded of my time living in Mexico City. There were three Taco Bells there. And they were popular because the Mexican kids thought it was some cool brand of American food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom